Script Request Doom Custom Enemies 2.55

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2023 - 05:59 PM

I would like to request a pair of custom enemies to be scripted. I made the sprites for the two enemies in question and no, the stock enemy editor WILL NOT DO for what I need. Allow me to elaborate:

1. The Revenant (Doom 2 - Hell on Earth)
On the movement side of things, I think having them move something like the guards in ALTTP but slightly slower might be ideal. on the attack side of things the Revenant needs to choose between firing a non-homing missile and a homing missile when it attacks, with it a being a 50/50 chance of choosing either the homing or non-homing missile projectile and the missile needs to explode on contact with walls, enemies or Link. You will also need to ensure the Revenant has all of his sounds intact. This Video by Decino goes into deeper depth on the Revenant's Missile behavior if you want to try and be slightly more faithful.

2. The Archvile (Doom 2 - Hell on Earth)
Again on the movement side of things I think having them move something like the guards in ALTTP or having them move four directionally but smarter would be ideal.
On the attacks side of things I would suggest taking a cue from DOOM 3 and having the Archvile summons monsters (ala the summoner enemy) unless Link is in it's Line of Sight at which point the Archvile does it's LOS fire attack and allow me to go into detail on how the attack would work in ZC.

At first it would spawn a fire sprite overlayed on link that does not hurt him initially while the Archvile goes throw it's attacking animation, If Link is still in the Archvile's LOS when it's done with it's attack animation the fire will then explode and send link upwards and backwards, breaking LOS will cause the fire to disappear and the archvile to continue through it's attack animation which will be noticably slower than when that same animation is being used for summoning. The ideal strategy for Link dealing with the Archvile would be for our green clad hero to bait the Archvile into attacking him, break LOS and then rush up to the Archvile and slash him, or use a bow to damage the Archvile.

You will also need to ensure the Archvile has all of his sounds intact as well.

Something like Pain Chance would probably be a pain in the arse to code so probably have the Archvile only vulnerable when it's doing it's summoning or attacking animation. Decino also has a indepth video on the Archvile here in case anyone wants to go for a more faithful approximation of the Archvile. 

Edited by FireSeraphim, 23 October 2023 - 06:02 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Script Request, Doom, Custom Enemies, 2.55

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users