Photo

Adventure in Mysteria: Redo?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I redo my quest? And which tileset, if yes?

Should I redo my quest? And which tileset, if yes?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(Master_of_Power @ Sep 3 2006, 01:25 PM)
I'd say go with the DOR set. It is the one of most organized and most current set available, besides Pure. Everyone is using the Pure Tileset now anyway.

View Post

Well, right now, I'm considering it too much for me. It's... complex, and it's hard to make things look right. Besides, I don't care how long a tileset has been out or how organized it is. They don't matter when it comes to how good a tileset is or looks. Sure, it's great to have an organized tileset, but it doesn't matter if the tiles look terrible. The same goes for recent tilesets. Just because a tileset it the most recent doesn't mean it's good. I don't like the DoR tileset much since it's so complex. That's not going to stop me from using it in a quest, though. Just not this one. Also, why does everyone hate Pure because it's used by a lot of people? I don't want my quest to look unique. I want it to look better than the original Adventure in Mysteria. That is my goal, and I'm not going to listen to people when they tell me not to use Pure because "everyone is using it". That has no bearing on the matter, and it doesn't mean that someone shouldn't use it to make a quest. Rather, it means they should. If a tileset is that popular, why wouldn't you want to use it?

#32 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:24 PM

The Dance of Rememberance,
Is so far away...
Is it today?

Oh, such a Radient tileset,
Why, must you taunt me, forgive and forget,
If, you, must return,
Come back not for me, but come back for Piky!

Though, come what as it may,

Oh, sigh.

The Dance of rememberance,
Is it, is it, todaaaaaaay?

---------

That's my little tribute to DoR. Look out for it in the musical, Dance of Rememberance.

Use DoR Pika, it's one of my favourite tilesets and it looks pretty good icon_biggrin.gif.

#33 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Sep 3 2006, 02:24 PM)
Is so far away...
Is it today?

Oh, such a Radient tileset,
Why, must you taunt me, forgive and forget,
If, you, must return,
Come back not for me, but come back for Piky!

Though, come what as it may,

Oh, sigh.

The Dance of rememberance,
Is it, is it, todaaaaaaay?

---------

That's my little tribute to DoR. Look out for it in the musical, Dance of Rememberance.

Use DoR Pika, it's one of my favourite tilesets and it looks pretty good icon_biggrin.gif.

View Post

Is it okay if I speak my mind? It is? Good. That was creepy. Still, I'm going to stay away from using DoR for this quest, okay? My mind is made up, and you can't change it easily... unless you can help me understand how to make everything look right. My main problem was that there was no tiles for a top-right corner of ocean water flowing onto a beach, where the "beach" tiles were above and to the right of the water. I tried editing some tiles to make it look right, but to no avail. I like Pure better.

#34 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

Just flip tiles of a diagonal bottom right water flowing onto the beach. Doy.

#35 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Sep 3 2006, 02:29 PM)
Just flip tiles of a diagonal bottom right water flowing onto the beach. Doy.

View Post

icon_sweat.gif That makes me hate myself even more. If there's one thing I don't like about myself, it's that sometimes, I have a hard time finding those super-simple, obvious solutions to everyday problems.

Oh wait, there were already flipped tiles like that, but they looked... ick when put where the problem is...

Edited by pikaguy900, 03 September 2006 - 02:31 PM.

#36 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:00 PM

No. Now that you're more experienced, it would be a better idea for you to work on a new quest.

#37 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(MarioBrosCom @ Sep 3 2006, 11:00 PM)
No. Now that you're more experienced, it would be a better idea for you to work on a new quest.

View Post

Actually, I'm still working in plenty of other quests, like Realm of Mirrors, Legend of the Jewels, and Nayru's Quest. However, Adventure in Mysteria was terrible, and I'm sure plenty of people agree. I feel that a remake of it is needed before I make its sequel. Please, stop voting now. It's over. Could a moderator please close this?

#38 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:06 PM

I'd say you should use Freedom's Adventure Tileset! icon_lol.gif

#39 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:57 PM

For the last time, please stop posting here! I'm done asking for requests for the tileset. The tileset has been decided, so stop posting your ideas! The next person who posts here won't get a reply from me. I'm tired of people not listening to what I say.

#40 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

Sheesh! Sorry! I won't ask you again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users