Zelda Dungeon does a walkthrough on Darkflamewolfs' Lost Isle

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm not sure if you guys already know about this, but it's pretty interesting and cool. This will get Lost Isle more attention, thus making PureZC get more attention. I think it's a great thing for the site. I could be wrong and over shooting my hopes, but hey, we can all dream, can't we?

#2 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well, one video in and he has the Bow and Arrows.. I kinda felt like he should've been able to get more done, but who knows.. I wonder how long it'll take him to get through the first dungeon.

One thing that worries me a little is what version of ZC he's using as LI doesn't seem to work properly in the newest version. I think RC3 was the one it played fine on..

#3 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Jan 12 2013, 06:13 PM) View Post

Well, one video in and he has the Bow and Arrows.. I kinda felt like he should've been able to get more done, but who knows.. I wonder how long it'll take him to get through the first dungeon.

One thing that worries me a little is what version of ZC he's using as LI doesn't seem to work properly in the newest version. I think RC3 was the one it played fine on..

Well, he's mostly blind to the game so he won't get to much done in a short amount of time. Lost Isle is a very difficult quest. It took me months to even figure out what my first goal was icon_razz.gif

And yeah, if he is using the wrong version ZC, that would pretty much suck. He could run into a game-breaking glitch that causes you to not be able to progress in the game. I sure hope he's using the right build.

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

First time I played lost isle. I took shortcuts by walking along the edges of the beach and ended up in a swamp long before I even first visited the village. It was fun discovering places before I even know what the frig the game was about. Lol

I still want to beat this game.

#5 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Second video up and there's an article on the site:

http://www.zeldadung...elda-lost-isle/

I wonder if someone should let him know about how the Shields and Potions work.. I don't believe Grasps appear until close to Level 2 at least.

(It would also seem he's using ZC 2.5 Stable from the looks of it, so.. it shall be interesting to see what works and what doesn't. I know a few things in Level 1 didn't work properly when I tested before.)

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 13 January 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#6 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Well if they are using the 2.5 stable. the guy that's playing the quest might have a problem in level 2.

http://www.purezc.co...o...p;st=2520
Look at Post #2533
It seems a switch is not working. I wonder if someone should tell them?

Edited by Ventus, 13 January 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

The switch is working fine actually (it is for me at least), so he should be good.

Anyways, it's nice to see a ZC game getting big recognition like this. I wonder what made him pick Lost Isle. And if he'll maybe go for some other ZC quests, like Hero of Dreams.

#8 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Russ is using wrong version of 2.50!

i allredy stated that i play LOST ISLE with FINAL 2.50 and switch does not work.

#9 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I can confirm I used RC3 to play Lost Isle and everything worked fine there apart from the Windrobe bug. That was in the Master Dome I think, so I doubt we'll be seeing it in this playthrough.
I tested in RC5 and a few of the permanent secrets in Level 1 didn't work properly. I'd step on them but they never stayed permanent. I haven't gotten to Level 2 yet on that playthrough however, been kinda busy with everything.

I kinda wish the database put which RC versions the quests worked best on instead of just 2.50.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(judasrising @ Jan 13 2013, 11:53 AM) View Post

Russ is using wrong version of 2.50!

Not the wrong version of 2.5, the wrong version of the quest.

Basically, the bug only exists with the updated version of the quest. So if he runs into that bug, he can just swap out for the old file and it'll work fine. Somebody probably oughta tell him that.

Edit: I posted a comment there. I hope he sees it. If not, if he runs into the bug, I can try to PM him on the site or something.

Edit 2: I thought I did at least. My comment's gone. O_o. Do they have to be approved my an admin or something on ZD?

Edit 3: Oh, there it is. There must be a slight delay posting comments. Also this post has too many edits. <_>

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jan 13 2013, 02:45 PM) View Post
And if he'll maybe go for some other ZC quests, like Hero of Dreams.

Personally I question why they didn't start with this in the first place. icon_heh.gif

#12 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jan 13 2013, 01:45 PM) View Post
I wonder what made him pick Lost Isle. And if he'll maybe go for some other ZC quests, like Hero of Dreams.

Hmm... Maybe its because its one of the legendary quest everyone is still playing. I don't really know though.

#13 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jan 14 2013, 10:08 AM) View Post

Hmm... Maybe its because its one of the legendary quest everyone is still playing. I don't really know though.

Same goes with the Hero of Dreams. Butm maybe they just picked LI because it had more production done. Lost Isle was put out there a little more the Hero of Dreams so that's probably why they chose to do Lost Isle.

#14 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

This is nice, I'm actually surprised they're doing this. I remember frequently visiting Zelda Dungeon years ago for their in depth walkthroughs. This should help market ZC towards different communities who might be interested in creating a quest of their own. I can agree to what some of you guys have said as well, I would have actually liked to see another quest be given the opportunity, specifically Link's Birthday DX.

#15 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Although this is great news, I agree that another quest should have been chosen. And if they still wanted to do one of mine, I would have suggested Origin instead. IMO, that quest(s) is far better in design and more akin to the pinnacle of what I could accomplish in ZC than Lost Isle was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users