• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#46 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:05 AM

When i set up Guys in message room caves

for some reason LINK always Walks over them If i put it at >Rules >Messages disappear, only if they are still standing there.

Can you maybe make a check box that prevents Link from walking over the Guys in caves only when they are visible?

In >Backwards compatibility some time when you can, .. only later with the next ZC release?

I am having to put up tons of barriers just to stop link from walking atops them and it is very time consuming locking out

all the walkable area where this happens where the guys in caves stand at?  It's the only major problem i have.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 27 October 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#47 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:21 AM

Based on quick research, I looked in a first quest file, it seems you had to manually make the upper half solid unless your DMap is a NES Dungeon. So this has always been a thing from my understanding. This is probably to do with non-Z1 styled quests. Either just make combo'd solid NPCs or one fixed cave room with a solid upper half done manually. 

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#48 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:41 AM

Based on quick research, I looked in a first quest file, it seems you had to manually make the upper half solid unless your DMap is a NES Dungeon. So this has always been a thing from my understanding. This is probably to do with non-Z1 styled quests. Either just make combo'd solid NPCs or one fixed cave room with a solid upper half done manually. 

Sometimes i would have to have link walk behind a Guy in a room alot to get to the next screen or scene as alot of my quest is designed this way.

Problem is I can't just put 1 guy in the room staying there as a NPC,  as constantly i switch from Abei too Mermaids to Merchants to the rest. 

The Room remains empty at the bottom left Dmap square 80 for any chara to be in the center.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 27 October 2015 - 01:42 AM.

#49 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:32 AM

I'd only need it equal to what the current fire rate of shooter enemies.

Quoting again for notification purposes.

The scripted shooters are done. You'll want to put this function in the while loop of your global script. Or you could make it an FFC script if you're like me and have something against globals. After that you can set the Shooter (Fireball) enemy's weapon to None in the enemy editor and you can use the Shooting Statues screen flag like normal. Your shooter disabling sword should also kill them as normal. From testing the firing rates feel about even with the default shooters, but you can tweak the constants as you see fit.

const int NPCM_SHOTCOOLDOWN = 0; //NPC->Misc used for fireball shooter cooldown

const int FIREBALL_SHOOTER_COOLDOWN = 80; //Duration of fireball shooter cooldown in frames
const int FIREBALL_SHOOTER_CHANCE = 48; //Chance of firing every frame

void UnforgivingShooters(){
	for(int i=1; i<=Screen->NumNPCs(); i++){ //Loops through every enemy, every frame. If you have an enemy loop in your global already, you'll want to combine them
		npc n = Screen->LoadNPC(i); 
		if(n->ID==NPC_SHOOTFBALL){ //Detect the fireball shooter
			if(n->Misc[NPCM_SHOTCOOLDOWN]<=FIREBALL_SHOOTER_COOLDOWN){ //Increase the shot timer until the cooldown is over
				n->Misc[NPCM_SHOTCOOLDOWN]++;
			}
			else if(Rand(FIREBALL_SHOOTER_CHANCE)==0){ //Once the cooldown has ended, has a random chance of firing a weapon every frame
				Game->PlaySound(SFX_FIREBALL);
				eweapon fball = CreateEWeaponAt(EW_FIREBALL, n->X, n->Y);
				fball->Angular = true;
				fball->Angle = DegtoRad(Angle(n->X, n->Y, Link->X, Link->Y));
				fball->Dir = AngleDir4(Angle(n->X, n->Y, Link->X, Link->Y));
				fball->Step = 150;
				fball->UseSprite(17);
				fball->Damage = n->WeaponDamage;
				n->Misc[NPCM_SHOTCOOLDOWN] = 0;
			}
		}
	}
}

• Anarchy_Balsac likes this

#50 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:01 AM

Looks like we'll have to notify the families of those involved. Begin message: ..-...-.-...-.-.--......-.-...-. Full stop.

motivator.jpg

We get it. There are a lot of improvements, but a few things didn't work out so well for backwards compatibility. It has been gotten. The gots have been getted. Now I got to get. :P
  • Anarchy_Balsac, Russ, Moosh and 4 others like this

#51 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

now I need to relearn everything?  can we copypaste enemy data yet for easy edit enemy creation? copy past stalfosi for all needs.

