Photo

Screenshot of the Week 35

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Guest_Banana of Doom (Guest)

Guest_Banana of Doom (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2003 - 02:05 PM

Jonathan, the ship beat you.

#17 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 03 September 2003 - 04:25 PM

OMG! petoe gets my vote no comments ^__^

#18 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 September 2003 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Sep 3 2003, 08:18 AM)
And yes, I do single out title screens, because it has no bearing on how the quest looks.

That's very true. Although, if you think about what you just said, a lot of screenshots are actually from quests that are never released, tileset showcases or specifcally made screens(for the contest).

#19 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:06 PM

I picked Jonathan, as I like his overworld tiles a lot. KCL is right though Petoe, the ship doesnt fit well with the graphics, make less outlines around it and such. Petoe would get my 2nd place vote, but if Blonde is making a ZC shooter, I definetely gotta play that.

#20 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 09:32 AM

Blonde:
That's very true. Although, if you think about what you just said, a lot of screenshots are actually from quests that are never released, tileset showcases or specifcally made screens(for the contest).

Hmm... I was just thinking... am I the only one who is showing screenshots from a game that will actually be finished soon? icon_confused.gif

PolygonX8:
Petoe, the ship doesnt fit well with the graphics, make less outlines around it and such.

Doesn't fit? icon_eyebrow.gif Well I think it fits as good as a fist in to the eye... but like I said, I will improve it. If you can find a better ship from somewhere else, then send it to me! icon_rolleyes.gif

#21 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 05:41 PM

I guess I get to be an outsider here and disagree with everyone. I voted for Blonde. I like what I'm seeing, although if I were you I'd make right confirm, not up (and if you're really feeling up to it, be able to move the cursor up or down and have right be the confirm key)

And I don't see why people are complaining about Petoe's. I think the ship looks great. Maybe if you made it a darker grey, it would look better, but the design of the ship fits into the quest well, and it just looks very good.

Jonathan's is pretty good, but I don't care much for those trees. The fading from light to dark is too perfect. It just doesn't look right to me. I do like the flowers, grass, and cliffs, though.

Phil's looks good, too. But it's not something that really WOWS me. Especially since he's using those same letters I see everywhere. If you can make some custom letters (and probably not each a tile big), then your title screen will look great.

Anyway, that's my... *StarFox checks his pocket for five cents. He only finds lint* ... uh, that's my... lint...

#22 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(StarFox @ Sep 4 2003, 06:41 PM)
Anyway, that's my... *StarFox checks his pocket for five cents.  He only finds lint*  ... uh, that's my... lint...

That... is one definite sig quote. icon_lol.gif

#23 Blonde799

Blonde799

Senior

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(StarFox @ Sep 4 2003, 05:41 PM)
I like what I'm seeing, although if I were you I'd make right confirm, not up (and if you're really feeling up to it, be able to move the cursor up or down and have right be the confirm key)

That menu is based on the current use of warps. Unless DN implements key press based warping, which would allows multiple warps to be used with the press of a button, you'll only be able to use down to select, and up to confirm, since moving link around those warps in the way you're suggesting would make the whole thing awkward. You could also scroll through the options fast by holding the down key. Cool huh?icon_smile.gif

#24 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Sep 3 2003, 04:18 AM)
Title screens... hmm...  icon_sigh.gif

Jonathan's pic is just another overworld screenshot.  icon_sigh.gif

You all would vote for my pic if you knew how much time did it take to make that ship. But I admit I still have to improve it.  icon_smile.gif
Heh. Just vote who ever you like...

Oh, and DarkFlameWolf. What does "a bit ho-hum" mean? I think it's something negative...  icon_confused.gif

Maybe true Petoe, but I still think your towns look too dull. Call someone from one of TLC's home decorating shows for help. icon_unsettled.gif

#25 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 07:15 PM

Hey Blonde, I can tell you a relatively simple way of implementing StarFox's advice. Let me know if you are interested.

#26 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 07:26 PM

I'm pretty sure it's Side Warps, Pits, and Stairs to create a 3 way warp. icon_razz.gif

#27 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:43 PM

..... AARGH!! I truly have no idea who to vote for. I really won't vote for anyone this time around. It's too.. hard... icon_freak.gif THEY ALL LOOK SO COOL! icon_cry.gif

#28 Waluigi

Waluigi

Senior

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:03 PM

....Why cant i decide anymore? I hate it when this happens...if i wouldnt have picked NULL VOTE i would have picked blondes regardless of authenticity (sp.?) Loox cool to me icon_smile.gif

#29 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:13 PM

wow this one is closer than i thought icon_eek.gif

#30 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 September 2003 - 11:13 AM

* BH4's vote balances the scales.icon_superevil.gif

Edited by BH4, 05 September 2003 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users