Custom Quests I would like to see made

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

With all the scripts in ZC 2.50 Beta's and Alpha's i'd like to see more side scroller quests, so yeah, Super Mario Bros, Metroid, Zelda II, something side-scroller oriented, even a quest that switches between overworld and side scrolling would be nice . icon_smile.gif

#17 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:50 PM

Yeah I was just pondering on Hogwarts actually ... and all the cool surrounding areas around Hogwarts that you can adventure around. Would be wicked! Your wand could be your sword, and it shoots beams at full health. Your Raft could be your broom. Your flippers could be Gilly weed (or whatever its called) from Goblet of Fire where they have that competiton, and helps you swim. You could even make it original and like from another kid's viewpoint in the school, that way you wouldn't butcher the story if you tried remaking the movies into the game. Hmmm VERY interesting. ... ... ... I'm still stuck on wanting to do a Star Wars quest though, I feel like if I need to make it before I die. Seriously, sometimes I dream about it. icon_freak.gif

#18 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

Halo is a definite no, only because of the fact that its a 3D shooter.

However Thundercats would pwn. THAT was a great show when I remembered it. However, I know very little about the plot now. Its been sooooo long since I've seen it.
icon_neutral.gif

#19 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

Actually, a Gauntlet Legends type quest would be cool. Choose a starter weapon, and explore different areas as you collect the rune stones. That would be interesting...

#20 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, it would actually.

Back when I made the FFA tileset, I had a look at doing a Gaunlet one after.
Never got round to it in the end though.

#21 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:37 PM

Hah. I actually wanted to do a Gauntlet quest with that set O_o it seemed so... appropriate.

#22 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

I still think a Lord of the Rings quest would be super awesome and killer epic.

#23 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:32 PM

As much as I agree that Lord of the Rings would be an amazing quest to play in ZC ... I just don't think it could possibly at all be done, at least well enough. I dunno ...

#24 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ Feb 21 2008, 03:56 PM) View Post

I still think a Lord of the Rings quest would be super awesome and killer epic.

It would be the best, seeing as it is also in a fantasy Middle Age time period. But it would be very hard to pull off.

#25 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:55 AM

I don't feel a LOTR quest be so hard to made (Wow, I'm super.) and I also think it would be great. ZC would really be able to give the LOTR feeling. The going through plains and woods... exploring Moria and Helm... the war scenes... Just make sure you base it off of the BOOK, not the MOVIE, which is a great movie, but skips and messes up a lot of things.

#26 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

Okay so I was looking through my DVD collection and found some other fun ideas for custom quests:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Could be a neat quest in ZC! Pirate swords, rope instead of grappling hook, a crossbow for a Wand that shoots fire-arrows (once you get the capability from book of mudora which can be something else), The bow and arrow can be a pistol at your side. You could have like 2 or 3 overworlds you have to adventure through, and each overworld will have a port where your ship will stay and once you get on your ship you can walk around on it and finally walk over a certain tile and it will take you to a certain overworld where your ship is already there in the port, kinda like you're sailing around to each overworld, but not really .... ..... neat idea huh? icon_naughty.gif

GI Joe
Okay so GI Joe is also one of my favorites ... it would be hard to pull off but I think the only main character you can play as is Snake Eyes. One cause he's the freakin coolest GI Joe, and two cause he has a sword. And you can give him a grappling hook, a pistol for the bow and arrow, and an uzi for the wand. PERFECT! You would have to infiltrate a Cobra base and take on Snake Shadow, Dr. Mindbender, the Baroness, Destro, the twins - Xamot and Tomax, then finally fighting Cobra Commander at the end. Would be sweet! icon_cool.gif

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Another perfect marriage to ZC! You could split the game into 4 seperate quests, playing as 4 seperate turtles, releasing each quest one after the other, building onto a story and finally the last quest you could fight Shredder at the end. Each game would play a lot like the other ones, except maybe a few differences in weapons, and locations. And each quest would give you clues into the next one that you had to use. ... . . . I LOVE IT!! icon_lol.gif

Chronicles of Narnia
Just like Lord of the Rings, would be really neat to see. You could do your own story in the world of Narnia, and just have fun with it ... I dunno use your imagination! icon_unsettled.gif

That's all I got for now. PEACE!

#27 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 21 2008, 04:51 PM) View Post
But at least this way you have more time for LR4... Especially if you did that on 2.10. However, if you ever feel like continuing this Simpson quest, just make another announcement and put it in your sig again. Some people might get interested. I also realized you want to make such a quest, but I'm not enough big fan of Simpsons...

A Harry Potter quest indeed would be a great idea. Both a remake and a sequel would be great. Imagine Hogwarts through ZC...

That is exactly what I intend to do. LR will wait until 2.5. Besides, it won't be done until well after it's release. At least I hope well after. icon_wink.gif

The Simpson's we had planned on doing in 2.5. 2.10 has too many limitations.

Yeah, I had though about the Harry Potter one. It would require a lot of work.

It may be possible to do a LOTR one. But there is too much fighting and it would turn into a fighting game rather an adventure in my opinion. And it would require the player to change characters at certain points. Which IS possible in ZC with the help of Link Tile Modifiers.

#28 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:59 PM

Someone should really consider doing a Transformers game in ZC. You would play as either Optimus Prime or Rodimus Prime, the sword could be your blaster, and there could be a global script in it for transforming. You'd battle through different Decepticon bases, and fight Decepticons like the Constructicons, Predacons, Insecticons, and maybe Trypticon. After you battle your way through each base, you would get a cube of Energon. And finally, at the end, you would battle Megatron or Galvatron, and restore peace to the Universe!!! icon_nerd.gif

Oh, and I don't think scaling down the buildings and people would be too big of an issue. In 2.5 we have "Big Link", and people are only about half the size of a regular Transformer. The only ones that would really be an issue are all the big ones like Metroplex, Trypticon, and the merging groups, like the Constructicons.

Edited by Beta Link, 22 February 2008 - 02:09 PM.

#29 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

You know what Beta Link, now that you mention it, Transformers does seem pretty doable. At least as doable as some of these other quests we've been mentioning. That sounds really cool, and some awesome custom bosses for decepticons. Man that would be neat.

I was also wondering, would anybody actually be interested in my Star Wars quest? I have the Mandalorian Wars quest, which is nowhere close to ever being complete, but I'm actually in the process of remaking the original first quest but redone to include all my new weapons/items. So the overworld is slightly changed and the dungeons and stuff are slightly changed, with new hidden stuff and maybe a second overworld, not sure.

I'm not going to put a lot of effort into making it look good, just redoing the original with a star wars twist. Anybody interested?? icon_eek.gif

#30 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

You can use Link Tile modifiers, and simple scripted items to make the transformations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users