Edited by LikeLike on fire, 27 October 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#52 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:47 AM

now I need to relearn everything?  can we copypaste enemy data yet for easy edit enemy creation? copy past stalfosi for all needs.

I'm pretty sure this was a thing in 2.50.1 :P

#53 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

I'm pretty sure this was a thing in 2.50.1 :P

i tried hitting the buttons someone told me to copypaste enemy editor data and it didn't work.

#54 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

i tried hitting the buttons someone told me to copypaste enemy editor data and it didn't work.

On the item and enemy lists, you can just right click an enemy or an item on the list and you can see "Copy" and "Paste".

#55 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

This is what happens when nobody bothers to post a bug report and instead adds it to an open library that relies on the bug for people to use. By the time I even came across some random post here where someone was having trouble getting it to work 2.5 was already released for 2 years. :angry:

There's certainly no chance for a quest rule though (that would be ridiculous). The only other option is to just put the bug back in where sometimes you'd need to offset it, and sometimes you don't... Not particularly good IMO. So... yeah... I don't know.

Mildly off topic, but I ran this thread through a certain webpage converter and found some absolute gold.
l3CEMBk.png
  • Gleeok likes this

#56 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:27 AM

You don't build your quests to be highly challenging either.  FWIW, I could care less for the easy mode versions of my quests, but for the normal versions, it's an unacceptable and potentially game breaking exploit, that didn't have to exist in the first place.  I wouldn't mind the option to make shooter enemies act that way, but forcing it  isn't remotely acceptable.

Sorry, I can't agree there. I look at changes like this, in this light:

if it breaks games, and makes them unplayable, it's a priority. The problem with the benevolent shooters, lies in quests that have mandatory reflect puzzles, where the player must be standing in that close proximity to the statue, in order to reflect at the designated target. That's what makes it important... Not that it makes your challenge mode very slightly easier.

I highly doubt that the average player will notice it, especially if you spam the shooters. You need to be within one tile, for it not to fire. That was indeed a thing on the NES, and may also be a thing in some later games. It may have been a thing in 1.92 as well, but I don't recall.

I also believe that it only affects statues laid down with statue shooter flags, and not any general shooting enemy. I would need to verify that, but I'm fairly confident it's true.

If it is, then a shooting enemy that ignores all weapons, except script types, and affixing a special ffc script to your weapon that destroys shooters, will allow you to use a basic enemy editor enemy.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 28 October 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#57 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:38 AM

Mildly off topic, but I ran this thread through a certain webpage converter and found some absolute gold.
l3CEMBk.png

This is amazing. You are amazing.

#58 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:11 AM

Sorry, I can't agree there. I look at changes like this, in this light:

if it breaks games, and makes them unplayable, it's a priority. The problem with the benevolent shooters, lies in quests that have mandatory reflect puzzles, where the player must be standing in that close proximity to the statue, in order to reflect at the designated target. That's what makes it important... Not that it makes your challenge mode very slightly easier.

I highly doubt that the average player will notice it, especially if you spam the shooters. You need to be within one tile, for it not to fire. That was indeed a thing on the NES, and may also be a thing in some later games. It may have been a thing in 1.92 as well, but I don't recall.

That's because you've not gotten good at working exploits.

Hookshot invincibility requires precise timing to be properly exploited.  But it works so well with practice, that quests like mine that are designed with the exploit in mine would be nigh-unbeatable if it were undone.

#59 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:18 AM

That's because you've not gotten good at working exploits.

Hookshot invincibility requires precise timing to be properly exploited.  But it works so well with practice, that quests like mine that are designed with the exploit in mine would be nigh-unbeatable if it were undone.

.. perhaps you shouldn't be using exploits if they're gonna get fixed, then :P.

• Shane likes this

#60 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:15 AM

Quick! Somebody tell me what bug to fix that makes LoH playable! :D
  • Nimono, Shane and SyrianBallaS like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users