Harry Potter

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:30 AM

So yeah. I have the book in my possession. Can't wait to read it.

Last two sentances are:

The scar hadn't pained him for nineteen years. All was well.

Rumors true? You decide for yourself.

#2 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:35 AM

Oh. Hey. I have it too.

And I'm a whole PAGE into it! :O

I'mma stop typing and read it. Because I'm really anxious to see how this one goes...

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:03 AM

I'm still on book #5....

#4 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:48 AM

I'm not interested >>
People think im wierd cause I dont read harry potter O.o

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:17 AM

Be sure to read it quickly and confirm/deny the rumors. There are things that needed to be known as soon as possible.

NineLives don't read Harry Potter...? icon_eek.gif OK, I don't say anything... icon_eek.gif

#6 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

I read up to chapter five last night [or rather this morning] before I passed out and went to bed. But I can confirm one of the rumors...

[highlight]
Hedwig dies: pg56

The more I read though, [and judging from the way things are looking in the plot] the more I'm convinced that the majority of these rumors could very well be true. Let's hope that some of them aren't though... [i.e. Ron dying] I really hope this one's false T_T

Edit:: [highlight] Mad-Eye dies: pg78, Scrimgeour dies: pg159

Edited by GoldenChocobo, 21 July 2007 - 04:04 PM.

#7 Guest_Long_last_link_LLL (Guest)

Guest_Long_last_link_LLL (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

I just wait for the movies. Im not a big reader!

Read a book

Edited by Long_last_link_LLL, 21 July 2007 - 12:29 PM.

#8 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

Oh my God, I can't wait till I get the book. My sister is a huge fan of the series... In fact, when book 6 was released, she read the whole book in one day! Anyway, I keep hearing rumors that Harry and Voldemort will die in the end, but I guess that's wrong.

#9 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

Yeah. All those pictures and copy pasta from the internets were correct. I'm about 100 pages into it, and so far the rumors I heard (that were reliable... not silly ones like herminie grows a third boob or that harry admits he's gay and marries Ron once gay marriage is legalized after defeating Voldemorts anti-partnership bill using a magical filibuster). Good job whoever scanned the book early.

It's good thus far, though there are some parts that seem kinda quickly written. It doesn't really damage the overall read though, just makes you do a double take on it. Pick it up if you can icon_biggrin.gif

#10 Guest_Long_last_link_LLL (Guest)

Guest_Long_last_link_LLL (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

I hope they do! ROFL, no i dont with death apon anyone.

#11 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(EatinCake @ Jul 21 2007, 12:11 PM) View Post

Yeah. All those pictures and copy pasta from the internets were correct. I'm about 100 pages into it, and so far the rumors I heard (that were reliable... not silly ones like herminie grows a third boob or that harry admits he's gay and marries Ron once gay marriage is legalized after defeating Voldemorts anti-partnership bill using a magical filibuster).

Where did you hear those rumors? icon_blink.gif
Pretty bizarre...

And did you mean to type copy and 'pasta'? icon_xd.gif

Anyway, yeah, I'm as far as you are.
It moves a lot faster than all of the other ones. I had to slow down and reread the action scene at the end of chapter four...

#12 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:24 AM

... it sounds thrilling. I'll wait for the excitement to die down, then I'll buy my copy.

#13 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

I've skipped a few posts here, as I suspect inadvertently posted spoilers that weren't masked. icon_razz.gif

But my sister got the book last night (at a midnight release), and strangely, she hasn't read it at all today. In the meantime, I'm past page 300. icon_heh.gif It's a real page-turner. I am pretty satisfied so far.

I don't really see the need to get into an argument over whether Harry Potter is the epitome of modern literature, because I think two things are true:

1. It's fun, and
2. It's a good and worthwhile read.

I wouldn't shove it down anyone's throats, but I will say "don't knock it 'till you've tried it." It's okay if it isn't to your tastes. However, Rowling's books are many things, but "dismissible as trite" isn't one of them.

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

I finished it. I got it yesterday at about 1:00 PM. I finished it this morning at about 10:00 AM. 21 hours. And I slept for 8. It's the fastest I've gone through a Harry Potter book.

The rumors are stretched, but most of them are grounded in fact. Or, at least the ones on this site are. don't worry, though: even if you've read them, the book is by no means ruined. One thing: DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING. Or, more appropriately, EXPECT EVERYTHING. As the Ravenclaw portrait would have said: "Well worded."

EDIT: It kind of reminded me of The Dark Tower 7, by Stephen King. Except less cussing. Very similar in style, though.

Edited by Ebola Zaire, 22 July 2007 - 08:14 PM.

#15 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

Yes, I finished it too, about an hour ago [7:01 =D]. So the seventh book was read in the seventh month, and finished at seven!

But I would like to confirm that back here::this topic --
The first post holds a bunch of spoilers, which are all true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users