A New, Original Zelda

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

Cat Zelda would also double Zelda's HP for the time she's in that form (nine lives icon_biggrin.gif) I like it.

And also all of the creatures should have secret abilities so that the player has to think "okay, what can hedgehogs do?" and improvise. Of course, as it doesn't turn link blue, the hedgehog won't be particularly fast.

Okay, so we've covered transformation well enough; what unique items should be available in the dungeons? Obviously we would keep the bow, the boomerang, the bombs, etc, but perhaps we could add shurikens? perhaps special items only usable in different animal forms?

Edited by Powerbracelet, 18 May 2008 - 04:38 PM.

#32 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(Powerbracelet @ May 18 2008, 01:31 PM) View Post

And how about zelda's other transformation is a Keaton rather than a horse?

Sounds good.

QUOTE(Powerbracelet @ May 18 2008, 02:35 PM) View Post

Cat Zelda would also double Zelda's HP for the time she's in that form (nine lives icon_biggrin.gif) I like it.

And also all of the creatures should have secret abilities so that the player has to think "okay, what can hedgehogs do?" and improvise. Of course, as it doesn't turn link blue, the hedgehog won't be particularly fast.

Okay, so we've covered transformation well enough; what unique items should be available in the dungeons? Obviously we would keep the bow, the boomerang, the bombs, etc, but perhaps we could add shurikens? perhaps special items only usable in different animal forms?

Cat Zelda sounds good.

Actually, I got the idea for the hedgehog from NeoFirst planning at AGN. We were discussing the possibilities of that being Link's Dark World form. He would go faster, as well as be able to it into tight spaces by rolling into a ball, which would also defend him from enemies.

And what's a shuriken?

#33 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

a shuriken is a japanese throwing star. and now that we have the cat, if we are to keep the keaton we needs YET ANOTHER form for link. No, better yet, keaton can be shared.

but items, items. what new items should we add?

Edited by Powerbracelet, 18 May 2008 - 05:20 PM.

#34 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

We need the hookshot. It cannot be Zelda without a hookshot of some kind. I like the idea of throwing stars. Well, with all the animals transformations, we don't need very many items.

#35 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:34 PM

true.

But zelda needs her own items. we can get by with five for each player, but the final battle MUST be in human form, so they will still need their items. but that's a detail that can be figured later on.

DUNGEON THEMES

What kinds of themes should the dungeons have? Make sure they are akin in some way to the realm.

#36 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

First, I was thinking the last battle would require the use of every item and every animal form. If we use very little items, and use animal transformations for most of the items instead, it would be straying even further away from Nintendo's ideas, which is what we want.

For dungeons, we need the last in each realm to be the temple of light an temple of shadows. We could have ice, fire, air, and sand.

#37 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:43 PM

I like. Big time.

Well, there's the basics.

Now, we can get down to business. I will begin writing the legend to be used in the prologue. Russ, are you good with pixel art?

#38 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(Powerbracelet @ May 18 2008, 03:43 PM) View Post

Russ, are you good with pixel art?

Kind of funny, I read this right after I got mad a shut off Zquest because I couldn't use the pizel art system to make anything good looking. The answer is no, I am horrible at it.

#39 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

Well that makes two of us. We'll have to find someone else.

My friend seth is really good with that kind of thing, I'll talk to him about it. He'd love this project.

#40 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:08 PM

You know, before we get too much further, we should find a program to make this with. And, we should find a set of graphics to use. I like OoT's pretty well, but I have no idea how we are going to get them.

#41 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:15 PM

Come to think of it, it may be a bit of a project to do it in 3d. What if we did it in 2d and had the cutscenes be 3d? That would make it easier.

#42 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(Powerbracelet @ May 18 2008, 04:15 PM) View Post

Come to think of it, it may be a bit of a project to do it in 3d. What if we did it in 2d and had the cutscenes be 3d? That would make it easier.

Ya, it would. So, what program will we use?

#43 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

shirukens...no. Just is not a good idea. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it is a good idea.

#44 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

Shurikens are out. Gotcha.

I will do a google search for a system; not GameMaker, too limiting, and not AGS, although I once promoted it, I now realize it's click and walk. And not BYOND, you need Dream Seeker to run BYOND games. Can anyone name another system we could use?

Also, I layed out a map of the light world, and it's looking good to me. I worked in the floating island with the posessed children as well. I still need to clean it up and pixelize it before I can show it, but no worries. This project is well on it's way.

#45 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

Okay. And if we can't find a software to make it, just remember what site we're posting at. icon_smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users