Photo

Map of the Month 64

FireSeraphim

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 64 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

The Panama Canal opened on August 15, 1914. Keeping that in mind, vote for the best map.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:44 AM

FireSeraphim
The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Joelmacool12
LikeLike 2 map so far, I hope you like the detail and the open space!

bmc10011
A happy world with flowers and many different types of trees.

LinkFan212
The Makar Sand Palace...I wonder how Link feels about this...

a30502355
Yeah, super spoilers for one of my quests ahead. Click the link above if you already played Ioc, or click the link above if you're too sexy for spoilers.

Good turnout this week! Thank you, everybody. :thumbsup: As always, commenters, please try to leave plenty of helpful feedback.
  • LinkFan212 likes this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

Dayum, quite a lot of good maps this month. Let's begin:

FireSeraphim - This looks really cool. I love how you transformed a section of Z1's overworld map into something like that. The village in particular is looking really cool.

Joelmacool12 - You are definitely improving with every map you make, and this looks like the best one you've made so far. The design here is really superb and it makes classic look really good. If only it was bigger and had more lovely screens.

bmc10011 - This is quite the interesting map. I assume you used the Maku Tree palette for this map, which doesn't look too bad. There are a few issues however, but two in particular stand out the most for me. For one, the mountains seem a bit too "boxed". Maybe try to make them look a bit less "boxy" since it will look more natural like that. Another issue is the trees on the far left. To my knowledge, those trees are underwater trees from Oracle of Ages, and using them in an overworld like this doesn't really suit well. Maybe if it was an underwater map, then those trees would suit it better.

LinkFan212 - This is an amazing dungeon map. It really does remind me of those awesome dungeon maps mao10 submits sometimes in this contest. The design here is really cool, there's a lot of stuff going on and I really do love it. My only suggestion would be to probably add more "desert" stuff, like cacti or something. Also, a bit more colour variety could help, but that's just me now lol.

a30502355 - Could this be an Instruments of Courage remake coming through? :P Either way, I do recognise this map from that quest and it looks like a really cool remake of it. The design is also much better and it is filled with so much EZGBZ goodness.

Overall, it was close between Joel and Linkfan, but in the end I'm probably gonna go for Joel. Everyone did really great this month!

• nicklegends, Yapollo, LinkFan212 and 1 other like this

#3 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

Wow, Fire Seraphim's map is amazing!!!! Vote

-Strike
  • Shane likes this

#4 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

Voted FireSeraphim, as well, for his excellent transformation of part of the classic OW, the only comment I'd make is that I'd recommend using the other shaded mountain tiles, since the added illusion of depth and height helps to sell the illusion. As it stands, the mountains don't really match the perspective of everything else.

#5 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

I liked FireSeraphim's map. (I voted for him)

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 16 June 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#6 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:29 PM

So many good maps this month!

#7 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:24 AM

Xavier's is the only one that really appeals to me. You get my vote.

#8 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:12 AM

FireSeraphim, is that becoming a real quest? That over world map looks like such a creative re-invisioning of the original. You get my vote!

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

FireSeraphim (32 votes [72.73%])
Joelmacool12 (1 vote [2.27%])
bmc10011 (0 votes [0.00%])
LinkFan212 (1 vote [2.27%])
a30502355 (10 votes [22.73%])

FireSeraphim wins this one handily. Congratulations! And thanks to all who participated in this five-way contest. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FireSeraphim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users