A Few Questions to ask regarding some 2.11 b16 features

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:42 PM

1. Is there any way for Link to hold his sword when he's charging? Here'e the problem.

IPB Image

Is there a way for Link to hold his sword while charging for Spin Attack?

2. Can I get a description on all of the 2.11 b16 scrolls? What do they do and all of that?

3. What does the Charge Ring Do?

4. How can I make arrows part of the counter subscreen?

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

1. I'm not really sure what you mean here. Sorry.

2. Here ya go:
  • Spin Attack: Link can now perform the Spin Attack. Hooray.
  • Hurricane Spin: By charging up for a longer period of time, Link performs multiple Spin Attacks. The exact number can be modified in the item editor. This does not replace the Spin Attack.
  • Cross Beams: At the end of a Spin Attack or Hurricane Spin, Link fires four sword beams in the cardinal directions.
  • Peril Beam: Link can fire swords when he has one heart left (by default). I am fairly certain that you can change how many hearts it is in the item editor.
  • Quake Hammer: By charging the hammer and then releasing, enemies in the near vicinity are damaged and/or stunned. I can't remember which.
  • Super Quake Hammer: By charging up longer, a wider radius is effected, and I believe that it does more damage. This does not replace the Quake Hammer.
3. The Charge Ring reduces the amount of time required to charge the sword for the Spin Attack and Hurricane Spin. I'm not sure if it affects the Quake Hammer and Super Quake Hammer.

4. You have to use the subscreen editor and place an arrow counter, as it is not part of the counter block. Relic has a guide for basic subscreen operations in the Quest Design Help forum.

I hope this helps!

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

Well, I'll answer number 1.

There should be, in the category of Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Link, you should be able to make a tile where Link holds the sword. Implement that in the aformentioned Link sprites category.

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

The problem though, TS, is that it doesn't work. He won't animate, even though he's supposed to be.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

Then I guess he should upgrade to a newer beta, then. icon_deformed.gif

Unlike me, who's not going to touch any of my 2.5 quests until 2.5 actually comes out. I know some of you don't have that kind of patience. icon_blah.gif (other than the SotW I'm working on in the 1337 Screenshot Thread)

#6 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Jul 3 2007, 06:46 PM) View Post
The problem though, TS, is that it doesn't work. He won't animate, even though he's supposed to be.
Has someone reported this at AGN?

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:56 PM

Dude, it hasn't been working in any of the recent builds. Another reason you shouldn't use the 2.11/2.5 betas... slashing looks retarded. Oh, but it doesn't look retarded to the developers apparently, even though it looks like Link isn't even holding the sword when he slashes with it. I mean, everyone has been complaining about this, but the developers won't do crap about it.

#8 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

You're talking about the flipped slash, right? Yeah, it looks like he's using the force to make the sword fly through the air.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 3 2007, 11:13 PM) View Post

You're talking about the flipped slash, right? Yeah, it looks like he's using the force to make the sword fly through the air.

No, just slashing in general. In any direction.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Jul 3 2007, 06:46 PM) View Post

Actually it worked perfectly. All I've asked is to find a way for Link to keep his sword holding sprite when charging for spin attack.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Jul 3 2007, 11:56 PM) View Post

Another reason you shouldn't use the 2.11/2.5 betas... slashing looks retarded. Oh, but it doesn't look retarded to the developers apparently, even though it looks like Link isn't even holding the sword when he slashes with it.

I downloaded 429 to see what it was like, and the slash appears to be fixed in that one (except forward, I think)

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

I haven't noticed anything horrible in the slashing... ever. Maybe I arrived on the ZC scene too late.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

I think it was messed up since before beta 15, which I deem to be one of the most stable versions.

I'm not sure about normal Link, but big Link's right facing slash appears about 16 pixels behind Link. icon_eek.gif

The forward one is, well, forward.

#14 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:52 PM

Slash has been messed up since the beginning of 2.11. Now, I don't have 429. but could you show a screenshot to me for proof?

IPB Image
I'll ask you... DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT TO YOU?

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:54 PM

No, but it is minor enough for me not to care. Sorry if that's a little harsh, but it really isn't that big to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users