Final Fantasy 6 iOS Remake

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

IMG_04_thumb1.pngFinal-Fantasy-IV-The-After-Years-Androidfinal%20fantasy%20iv%20the%20after%20yea

The PSP version with the HiRes 2D sprites looked way better.  In fact, I'm glad they didn't do this to FF6, or else it'd look even worse.

How the hell did they get Ceodore's hair color wrong, it's their own character!

Edited by Koh, 05 December 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#17 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

Eh? You misunderstood me completely. I wasn't even comparing the DS with the PSP.

Sorry, there was nothing to debate against my post at all.

#18 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

I wasn't responding to your post, I was just posting screenies so people can see that...it is indeed a thing.  FF6 didn't turn out like that, thank god, but I still feel like the updated sprites could've been handled better...

http://www.spriters-...sp/sheet/38271/

http://www.spriters-...y4/sheet/58253/

http://www.spriters-...y4/sheet/58232/

...because they look nothing like those.

Edited by Koh, 05 December 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#19 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'm kinda scratching my head on why they recycled the FFIV DS engine for After Years iOS. I know iOS and Android are WAY more capable of producing far superior graphics. That Nexus 7 FHD is giving the PSVita a run for its money.

#20 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

Maybe they were being cheap.  Or figured that there wasn't a 3D After Years like there was a 3D FF4, so gave it a shot and...shat that out.

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

FF6 didn't turn out like that, thank god

If they did make a 3D remake like FF3 and FF4, I guess we'd have...

km3.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyways, new Final Fantasy 6 remake...I don't care if it's N64 quality, the same old thing with bigger sprites, cel-shaded, or whatever. It's about damn time!

Edit: I just realized how strange this post looks next to my current avatar. What can I say, I like shakygifs.

Edited by Moosh, 05 December 2013 - 08:04 AM.

• Magi_Hero, DCEnygma, Russ and 2 others like this

#22 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

I agree FF6 was long overdue for a remake, but since it's regarded as one of the best Final Fantasy games, why couldn't they have put more effort into the sprites.  I mean...you have to look at them the WHOLE game XD.  And why are these remakes only on mobile, can we please get a handheld/PC release too?

Edited by Koh, 05 December 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#23 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Actually, after years did get an IOS remake, and it was done in the style of FF4 DS...which means blocky models and pixelated (as in, jpged!) textures galore!

I liked those graphics. :<

EDIT: But yeah, I actually really liked how FF4 DS looked, the IOS version of After Years looks really nice too IMO. As for the whole 3D Style FF6 discussion that you were talking about afterwards, I honestly think that would simply look just...delicious.

Edited by Goriya, 05 December 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#24 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

If VI, had FFIV DS's engine, how would they pull off the final boss battle as the final boss's first and second forms are gigantic? In fact if V had the engine, I don't know if there's even enough room to fit the final boss of that game on the screen.

#25 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

If VI, had FFIV DS's engine, how would they pull off the final boss battle as the final boss's first and second forms are gigantic? In fact if V had the engine, I don't know if there's even enough room to fit the final boss of that game on the screen.

They could just scale them down partially, while keeping them bigger than all of the characters. Yes, it'd look slightly underwhelming, but it would certainly get the job done.

#26 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Orr....they can just use the smoother looking Hi-Res 2D Sprite style as seen on FF 1 2 and 4 PSP XD.

#27 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

They should just remake it in full 3D and have it be a PS4 title... Name it something like Final Fantasy: War of the Espers

#28 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Square, putting any actual effort into good games?  Oh Magi, you're such a kidder.

• Magi_Hero and Dawnlight like this

#29 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

Square, putting any actual effort into good games?  Oh Magi, you're such a kidder.

Mistwalker is pretty much the Square we once knew. Heck, Lost Odyssey and The Last Story could have been numbered FF games.

#30 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Mistwalker is pretty much the Square we once knew. Heck, Lost Odyssey and The Last Story could have been numbered FF games.

Don't forget Monolith Soft. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users