Dungeon Doors.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

It's a "Cave"-type DMap, so maybe that's the problem.

I've got all my doors set up in the Door Combo Sets dialog. I slap some doors on a screen and they look great.

But when I actually play the quest, the doors don't appear. All that shows up is whatever is on layers 0 or 1. This happens especially with shutters. But when I defeat all the enemies on the screen/solve a puzzle, the shutters open and then they look fine.

Blauragrarrg. I'm stuck. Someone please help me.

#2 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

Doors only work correctly on Dungeon DMaps.

#3 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

You'll need to use freeform dungeons on the cave DMap.

#4 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:24 AM

You gotta make custom doors, which is easy as hell, especially in GB which I'm pretty sure you're using.

Just make the locked and boss doors lock block and boss lock block combos. And for shutters, make the room type Enemies->Secret, put Flag 16-31 on the shutter, and set the secret. It's also much nicer cause you can put doors wherever the hell you want.

#5 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

If you want doors on the Gameboy Set all you have to do is edit the Door sets.
that's what I did on my quest.
and the doors opens and close shutters.
but it will take some time though.
but it's totally worth it in the end.

#6 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

This is all really confusing, guys. By the way, I'm using 2.10.

I have the "freeform dungeons" rule checked in ZQuest...are you saying dungeon doors are supposed to work in a "Cave"-type dmap when that rule is checked? I can deal with the locked doors. And shutters will open correctly when I kill all enemies/solve a puzzle, they just won't close on you when you walk into a room.

Yet Sinfex sez the shutters will only work correctly for "Dungeon"-type dmap.

I have considered making custom doors, or "off-center shutters" as they are called in Idon'tknow's tutorial, but they won't make that amazing "shutter" SFX, and they won't close on you when you walk in a room, ya? So when link walks in a room he could potentially walk through a solid wall i.e. the custom shutter. Also, in a cave-type dmap, secret flags are permanent when triggered.

I just would really like to make all this work without having to use that dungeon-type dmap setting. Please oh please don't make me have link walk the mandatory two spaces when he enters a dungeon room! icon_sorry.gif

#7 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

Well if you do it my way , the doors will shutter and close and have that amazing shutter sfx , and will also close right when you enter the screen.

#8 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

Well if you do it my way , the doors will shutter and close and have that amazing shutter sfx , and will also close right when you enter the screen.

You know how much I love the amazing shutter SFX. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't even bother with ZC. I've edited my doors in the Door Combo Sets editor...now do I have to use a "dungeon"-type dmap for that to work or will it all somehow work with a "cave"-type? If so with the latter, then how?

#9 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

As far as I know the only way to get the Shutter SFX is to set it as a Dungeon DMap. And to use the Tools: Doors function. So I don't think you can have the Shutter SFX for what you want to do.

#10 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

So be it. Setting the dmap to "dungeon"...oh well. Great quests like the german quest had the annoying "walk two spaces when entering a dungeon screen" thing, so I guess it won't kill me to tweak the dungeon as such.

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Woah there!
You're using a dungeon DMap just so you can have the shutter SFX?

Dungeon DMaps are terrible...
They're really not worth it just for one little SFX.

#12 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Well, using the "cave"-type caused all my dungeon doors to bug out!

#13 Sinfex

Sinfex

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

Is your Dungeon the usual walls around you, doors in only four locations thing? Like this?

IPB Image

If so use the Dungeon DMap. If it's anything else then use caves.

#14 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

I've decided to use "dungeon"...the "walk the mandatory two spaces" factor isn't an issue. Thanks everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users