Pending games

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

Do you have any games that you enjoyed and intended to finish, but for some reason you never could? List them. List them here. This could be because difficulty or because your save was erased and you were too frustrated to restart, etc. Let's see mine.

Mega Man 1:
The Yellow Devil seems to be unbeatable. Dodging all those floating parts without ANY possible special movement (floating, double jump, air dash, slide, etc.) so many times seems impossible.

Mega Man 4:
Second form of Dr.Wily first battle is a nightmare. Especially that all energy tanks and almost all weapons are used up right before that battle during the eight robot master refights.

Mega Man 5:
The fake Protoman's first form is horrible. Random shield, special weapon invulnerability, chaotic movement... plus it's too wide to jump over without air dash.

Mega Man 8:
The frost stage's sliding board parts consume all of my life. Always.

Mega Man X4:
Sigma's final form is just too hard with X, and Iris seems unbeatable with Zero.

Mega Man X5:
I can't beat the Black Devil with X, only with Zero... but I can't beat Rangda Bangda 2 with Zero, only could with the anti-spike armor, which isn't fitting for that stage!

Mega Man X6:
Sigma's last form is so hard, even if I start with almost full HP and have full energy tanks and use charged Ground Scaravich attack, I can't beat it!

Golden Sun:
The strangest of all. I'm simply not in the mood to play it. I don't know why. I'm not stuck in it and so far it's very easy and fun... yet I never feel like continuing playing it.

Megaman Zero 1, 2, 3:
Too hard, sometimes too boring. (The fourth has an easy mode, which is so easy that it's very hard work to try dyeing, so I could finish it.)

Adventures with the Time Machine:
I don't know if you know this PC spinoff of H. G. Wells' book, the Time Machine. It absolutely doesn't follow the book, practically only the titles are the same. Nevertheless, at a point, a gigantic amount of soldiers attack you and all attacks consume magic power, saving uses that, too! (With few chances of charging one unit of magic back.)

Spyro the Dragon:
Gets monotone after a time, unfair at lot of places. I quit at the Spellcrafters' world, where I couldn't beat a shielded enemy any way.

Spyro the Dragon 3:
I got frustrated at the ninja stage. Those ninjas are coming infinitely if you don't destroy their boxes, they ambush you and you also can fall back to an earler part of the level, forcing you to replay it...

Olympus:
This is a very fine strategy game based on Greek mythologies, but my n00b brother broke the CD into the driver and my father didn't keep his promise of buying the game again.

#2 Phoenix Fable

Phoenix Fable

Adept

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

Just about any Final Fantasy game falls under this category for me, except for FFXII Revenant Wings.

Ever have that feeling of getting to the final fight, then losing and you never feel like going back to beat it?

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

Final Fantasy VII for PlayStation... 007: The World Is Not Enough for N64... Paper Mario for N64... (even though I'm working on that now.)

Very few, actually. icon_unsettled.gif

Oh, and let's not forget Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons. icon_heh.gif

#4 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

Legend of Zelda Four Swords - I get sick of it about five minutes after I start, and you can see how that would be a problem.

Final Fantasy CC - I am actually really far into the game, I just hate when you get too far and die, and half to do a whole bunch of stuff over.

#5 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Pokemon Diamond
Jak and Daxter 2
Final Fantasy: VII

#6 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

Well, I never finished Link's Awakening or A Link to the Past. On Link's Awakening, I got to Turtle Rock and never felt like finishing it, it was getting so hard. The same with A Link to the Past, where I got to Ganon's Tower.

I dunno, I just don't feel like they're worth the frustration of going back and beating. I liked their storylines and everything, it's just that I'm not much of a gamer anymore.

#7 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

She looks like Vanice?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

Armored Core Nine Breaker: I beat and enjoed arena mode, but training mode is too hard and not fun...icon_sweat.gif

Edited by Nameless, 09 April 2008 - 08:56 PM.

#8 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

Most of the Megaman games. (probably all, actually)

The Zeldas I don't actually own.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Harvest Moon: AWL

THPS3

Sonic Riders (original)

#9 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

Well,

Zelda: Majora's Mask
I cannot get those damned eggs!

Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Eh. I've had enough for now. Can't find level 4 or 5, the Fire one.

Zelda: Twilight Princess
The part where you gotta find the seals before the sky temple? Not happening.

Golden Sun:
Exactly the same reason as CC said.

Pokemon Silver:
It's pokemon.

Phantom Brave:
Great game, but there's this 1 level... gah.

Mario Sunshine:
Seriously. The world above the Shine Tower or whatever? Can't beat Act 5.

Beautiful Katamari:
Fire level. 'Nuff said.

Metroid Prime 2:
Pretty much the same reason as Golden Sun.

And plus, every game I've played on ZC. Well, almost all of them anyways.
The only ZC quests I've beaten is Heaven and Hell (which is mine >.>), and those short ones that people make for no reason.

#10 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

Final Fantasy 3 DS: I managed to beat the four subbosses in the World of Darkness, but died on the final boss. That's annoying, as you have to trudge through three dungeons to get to it (Ancient's Maze, Crystal Tower, World of Darkness), and you can't save in dungeons.
Final Fantasy I and II: Dawn of Souls: I managed to beat Final Fantasy II once, but I accidentally erased the file. And anyway, I still have to go through the Soul of Rebirth after I beat it.
Final Fantasy V Advance: Neo Exdeath is so annoying. And I can't seem to beat him with the Chaos Blast the cannoneer can use.
And now an odd one...
Rock Raiders: It's that LEGO game where you build bases to let you get stuff to complete missions, and had a large exploration aspect. Actually fun (what I remember of it). Some missions (especially ones where oxygen supplies were limited) were annoying, and some missions had red herrings (such as a massive cave system when the actual objective was in the other direction. I eventually stopped sometime, way before the last mission.

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

Pokemon (any): Sorry Nintendo, I actually have a life unlike the rest who beat it.

Final Fantasy 2: Holy crap, I get to the underworld... then I have to give the game back to a friend.

Zelda: Oracle of Ages: Only "real" Zelda I have yet to beat. Level 8 killed me.

Shining Force 2: You get to the last 3 battles of the game... and your laptop dies.

#12 Lune

Lune

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

I still have to beat Ganon in Zelda 1 and beat the Great Temple in Adventure of Link. I still have to do the "real" ending to the Oracle games as well, but I ordered Seasons!

Have you ever gotten frustrated with a game, left it somewhere, came back and beat it on the first try? This happened to me with Barba in AoL.

I have yet to beat Marathon, you know, the 3-D Mac shooter.

EDIT:
Metroid Prime 2: Ing Emporer is really hard!

Edited by Puzidman, 09 April 2008 - 10:43 PM.

#13 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

Guitar Hero III
I have to beat Raining Blood...
Ummm FFXII and that's about it.

#14 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:37 AM

Zelda: A Link to the Past, I made it to turtle rock twice and just couldn't beat it.

Harvest Moon: AWL, this game just gets boring, the days take way too freaking long and its not very exciting.

Zelda: twilight Princess, although I have beaten it now, I quit playing it for over 6 months cause I couldn't figure out how to beat Ganon.

#15 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:29 AM

Pokemon
GTAIII
Gran Turismo 3
Nearly every single Zelda game, save for the Gameboys..
Smuggler's Run 2

There are a ton more, but I've forgotten nearly all of them. Those are just the ones that need finishing the most.

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Apr 10 2008, 08:22 AM) View Post

Jak and Daxter 2

I've beaten that. Quite easy once you get the hang of it. But I hate the mission where you have to blow up all them security devices at the port. icon_frown.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users