Item Idea

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Mikado

Mikado

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:46 PM

icon_smile.gif This is for incase nobody came across this idea.

You can use the 'misc' items in ZQ as actual items with no use for certain missions: (Ex: Link has to find Zora's Saphire, so you can use 'Misc 1' as Zora's Saphire. Link will pick it up, but nothing happens, you can have a warp under it.)

Another: Link is asked to find a special item for someone. When he finds the item ( set to Misc 1 or 2) you can go back to the person and get a reward.

These are just ideas for people who never thought of this. Cus I'm doing some similar stuff in my eventually upcoming quest.

#2 VideoGameKraz

VideoGameKraz

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

That's a good idea. You can have the item trigger something, too (tiered secrets).

#3 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(xXVolvagiaXx @ Mar 28 2006, 08:46 PM)
Another: Link is asked to find a special item for someone. When he finds the item ( set to Misc 1 or 2) you can go back to the person and get a reward.

View Post

How exactly would this work? You can't make people reward you for finding items... unless you used like, the letter or bait. icon_unsettled.gif

#4 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE(theryan @ Mar 28 2006, 09:20 PM)
How exactly would this work? You can't make people reward you for finding items... unless you used like, the letter or bait. icon_unsettled.gif

View Post

Warp Under Item + Boss Flag; or, in the new betas, Perm. Trigger Under Item + Roomstate Carry-Over. When you pick up the item, secrets will be triggered remotely that cause the person to "see" that you found it and act accordingly.

The thing is, you only get 2 misc. items, which means that anything more elaborate than a simple "fetch" quest is impossible. Furthermore, they don't appear on the subscreen, so you can't really use them for something like the OoT Spiritual Stones. Still, it's better than nothing.

#5 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:03 AM

I had never thought of that but it is a Very good idea

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:28 AM

If you need more items, you can "fake" a pickup, by having Link walk onto an area that looks like there's an item there. The floor under the item sprite (It's not a real item. Just a combo-based graphic of one.) turns from a Trigger Perm (When combined with the room state triggers, .. .. etc etc.) will turn into a warp, warping you to an identical screen showing another combo-based graphic of you picking up the item, and you're actually in a corner, picking up a misc item with the pickup sound on, etc, hidding under layers, .. then you're warped back, ... ... etc etc.

#7 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

Why do you even NEED to pick up the misc item in that case, BH4? Can't you just set off triggers in the second room another way? Although, I guess picking up a misc item is easier for the 2.11 betas, since they have room state carryovers, and without picking up an item, you'd have to use triggers and boss flags.

Edited by Rakki, 29 March 2006 - 01:57 PM.

#8 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

There are only 2 misc. items you can normally pick up. BH4's method is another clever way to add more misc. items that do nothing. I like it. I just wish they would at least apear in the item menu.

#9 sci

sci

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:49 PM

i use misc like in Idiot in another deminsion for old guys coming out of holes ^^

#10 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

sci: I used to do the same, but now that we have layers, that's an obsolete method.

If you aren't using Link tile mods for shileds or possibly anything else, you can make misc items a sort of accessory for Link. I was going to make misc1 a pair of sunglasses and misc2 is what removed them -- but since I use whole different Link tiles for shields, that's not happening unless I make the item available at the end of the game. icon_heh.gif

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(Exate @ Mar 30 2006, 01:23 AM)
If you aren't using Link tile mods for shileds or possibly anything else, you can make misc items a sort of accessory for Link. I was going to make misc1 a pair of sunglasses and misc2 is what removed them -- but since I use whole different Link tiles for shields, that's not happening unless I make the item available at the end of the game. icon_heh.gif

View Post

Hm. I think that you can still make it work, since it's an additive property. So long as you have tiles for each, you can combine the two combinations and have seperate Link Tile Mods for Link with Sunglasses, without, and with shield and with 'shades, and with shield and without. I just don't know how the math goes. (I can't do simple addition. I suck most sincerely. icon_sweat.gif )

#12 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

I agree BH4, That is an ingenous Idea

#13 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

I like this idea.

Edited by Limzo, 30 March 2006 - 02:50 PM.

#14 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

Another Idea is maybe In 2.11 you can add the MISC tiles to the subscreen, so you can like have spiritual stones, or whatever. You Know.

#15 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

There's still only 2 misc items anyway though, so to make spiritual stones work, they'd have to add a third misc item. Either that, or you'd have to make Link start with it in the quest, and it just doesn't show up on the subscreen for some unexplained reason. icon_shrug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users