Some Urgent Notes about SOTW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 June 2003 - 05:12 PM

BEFORE VOTING IN SCREENSHOT OF THE WEEK OR POSTING YOUR VOTE OR WHATNOT, CHECK TO SEE IF VOTING HAS ENDED ALREADY!

Thank you.

#2 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 29 June 2003 - 08:00 PM

Please also note to submit to Praethus unless it is said otherwise.

I haven't run the last few SoTW's, but apparently, I confused people by jumping in.

There may be other times when I run it (it will be mentioned ahead of time)... but I'd like you to note that Praethus is the one who usually does it.

#3 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 29 September 2003 - 11:26 AM

Ok, for the last 2 months or so I have been noticed some things among the SOTWs. First of all, it is becoming way too personal. Remember, this is only a contest. It is not the end of the world if somebody doesn't vote for your screenshot. You are not the only person they have to choose from. And don't automatically think that your shot should win just because you think it's the best shot there. You are one among many, and this a majority rules contest. Hard to make a majority with only one. Second, I've noticed alot of people aren't giving really good reasons for their votes.

New Rule: If you are going to give a reason for your vote, make it a detailed explanation of why the shot you picked deserved to win. It should be something like "I vote for Shot X because it used a very nice arrangement of tiles." or "I didn't vote for shot Y because the colors clashed and the graphics are blocky." These are acceptable. Do not say something like this "I vote for Shot X because Shot Y is from person Z and I don't like them." This is not acceptable. If this continues, I will start making SOTW poll only and no one will be able to reply. Unless Nick has something to add this will go into effect today.

Disclaimer: I am not blaming anyone for anything, and all past violations of this rule will be ignored. It will start with SOTW 37.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users