Photo

Super Mario Odyssey

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#106 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Early postgame spoilers

• Anthus likes this

#107 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

I've only played around 5 hours of the game, but I'm really enjoying it from what I've seen so far! It's really fun. Can't wait to get through the main story and try to collect all the moons in the game.

• Anthus likes this

#108 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

Apparently there's some secret ending if you beat the game with 999 Moons... which requires you to buy a lot of moons. Without buying extras, there's at least 880 moons to collect, so we're going to be here for a while.

#109 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

Early postgame spoilers

Same. That made my week. I just beat the final stage again with that and the end cutscene was glorious.

Apparently there's some secret ending if you beat the game with 999 Moons... which requires you to buy a lot of moons. Without buying extras, there's at least 880 moons to collect, so we're going to be here for a while.

I hope you get a postcard from all the characters in the game.
  • Jared likes this

#110 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Lol, I didn't realize cappy comments on your leet skillz.

tuh1hvspaevz.gif

• Avaro and David like this

#111 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

Well now all that's left is the 100% grind. Coins, souvenirs, outfits, moons... Probably gonna use a guide after I give up trying to find everything on my own. I'll give it an honest try and scour for things myself but after a while I'm gonna need help. I currently have 503 moons, and there's supposed to be over 300 more? Freakin' Koroks...

Thoughts on the unlockable final level

• Anthus likes this

#112 Arthas

Arthas

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

Cool there is a dedicated thread. Nice.

#113 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:02 AM

I'm really close to 500 moons. I have 100%'d 3 Kingdoms so far, but they are the smaller ones. There are a few moons I'm already willing to admit to not trying to get.

Spoiler

As far as I'm concerned, 100% is all the moons in the list, and all the costumes/ currencies. I'd say I'm a little under 50% in that regard.

I want to post more thoughts, but it still needs time to steep. I can say though, that this will be one of my favorite Marios. Like BotW, there are so many nods to other entries, and also a lot of new stuff. I like the progression too. I actually started a new game with my friend, and then decided to keep playing since the main story is so fun. I also found out you can replay some of the more epic levels by talking to an NPC, or.. other means.

Off topic, but I still love 3D World. I hope people don't start hating on that game even more since this is out. 3D World was and still is a great game, and a ton of fun. 

EDIT: I actually practiced that jump seen in Arthas' post, and it's not too hard. I've noticed Cappy randomly saying stuff after certain actions. When gliding to a moon in one level, he said "Wow, that was great! I'd take my hat off to you, but.." Gave me a chuckle. I'm excited to see the speedrunning evolve for this game, cause it looks like Cappy might offer Mario his most dynamic move set since Sunshine, or ever, really. And,

capture ability/ easter egg spoiler

• David likes this

#114 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:47 PM

https://twitter.com/...991088933629952

Hot damn that's a great easter egg.

#115 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Nice. I never thought I would actually want DLC, but this is a game where I wouldn't mind paying for more quality levels. I finally made it to the 500 moon level, and I will admit, I am not impressed. It is the only thing in the game to feel kind of like a let down. I was expecting a really hard level, and it delivers there, but, I dunno, I thought there'd be more of a spin on it.

According to some people, Isle Delfino was on the map, but got removed? I dunno how true this is, but if they allegedly removed it, I have to ask why? I mean, it seems kind of dumb since the Cascade Kingdom is basically Dinosaur Island from SMW.

#116 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

If that was the case, it is likely that they decided to remove Isle Delfino from the game because they ran out of time to flesh it out like they did with all other worlds. While it would be a nice throwback world, I would not be keen on it replacing an existing world. And if this is the case, Isle Delfino is likely to be DLC.

Prediction, minor spoiler

Edited by Orithan, 06 November 2017 - 12:02 AM.

#117 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

100%'d the game. It's amazing through and through, although there are still a few moons or stars that are arbitrary or frustrating. What else is new, really? If you were to ask me which of the 3D Mario games I'd sooner go for 100% in... it's still Super Mario 64. Galaxy 2 at second I think. Then Odyssey. For a simple good time without worrying about finishing literally everything? God, man, it's hard to say, because they're all so fantastic. This is up there though. This may be the best. Great level design, excellent controls, oozing with delightful charm all the way throughout... It ultimately encapsulates the concept of what a video game should be: Fun. And on that merit alone, the game is basically perfect.

#118 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

100%'d the game.

You got all 830 moons?

#119 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:08 AM

Moon count

#120 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

Also funny thing I ran across way earlier in the game and just thought about again and decided to post here: https://twitter.com/...001820384432128

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users