Photo

Any good stories?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aeon

Aeon

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:35 PM

I'm looking for a quest that has a good story behind it. I'm getting rather tired of quests that are all about making good dungeons. Good dungeons are fine, but when its just gone "good" dungeon after another, with the only reward being more items, better stats and more of the world to explore, it starts to get old. I want to feel like I'm accomplishing something and get absorbed into the world, but that doesn't happen with quests that are all about the dungeons.

The typical ZC quest consists of: "You must find all pieces of the triforce and save the princess."

If you look at a game like Ocarina of Time, you'll notice that the dungeons typically had some kind of plot elements behind them.

While in the beginning, your real goal is to acquire all three spiritual stones, you also must:
1. Break the curse of the deku tree.
2. Rid the Goron cave of Dodongos so that the Gorons can have their favorite rocks back.
3. Rescue princess Ruto from the belly of Lord Jabu-Jabu.

And similar plot elements in the latter part of the game.

But for most ZC games, its _just_ find the triforce pieces. Find dungeon, find triforce piece. Find dungeon, find triforce piece. No plot in between. I want some plot. Are there any decent ZC quests that have good plot elements like that?

Besides Hero of Dreams - I already played that.

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

Then you should keep a look out for my quest, actually... ''The Hylian Phoenix''
The quest is heavily story driven.
Though, it isn't really finished yet... but I'm hoping ot have this blasted demo ready soon... I only need to fix two bosses and a part of the forest you'll be walking around in...
I don't usually like to advertise... wait, I do... but my point is that... Well, it's for a good cause... I need more readers to keep up with the other members of my qpf...
read about my quest here, if you want more info:
http://www.purezc.co...o...=34720&st=0

Other than that, I suggest you try out Isle of the Winds... or Hero of Dreams... both great quests... I haven't finished them though, so I really can't tell you how the storyline is, considering I only know a part of it...

EDIT: Whoops, you allready played HoD...

Edited by Migokalle, 26 May 2008 - 02:48 PM.

#3 Brandon

Brandon

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

Lost Isle
Great story. Go play it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users