Super Mario Odyssey

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#91 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

The more i read about this game, the more it looks like to be the true sucessor of Super Mario 64 I've been asking for a long time. Damn it, now i really need to buy a Switch.

• Anthus and The Satellite like this

#92 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

First impressions time!

Spoiler

#93 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

You can check your collected moons by pressing Y on the map (which is of course accessed with the minus button).

I found the motion controls are easy to trigger by accident, but luckily a hat throw usually doesn't mess me up too much when I move the controller too quickly.

• Anthus likes this

#94 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Already beat the main story. I went into this game almost COMPLETELY blind, and hoo boy. WOW. I'm astounded. I LOVE THIS GAME.

• Anthus and Cukeman like this

#95 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:06 PM

Just made it to what I'm guessing is the final story related Kingdom. Nice spin on some classic themes here. I'm loving every minute, and I could see this replacing the Galaxy games as my favorite 3D Mario. Yeah, it's that good.

A returning idea from the past games also fits right in, and feels really cool without feeling like its relying on nostalgia alone. It's been a great ride so far.

There was one remix too, that I won't spoil, but it came at just the right time.
  • Jared likes this

#96 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

Speaking of the Galaxy games, I got heavy Galaxy vibes from the way the Luncheon Kingdom played out for some reason. Just heavily felt like it could be a world from those games... minus the capture mechanic of course, and also lack of space. Good world. Like pretty much every world honestly.

• Jared likes this

#97 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:44 AM

Just beat the main story, and wow that was something else. I'm exploring what I'll refer to as the "Postgame Kingdom" and found some things that really make things feel like Mario 64. Yeah, There has not been one Kingdom I haven't liked. When I was going into this, I was expecting there to be a few less exciting worlds, but the ones that are here are pretty good. Even the water levels are good. Especially the one that kind of sort of does that thing like Sunshine, kind of.

It really, really does feel like a true sequel to 64. Not saying Sunshine wasn't, but that game was very different. This game is different too, but it feels like they were really focused on making that epic open Mario game we've been waiting for, and they met, and exceeded my expectations. It also has more Galaxy-esque "stages" within these worlds too, so don't worry if you were thinking it's all open worlds.

• Jared likes this

#98 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Beat the main story myself. Fucking amazing game. And there's still tons left! Including new stuff that makes me happy that there's some actual sort of postgame, and that all the moons will matter instead of worlds being filled with them for the sake of it.

Ending cutscene annoyance

But yeah, great game. Gonna spend some more time in the postgame, which I've done a bit of already, and already enjoying that. This may be the most fulfilling Mario game ever at this rate.

• Anthus, MoscowModder, Jared and 1 other like this

#99 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

About the ending:
Spoiler

• Jared likes this

#100 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Spoiler

• Jared likes this

#101 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

Yet more ending spoilers

• Anthus, The Satellite and Jared like this

#102 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

Should I be worried you've all seen the end already? Is it short?

#103 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

We all got to the game's ending pretty quickly, but there's a ton of content left once you get there (including more stuff that unlocks after the end).

I don't know exactly how many moons there are to collect, but I think I'm probably about 40% of the way complete (wild guess).

#104 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, I beat the game with about 151 moons but I've collected another 100 or so. There's a lot. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm about half way maybe, with 350 moons so far.

#105 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:27 PM

There are a LOT of moons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users