• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 30 April 2024 - 11:50 AM

How exactly do you combine these in ZQuest? I tried placing water on the ground layer and conveyors above it but it doesn't work with solid water at all. and with non sold i'll be on land and the conveyor will move me.

I would prefer solid water if I can have it,

VqnLG9y.png

Edited by Jambu, 30 April 2024 - 11:53 AM.

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 30 April 2024 - 05:24 PM

This script will do it: https://www.purezc.n...e=scripts&id=59

#3 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 April 2024 - 05:31 PM

Found a way to do it using triggers and reenabling grid movement

Edited by Jambu, 30 April 2024 - 05:32 PM.

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 30 April 2024 - 07:22 PM

Solid water, and everything to do with solid water, is a jank hack of extreme proportions, and everything to do with it is awful. It will not work properly mixed with various new features, purely because it *can't*.

• Jambu likes this

#5 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 April 2024 - 08:52 PM

Solid water, and everything to do with solid water, is a jank hack of extreme proportions, and everything to do with it is awful. It will not work properly mixed with various new features, purely because it *can't*.

So I've noticed

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 01 May 2024 - 06:27 AM

Do you have the "Drown in Walkable Water" quest rule checked? That's the rule that makes it so you swim (and drown) in walkable water, instead of just walking on it.

EDIT: If you want solid water but don't want the weird stuff that comes with solid water, you could try making it solid before you have the flippers, and use triggers to have it turn into a different, non-solid combo when you have flippers. It's unfortunate that solid water is jank, and really conveyors ought to push you through solid water if you're swimming...

#7 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 May 2024 - 08:56 AM

Might be better to use non-solid water if solid water is so jank then.

Edited by Jambu, 01 May 2024 - 08:56 AM.

• Emily likes this

#8 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 May 2024 - 09:39 AM

Same issue. The problem is the fact that in my upcoming quest falling into water without flippers is genuine instant death. Solid water is best here.

• Jambu likes this

#9 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 May 2024 - 02:45 PM

Do you have the "Drown in Walkable Water" quest rule checked? That's the rule that makes it so you swim (and drown) in walkable water, instead of just walking on it.

EDIT: If you want solid water but don't want the weird stuff that comes with solid water, you could try making it solid before you have the flippers, and use triggers to have it turn into a different, non-solid combo when you have flippers. It's unfortunate that solid water is jank, and really conveyors ought to push you through solid water if you're swimming...

Aye, this would require entirely special custom conveyor code specifically for the case of overlapping with solid water. It literally just moves the player, respecting solidity, like almost every other single thing in this game does (except solid water) lol.

Sometimes, I hate this program.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users