Zelda 1 GB

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

Finally, I have finished Level1, Triforce and all, unlike my other attempts. Now I move on to overworld secrets and the Level-2 Iron Sword. Stay tuned icon_biggrin.gif.

Story
Same as first Zelda, thats too much typing for me XD.

Screenshots
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Downloads
Demo 2 (Major Bugfixes and Completed Level-1):z1 gb.exe - 2.74MB

Credits
Definitely Gashins Sun Tower Set. It goes well with my edited GB Link icon_biggrin.gif.

Edited by dlbrooks34, 24 July 2007 - 10:16 PM.

#2 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

The mountain tiles are used incorrectly and it looks terrible. I just thought that's an important thing to note and correct.

#3 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Great stuff...except for the bottom of the mountains in the second shot.

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

Considering I'm playing through Origin right now, this hardly interests me. It was a nice concept, just that you probably don't bring this to a ZC community, knowing how many remakes there are.

#5 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

Oh yeah? Play it, this one is 100% better than my other ones. And its better than doing it in ZC so I can actually have what I want without limits.

Screenshots
IPB Image

Downloads
Demo 1 (Goes up until 80% of Level-1): z1 gb.exe - 2.65MB

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:29 PM

Well, yours is on a GB engine, which means it's much smaller. ZC has some great possibilties that you probably haven't seen yet...

I'm claustraphobic when it comes to old-skool Zelda. Not to mention, it really doesn't interest, because several summers ago, LoZ was the only thing that interested me about every day. I beat it almost every day of that summer. Imagine how boring a first quest remake is to me. Origin has gotten me back into the original because it's so complex, and so different (and I have to IM Wolfie almost every day for help >_>) while with what I've seen so far is screens that look very similar. Throw some variety at me, throw in loads of mini games, and try to make the dungeons like I've never played them before.

Edited by Moonwhisper, 05 July 2007 - 08:38 PM.

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(zmaster @ Jul 5 2007, 08:26 AM) View Post

Great stuff...except for the bottom of the mountains in the second shot.

Did I ever mention how threatening your avatar is, zmaster? icon_blah.gif I agree with you... but I have to say, if that's the only fault we can find in dllbrooks34's work, then it's not bad at all. I think I'll try out its finished product, but it's honestly difficult for me to get psyched up about non ZC demos, especially when there's no guarantee of completion. icon_wink.gif

#8 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:12 PM

Am I the only person in this community that absolutely hates multi-directional-facing stalfos? >.<

#9 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

I just want to let you all know I won't be here for 2 weeks after today at 3 cause I'm going somewhere icon_biggrin.gif.

#10 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

Am I the only person in this community that absolutely hates multi-directional-facing stalfos? >.<

Probably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users