The hardest heart pieces/containers to get in Zelda Games

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

Finding heart pieces/containers is definitely the hardest sidequest in every Zelda game. We could just use a guide to help us through. But some of them require more than just a walkthrough. These are some of the hardest heart pieces to ever get.

Game: Majora's Mask

Score around 2000 points in swamp shooting gallery.

My god is this a hard one. I suck at using arrows in n64 zelda. But how are you going to expect me to almost perfect these controls in a minigame. Trust me, you're gonna need a lot of rupees if you want to get that one heart piece.

Game: Ocarina of time

Fish out a 10 pound fish

You know what I suck more than bow and arrow, fishing! I pretty sure there was a fishing game in MM, but this one I recall, gave me lots of frustration. I'm not sure how other people feel about this minigame, but for me. I had a lot of trouble with it. It took me 1 hour to get the darn fish. Man! Minigames in Zelda is so hard!

Game: Wind Waker

Complete savage labyrinth

You had to battle your way through multiple floors, at the final room, you encountered 4 darknuts, with statues that breath fire on the walls. Those darn darknuts, using those spin attacks that take away 2 hearts. But with lots and lots of practice. You end up beating them. Then you'll stumble upon a chest. With all that hell you went through, you'd expect a rare item. But no, it's a freaking heart piece...

Game: Wind Waker

Water ALL the dried plants with the forest water

This one's extremely tedious. You only get a limited amount of time before the forest water dries out. And you're supposed to water all the dried plants scattered throughout the great sea. Again, very time consuming...  

Game: Minish Cap

Complete the figurine sidequest

I hate the figurine sidequest. You either have to buy a bunch of mysterious shells, or be extremely lucky. Once you collected 130 figurines, you'll be able to enter the house with the music box. Along with the heart pieces and other goodies. But the time it takes is totally not worth it.  

Game: Twilight Princess (at least in the wii version)

Fruits minigame, score 10000 points

Yet another minigame heart piece, exciting...

This one's really hard. There's this one part of the game where you're a wolf and you have to get through this one part with a bird. Kind of like Super Mario galaxy where you had to use the wii remote to move the bird around. Anyway, it's hard, and it's never my favorite part in the game. Now imagine that, but a minigame! I've tried it multiple times, I actully managed to get the heart piece once, and only once. Too hard for me...

Game: A link Between Worlds

The dang Octoball Derby minigame

albw is an amazing game,  but annoying minigames is NOT one of the reasons why I love it. I hate this minigame, it's my least favorite in any Zelda game. You're supossed to score 100 points in the minigame, but the problem is that the game to too precise! That's why it's so hard. I've tried to make up techniques, I even had to look up techniques. Even then I would have to be lucky to make it. At my first run, it took 2-3 hours for me to finally understand the game, and another 2 hours to score 100 points. Eventually, I got pretty decent at the game, but not before practicing the game about 50 times. Every time I got that heart piece, I would save the game about 10 times. (Even though I know it wouldn't make a difference if I only saved once, but that's what I always do when I managed to complete something really hard.)

Edited by a30502355, 06 November 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#2 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

Phantom Hourglass: Having to wait for Stupid Gold Beedle's ship any day at any time! (What were you thinking Nintendo??)

Skyward Sword: The damn arrow shooting game at Skyloft and the Game Island thing where you get shot out of a cannon and slowly land back down...

Ocarina of Time: Dampé's Gravedigging Tour (this one wasn't hard, but hell I need a lot of patience for the damn guy to move around ... ).

• Avaro likes this

#3 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:13 PM

Imagine if in Majora`s Mask 3D minigame prices were tripled. And final boss is rendered extremely difficult to the point so having any chance of victory requires all heart containers. And add some more luck factors like probablity of not enough targets appear to score a minimum even with perfect shooting. And screw in microtransactions to allow players to purchase extra rupees with real life money.

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

Anything requiring the bow to get.

