Project DoRUCC

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:10 AM

I'm actually making some myself Linkus... using your base of course. I won't be using them in my own quest, so if and when I finish them, I'll be "releasing" them to this topic. But Linkus, are you gonna take all NPC's made by people and put them into one big pack of them? I think you should. That'd be awesome icon_razz.gif

#62 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

I just thought I would show something.

IPB Image

Yep, that's him alright - He's not as tall as the adults, nor as short as the children - but, there's a few other renditions he originated from:

IPB Image
-The original concept. Sure, it starts as Link looking more of an adult, but that was the base.

IPB Image
The first shortening into a more compatible form. He retains some features, but he just wasn't complete. I later made a newer rendition of this size though, and it grew(or shrank in this case) into the 14x22 Link that you see here.

#63 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

Hey, that Link looks amazing! I'd love to see his animations.
Edit: I'm not sure, but maybe you could try shrinking the hat a few pixels. It already looks great though.

Edited by Sheik, 22 January 2010 - 12:24 AM.

#64 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:30 AM

Dude, that looks great. icon_smile.gif I'll have another go sometime when I've got a little more time.

#65 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

IPB Image

New template, now that there's a resurgence in interest in this project again. It includes updated palettes, and a second male template for those who want something a little less pudgy-looking.

Also available by request are adult body analogs, for those who don't like the clothes given in the template. However, they are only one animation, but using the animation style in the templates should for the most parts work.

#66 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

IPB Image

Which height should I use? The one that's more child-like, or more adult-like?

#67 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:28 PM

The more child-sized one. This Link looks more like a younger Link, and he looks kind of weird adult sized.

#68 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

Child sized, definitely. Also, side note, I think I like the color of his hair in the first image you showed more. But they both look awesome!

#69 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Jan 24 2010, 03:25 AM) View Post

IPB Image

Which height should I use? The one that's more child-like, or more adult-like?

The haircolour is beyond awesome. I am so gonna use these if they get public anytime. And even if it puts me through hell to sprite big enemies etc. Well, somewhen in the far future.

I'd like you to use both, actually. Depending on the game, Link's age differed. The big one would work as adult Link or as TP Link, maybe as LttP/LA Link, too. The smaller version on the other hand is perfect for the Celda titles (tMC,WW,PH,ST in my eyes).
If you want us to choose one, than I'd also said take the smaller version, though.

#70 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:42 AM

So I made some sprites. They're free for anyone to use, but the "set" isn't really done yet. I'm taking suggestions, but I'll also be making random people to put in cities for variation. I don't want to use the same NPC more than once in THP, so this will eventually be a pretty big NPC-pack. Linkus has edited some of them, including the Van Goghman and Freeman Gordon.
IPB Image
They're not perfect yet, but hey, I'm not Linkus icon_razz.gif

Oh, and that "naked" bikini woman... that was originally a naked man, but the hair was too pink, so I slapped on a bikini. So yes, that's actually a man... with a bikini. But it looks like a woman, so it's okay, don't worry about it icon_razz.gif His, err, her name is Jack Jackerson, or something like that... I dunno.

Comments?

#71 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:32 AM

Van Goghman? He's called Van Gogh, not Goghman.

Anyway, those are pretty good sprites.

I should get around making some myself soon.

#72 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:47 AM

I bet Van Goghman was a little on the joking side.
However, like I told you, they are awesome =) Must love Van Gogh ! He has too much ears, though (haha icon_awesome.gif)
And... CRAZY CARL GIVES ME TEH CREEPS!

#73 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

Well, I have an idea in mind on how to tackle the animation, and it will result in four different sizes of Link.

IPB Image

As you can see here, I took the largest Link and made walking animations for it. What I'll do is shrink down these animations for all the variants I've done, which will allow for everyone the size they need.

#74 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Feb 1 2010, 03:14 AM) View Post
Well, I have an idea in mind on how to tackle the animation, and it will result in four different sizes of Link.

IPB Image

As you can see here, I took the largest Link and made walking animations for it. What I'll do is shrink down these animations for all the variants I've done, which will allow for everyone the size they need.
Looking effin amazingly fantastic! icon_biggrin.gif Seriously, that is the best Link I've ever seen in my entire life. Without. A. Doubt.

#75 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Jan 31 2010, 09:14 PM) View Post

IPB Image

The animation...so smooth! And awesome! Must resist... (Invader Zim christmas episode ftw. icon_razz.gif)

Seriously, though, that's incerdibly awesome. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users