Photo

Map of the Month 34

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 34 (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite map!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Three competitors.

Three maps.

One dream.

Let Map of the Month 34 commence!

[/hr]

Evan20000
The Ganon symphony presents.....

Anthus
Prepare your body.

Dragonite

As usual, the contest will run for no fewer than 30 days. Thank you to all of our entrants, and good luck!

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Evan20k, your map forgot the second gotta catch them all, therefore I give it a 0/10 icon_deformed.gif

Anthus: Interesting tiles, especially for classic, although they would create some style clash, which is often not a good thing.
For the tiles and map design, 8/10, for the tiles being in classic, 5.5/10. icon_confused.gif

#3 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Evan: You've been GANNON-BANNED to the evil jar!

Anthus: Looks cool, but yes, there is some very severe style clash. Those custom tiles don't belong in classic.

Dragonite: The Tower of Dreams has some rather disorienting perspective, but besides that the map is great.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Evan20000 - At least 150 or more to see to be a Pokemon Master is my DESTINY!!!!!

Anthus - Not a fan of style-clashing. Not one bit.

Dragonite - Great layout overall, but why does a majority of the map follow a formula that there's always a set of trees on the middle of each screen? Regardless, I voted for this one.

Edited by Dawnlight, 01 November 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Nov 1 2012, 05:17 PM) View Post

Dragonite - Great layout overall, but why does a majority of the map follow a formula that there's always a set of trees on the middle of each screen? Regardless, I voted for this one.
I actually noticed a pattern in that when I was designing this map, I guess it's just a habit of mine when working with GB, but if I took away those trees the screens would be much more empty. icon_smile.gif

#6 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Very Good Map Dragonite! I like it when voting is an easy choice. Good layout.

-Strike

#7 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I love that map Dragonite, I think it's some of the best work you have ever done. You are definitely most improved this year in my books. It gives me such a nostalgic feeling, reminding me so much of Link's Awakening (in a very good way), yet at the same time it is very original in design. Keep up the great work!

#8 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

these links are not working for me...

they morph into this: http://pagesinxt.com...a...es&nxte=png

#9 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

I think that's just you.

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Amazing map, Evan! You blew the competition away! *Votes*

Edit: And by blew the competition away I mean I was too busy laughing to notice Dragonite's map composed entirely of rivers and bridges and Anthus's custom content tile showcase cave...

Okay now I should probably rate the serious contestants:

Anthus: The pits are black, the roof is black, THE ROOF IS PITS OH LORDY! Also your tiles really clash with the default classic ones.

Dragonite: It all looks the same. Why is there nothing creative here. Also you made a tile error on the bottom left corner, a palette error on the top right corner, and the land goes over the bridge near the tower. That said you've appealed perfectly to Pure's bridge-with-a-river-crossing-it fetish.

Edited by Moosh, 06 November 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Nov 6 2012, 08:13 PM) View Post

Edit: And by blew the competition away I mean I was too busy laughing to notice Dragonite's map composed entirely of rivers and...

Dragonite: It all looks the same. Why is there nothing creative here. Also you made a tile error on the bottom left corner, a palette error on the top right corner, and the land goes over the bridge near the tower. That said you've appealed perfectly to Pure's bridge-with-a-river-crossing-it fetish.

Why do you have to be so rude about it, Moosh? It seems like you've been incredibly negative the past week or two. And frankly, I (And a few others) don't like it. It's very disheartening to read comments like this, where you only point out the negative, and make fun of the person in question. I don't hate you or anything, but I have been seriously repulsed by your behavior.

Instead of "laughing" at him, why don't you try to help? Or maybe not comment at all? icon_badrazz.gif

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Before this sparks into something else unrelated to the actual topic at hand, let's remember that this thread is about the current Map of the Month contest. If you want to keep up an argument, take it to PM, okay? Don't let it ruin this contest.

Carry on.

#13 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I voted for Dragonite because I for one, do have the GB bridge fetish. No joke. those palettes are flipping amazing and fits well in the areas.

icon_badrazz.gif

#14 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Nov 7 2012, 05:39 PM) View Post

Why do you have to be so rude about it, Moosh? It seems like you've been incredibly negative the past week or two. And frankly, I (And a few others) don't like it. It's very disheartening to read comments like this, where you only point out the negative, and make fun of the person in question. I don't hate you or anything, but I have been seriously repulsed by your behavior.

Instead of "laughing" at him, why don't you try to help? Or maybe not comment at all? icon_badrazz.gif

Oh wow, that post was very poorly worded. I wasn't laughing at Dragonite's shot. I was laughing at Evan's. I do love me a good joke map now and then. I felt that as far as joke maps go, Evan's was better by joke standards than the competition was by normal standards. We just have an uninspired turnout this month in my opinion. icon_shrug.gif

Just felt I should clarify my earlier comments. I didn't mean to come off as mocking the contestants.

Edited by Moosh, 07 November 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#15 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I know, I realized that a few hours later. I'm sorry for what I said. :/

Anyway, I voted for Dragonite. Love the colors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users