And I second that pumpkin game in Skyloft. F that guy who throws them. I get a good rhythm going and then the last 3-4 pumpkins he changes it up on me...prick.

• Eddy and Lem like this

#5 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:41 AM

This. Definitely this. Octoball Derby is the only thing I hated about ALBW.

• Avaro likes this

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

Octoball Derby from ALBW is what caused my 3DS to almost snap in half... true story. That is one HELL of a minigame to go through, and I wasted so much time doing that. I then did it again on Hero Mode and I got it 3rd try. Just... wat.

Another hell Heart Piece would be the watering sidequest of Wind Waker. I usually get this done 1st try, but it really does build up pressure as you go along, mostly because you have no timer and you need to keep track of 10 minutes. I always got tensed up near the end of the sidequest lol.

Edit: In addition to the above, I also hated the Pumpkin minigame from Skyward Sword when Fledge was throwing the pumpkins in the air. I just hate it so much.

I might also want to mention the harp minigame, also from Skyward Sword. I can never get the rhythm right and I always fuck up.

And here's another one:

FUN FUN ISLAND I FUCKING HATE YOU

I spend so freaking long trying to avoid the Dodoh Balls, only to land on a rupoor spot most of the time ._. I eventually did manage to get the 50 rupee spot, but that took a lot of time.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 07 November 2014 - 01:00 PM.

• nicklegends likes this

#7 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

Why does everybody hate octoball derby?  I played it twice, once to get a feel for the controls and I won it the second time.

I started my first Twilight Princess file when I was really young, so the heart piece you get from the cave in Faron Woods by lighting the torches was the last one I got.

#8 HavoX

HavoX

• Members

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

Why does everyone hate octoball derby?

You just answered your own question:

the controls

They were really bad. The kid who explained how to play couldn't even explain it clearly. And how DARE that little runt try and call me a newb! bah.gif

• Eddy likes this

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

Yeah the controls fucked me over quite a lot.

I did eventually get used to them, but why were the controls THAT? And what HavoX said, the kid who explained how to play, didn't even explain it correctly, so I was just stuck for a while lol

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

albw is an amazing game,  but annoying minigames is NOT one of the reasons why I love it. I hate this minigame, it's my least favorite in any Zelda game. You're supossed to score 100 points in the minigame, but the problem is that the game to too precise! That's why it's so hard. I've tried to make up techniques, I even had to look up techniques. Even then I would have to be lucky to make it. At my first run, it took 2-3 hours for me to finally understand the game, and another 2 hours to score 100 points. Eventually, I got pretty decent at the game, but not before practicing the game about 50 times. Every time I got that heart piece, I would save the game about 10 times. (Even though I know it wouldn't make a difference if I only saved once, but that's what I always do when I managed to complete something really hard.)

Yeeepp... I want to say I left this piece for the end since I was having so much difficulty with it.

I don't recall any others that I thought were stand-out difficult, though aside from A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and A Link Between Worlds, I've never bothered to get them all. So I just might be missing the hardest of the series.

#11 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

Most annoying Mini-Game? aLttP shooting range on the Dark World.

Why?

Those friggin' blocking hands... And that zombified Aunt Jemima that keeps banging that crap she's holding. Although, the game is not hard... It's just stupidly annoying.

#12 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:24 AM

Those friggin' blocking hands... And that zombified Aunt Jemima that keeps banging that crap she's holding. Although, the game is not hard... It's just stupidly annoying.

What did I just read?

I found that the controls for the octoball derby were kind of similar to baseball in Wii Sports.

#13 HavoX

HavoX

• Members

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

At least I didn't ragequit like the others! Consider me one of the more patient ones... :P

Edited by HavoX, 08 November 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

At least I didn't ragequit like the others! Consider me one of the more patient ones... :P

Are you patient enough for the skydive minigame on Fun Fun Island? That is the true question.

#15 HavoX

HavoX

• Members

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

I don't know, I've never even played Skyward Sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users