Zelda Dungeon does a walkthrough on Darkflamewolfs' Lost Isle

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

See to me, I feel they chose Lost Isle because it wasn't just another Zelda. Origin is awesome and all, but it's still (in a way) a Z1 remake and a typical styled Zelda quest.

Lost Isle has a very different atmosphere that hasn't been seen in any official Zeldas, it's much more like a Metroid game than a Zelda game.

I haven't played Link's Birthday DX or Hero of Dreams, so I don't know on those. I think most of us would feel similar if another quest was chosen that there would've been a better choice.

With that said, I hope this isn't the only ZC game they'll do. I'll actually consider visiting their site more often if they do more of these. Other than that it felt like all they go on about is Fan Art and Majora's Mask..

Also, #3 and #4 videos are up:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2pyGmvUPfjA

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-OPgs4Yu7pk

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 14 January 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#17 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

well I warned them of imcompatibility, but we'll see what bugs crop up in their playthrough.

#18 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Awesome news. icon_biggrin.gif This should be interesting indeed!
/me watches

#19 Mases

Mases

Lord of the Flies

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Just saw this topic. Thanks for posting my videos here. I am using Zelda Classic 2.5 for Windows. I sure hope I don't run into compatibility issues. Is Lost Isle compatible with all versions of 2.5? If not, what should I check to assure it works.

I did choose Lost Isle since it was one of the highest rated ones. However, Origin has been suggested to me. Given the vast array of games here, all things equal, I think I like the idea of a completely new game, as oppose to a game that is roughly based on a previous Zelda title. I may give Origin a try later on.

Thus far, I'm happy with the fans reactions and I'm enjoying the game. So at this point... I THINK I'll make it through Lost Isle. Originally was planning on just posting 2-3 episodes and see how it went, but I'm surprised by how well it was received. (I thought we were going to get complaints from users, saying they'd rather see me do a full video walkthrough of an official Zelda game that we haven't covered yet).

No worries on me rage quitting. icon_smile.gif I'm a rather patient gamer. I actually think massive deaths at one part of the game will make for good footage and commentary. I'm excited about that.

DarkFlameWolf, if you have Skype. Can you contact me. My username is (armochicken13). I'd like to chat about how we could potentially collaborate further on this.

#20 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Mases- I'm a big fan! I really like Zelda Dungeon and all you've done with it! It's nice seeing you involved with Zelda Classic! icon_smile.gif

Try some games! Make some games! You won't regret it.

-Strike

#21 Mases

Mases

Lord of the Flies

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Thanks strike!

Try some games. I have! And yes, I will continue try more. I'm hoping posting Let's Plays becomes a reoccurring thing for me for years to come.

Make Games... I don't know. I'd like to. In fact, I really want to. However, the time commitment is just not there, as I have so many other Zelda Dungeon projects. (Many of which I put on hold just to progress on this Let's Play!)

#22 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hello Mases,
Well, if you run into any problems, Zelda Classic 2.5's save data will work with the Zelda Classic RC versions. All you would have to do is replace Zelda Classic.

It's good that you are patient, because if Level 1 doesn't annoy you, then you should be fine on Level 2 which is just as difficult.

DarkFlameWolf should be able to answer further questions as it is HER game. icon_razz.gif

Cheering you on man.

Edited by Sepulcher, 16 January 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#23 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Woah, what's up Mases! Glad to have you here icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I'm not sure if it works with all versions of 2.5, (have to let Darkflamewolf answer that) But I'm pretty sure that somewhere around here is a Zelda Classic build specifically for Lost Isle. I don't remember where it is, or if it is just a figment of my imagination, but I'm pretty sure it's the proper way to play without game-breaking bugs.(Correct me if I'm wrong anyone icon_razz.gif)

#24 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Jan 16 2013, 08:03 PM) View Post

Woah, what's up Mases! Glad to have you here icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I'm not sure if it works with all versions of 2.5, (have to let Darkflamewolf answer that) But I'm pretty sure that somewhere around here is a Zelda Classic build specifically for Lost Isle. I don't remember where it is, or if it is just a figment of my imagination, but I'm pretty sure it's the proper way to play without game-breaking bugs.(Correct me if I'm wrong anyone icon_razz.gif)

Good point Keiichi123!

I actually have a copy of the LI build and the old version of the .qst file (before it was updated to 2.5). So if anyone needs it for any reason, I'll be more than happy to upload it.

Edited by Sepulcher, 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#25 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(Mases @ Jan 16 2013, 04:53 PM) View Post

Just saw this topic. Thanks for posting my videos here. I am using Zelda Classic 2.5 for Windows. I sure hope I don't run into compatibility issues. Is Lost Isle compatible with all versions of 2.5? If not, what should I check to assure it works.

Yes and no. In theory it should be, but there are two problems you might run into. First, there's an optional dungeon with enemies wizzrobes that will send you back to the start if they hit you. In the final 2.5 build, there's a bug where they sometimes shoot 8 projectiles instead of 1, which makes them a lot more difficult. Second, there's this screen here. What you're supposed to do it alternate hitting the switch with the sword and bow to cause the mirrors to turn, but some people have reported it not working properly now. If that happens though, replacing the quest file with this one here oughta fix it.

#26 Mases

Mases

Lord of the Flies

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Alright, sounds great. So as long as I'm playing Zelda Classic 2.5, regardless of what I run into, there is a fix for it most likely. Nothing game ending.

#27 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Pretty much. And if by random chance something does pop up (it shouldn't, since it's been tested in 2.5 and that other thing was the only real bug found), DFW's still semi-active, so we could pester her to fix it.

Edit: Oh right, one more thing. The annoying heart beep sound can be disabled if you go to the settings. Not sure if you've figured that out (I've been busy and I'm not exactly up to date on watching) but you mentioned it was annoying, so that should help.

Edit 2: Oh hey, maybe I should have watched more than one video before saying that. <_<

#28 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Well, that's interesting. Didn't expect we'd actually end up attracting the LPer himself. Welcome to the site! If you continue to play more quests, well, there's tons to choose from, and any portion of the Zelda Classic category on the board index will be able to help you with questions on the board or program itself. Here's hoping you continue your ZC LP endeavors; I'm sure they'd be very entertaining. And good job with the current one. icon_smile.gif

#29 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Yeah and he picked quite the doozy for a first LP! He should have wet his teeth with a quest that had far less 'Cobras!' in it! haha icon_wink.gif As for the bugs, I will get around to them, but my life has been so hectic, I've had no real time to do much of anything except read/respond to posts right now.

#30 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jan 17 2013, 06:28 AM) View Post

Yeah and he picked quite the doozy for a first LP! He should have wet his teeth with a quest that had far less 'Cobras!' in it! haha icon_wink.gif As for the bugs, I will get around to them, but my life has been so hectic, I've had no real time to do much of anything except read/respond to posts right now.

At least it wasn't Liberation of Hyrule, so there were worse choices in the end. Also, you got a page on ZDWiki - http://www.zeldadung.../wiki/Lost_Isle

The only thing I see wrong so far is Peteo isn't listed as a developer. I have no idea how to edit it, so someone else will have to do it.

Another article listing parts 3-6 is up on the site too - http://www.zeldadung...isle-parts-3-6/

I'm playing through on 2.5 Stable and making a list of the bugs. While it still isn't a bug, I have to say the sword angle still bugs me at times. The sword looks like it's on Link's shoulders at times. I imagine that was intentional.

Also, welcome to the site, Mases! Good luck with the rest of the quest. Level 2 is quite an interesting level and I can't wait for you to do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users