Photo

Ranking the Legend of Zelda villains

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

3) Has incredible power over all elements

She does? :confused:

5) Absolute, pure evil

She's not the only one. :P

Oh, and because I somehow forgot to address this:

Majora is female? I've always heard of it referred to as an "it". Anyhow, I didn't like it as a villain either. It felt kinda cheap in the end to have a demon in a mask that just wants to destroy the world for no reason. You don't even see Skull Kid all that much throughout the game either. Kinda wanted to see Skull Kid being the villain at the end.

I guess there was never any official say on the matter, but she's always struck me as feminine. Her Majora's Wrath figure does seem somewhat feminine as well, so I just refer to her as female.

#17 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Majora is the avatar of Zelda. Err, something like that.

What other Zelda villain is literally an embodiment of pure evil? I mean Majora's only motive is chaos.

-Strike

Edited by strike, 22 December 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#18 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

The reason why I love Majora is that it brought the ultimate peril to Termina and if that wasn't enough, it brought even more despair in Termina by cursing everyone and everything. It was genius that the visual term "removing the mask to show your true face" was in reverse. It removed itself from the wearer's face to show the true nature of the mask. It was a great twist. And with it being sealed in the mask, it made me wonder: if it was unsealed, how much more damage could it do?

To still persist against the giants and the hero, Majora truly wanted to see Termina crumble. Even if there was no reason, its just a pure nutcase.

Now, I'm not saying TS is wrong, because he's entitled like anybody else, of course. But I feel like on my list, its surely on my top five.

Edited by Shane, 22 December 2013 - 10:25 PM.

• strike likes this

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

What other Zelda villain is literally an embodiment of pure evil?

Demise, arguably Malladus and Bellum as well, Ganon in some incarnations... "pure evil" doesn't necessarily mean "only cares about chaos." There's different types of evil.

• strike likes this

#20 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Demise is stated by Fi to be the source of all evil. So yeah, he's got more evil than Majora. But that isn't to say that Majora can't be a better villain. I find both just as interesting, but I felt Majora had more development.

#21 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

I put Demise/Ganon and Majora on opposite axes of D&D alignments, that is, Ganon is Lawful Evil and Majora is Chaotic Evil. If you don't know D&D alignments basically Lawful Evil means you kill to gain power and Chaotic Evil means you use your power to kill. Same results, different process, and both are basically pure evil.

The best villain of the series for me is Wind Waker's Ganondorf. The game builds him up to be this horrible King of Evil, but when you actually meet him he's so calm and sophisticated that you almost respect him. Then when you get to the end of the game you kind of feel bad for him. That's the worst kind of villain. The villain you start to pity.

Odolwa is the scariest though. I don't care if he's just a boss with no backstory. He's scary.

#22 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

Odolwa is the scariest though. I don't care if he's just a boss with no backstory. He's scary.

I think you found Satalite's new Top 10 thread.

#23 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

TS, I seriously do not want to know what kind of women you've been hanging out with if you're comparing them to Majora. :P

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 23 December 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#24 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Not sure if completely relevant, but Nightmare is even more awesome in that he takes forms from the Links' past adventures. It even shows Vaati before he was made up.

So Vaati must have been Nightmare's favourite villain!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users