• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#46 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(Franky @ Apr 4 2013, 02:26 PM) View Post

You shouldn't put your own work down Moosh, classic author not liking his own work as much type scenario. So far you've got some good feedback, though you're gonna wanna prevent those critical bugs!

If this is about helmasaur king, I was only calling it bad spritework by comparison. I really should have gone back and redone it. Maybe something for a future update.

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Apr 4 2013, 03:11 PM) View Post

Speaking of wallets where is the largest wallet? I need it. Anyone seen it?

You still stuck on it, Mister Snooze? Do you have the mirror shield already?

QUOTE(vravelo @ Apr 4 2013, 03:46 PM) View Post

Hello my friend snooze icon_smile.gif
about this quest ,,, good quest ??
would like to play,--------------------------------------?
-

Most people have enjoyed it so far. I'd say give it a try.

QUOTE(Twinblake @ Apr 4 2013, 04:12 PM) View Post
It's a pretty tough mini-level, but not too long. icon_smile.gif

I'm wondering if I need to rebalance the two minilevels in the dark world since the player needs to beat both to get the red ring. You say it's pretty tough; is that reasonable tough or "Moosh, you should change this" tough?

#47 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

I don't think it is tough enough for you to have to change. It just took me some getting used to so that the ghosts didn't bother me.

It was a fun gimmick. Hard at first, yeah, but I eventually got to where they almost never hit me.

#48 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'm pretty frustrated with the difficulty. I haven't done either of the two mini-dungeons and am trying to do level 6. I've been progressing okay, but feel assaulted by so much stuff it just seems chaotic. The mini-dungeons also seemed prohibitively difficult. I was hoping I needed a ring upgrade I was missing, but if I need to complete both mini-dungeons for that ... It seems like the difficulty skyrocketed after reaching the dark world, and not in a good way. So many death knights, fire and summoning wizzrobes ... in some screams I just have to swing wildly and hope stuff dies fast enough because I can't even tell what's going on. Look what you made me do. I just typed "screens" as "screams". But you know what? It's staying that way, because it reflects how I feel.

Also, those patras! They're not terribly hard, but after fighting five of them in Lv5, I'm thoroughly sick of them and they're on the overworld when I'm just trying to get around and explore. I keep scrolling right into the one near Lv8 when coming from above with no way to avoid it. Might you consider removing them or at least reducing their number?

I should also say I'm REALLY impressed with the technical stuff, the atmosphere, and Old Man Manhandla. Yes, he gets his own category. I really want to see what more you've got in store, but this is just getting too much for me. Anything I can do to make it a little easier?

#49 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(Aevin @ Apr 5 2013, 09:08 PM) View Post

I'm pretty frustrated with the difficulty. I haven't done either of the two mini-dungeons and am trying to do level 6. I've been progressing okay, but feel assaulted by so much stuff it just seems chaotic. The mini-dungeons also seemed prohibitively difficult. I was hoping I needed a ring upgrade I was missing, but if I need to complete both mini-dungeons for that ... It seems like the difficulty skyrocketed after reaching the dark world, and not in a good way. So many death knights, fire and summoning wizzrobes ... in some screams I just have to swing wildly and hope stuff dies fast enough because I can't even tell what's going on. Look what you made me do. I just typed "screens" as "screams". But you know what? It's staying that way, because it reflects how I feel.

Also, those patras! They're not terribly hard, but after fighting five of them in Lv5, I'm thoroughly sick of them and they're on the overworld when I'm just trying to get around and explore. I keep scrolling right into the one near Lv8 when coming from above with no way to avoid it. Might you consider removing them or at least reducing their number?

I should also say I'm REALLY impressed with the technical stuff, the atmosphere, and Old Man Manhandla. Yes, he gets his own category. I really want to see what more you've got in store, but this is just getting too much for me. Anything I can do to make it a little easier?

You are right about that.
my own words is up to after lvl5 this is very balanced quest but after that it (skyrocketed) to hard hm.
but i am gonna beat this one also.

Edited by judasrising, 05 April 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#50 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 4 2013, 04:13 PM) View Post

It's in a pond south of the level 2 area. You need to push a rock.

Ah, ok thanks. I didn't realize I could push rocks with no bracelet. Thanks. I managed to beat level 3 with the first sword though lol.

#51 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks TwinB for the info, got the big wallet and now the red ring, and yes Vravelo I have the mirror shield. It is getting harder. I loved the level 6 by the way.

#52 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hm, I feel like I'm missing a bunch of stuff. I'm in level five, and only have the blue candle, some bombs, and the boomerang. I have all of the other required equipment, and found the Great Fairy Sword, but I'm having trouble knowing if I should have more stuff.

I think I'm missing some items required for the ultimate challenge. Do you have to beat Level 5 in order to get to the rest of the overworld?

#53 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Anthus @ Apr 6 2013, 10:10 AM) View Post

I think I'm missing some items required for the ultimate challenge.

Given that the Ultimate Challenge can be done at the very start of the game (and must be to get the secret ending), nope, you're not missing anything you need for it.

Do you have to beat Level 5 in order to get to the rest of the overworld?

No. If level 5's too hard, you can head to the southeast corner of the overworld and use the Great Fairy's Sword to break into the Dark World and pick up some extra equipment there.

#54 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Apr 6 2013, 02:21 PM) View Post

Given that the Ultimate Challenge can be done at the very start of the game (and must be to get the secret ending), nope, you're not missing anything you need for it.
No. If level 5's too hard, you can head to the southeast corner of the overworld and use the Great Fairy's Sword to break into the Dark World and pick up some extra equipment there.

I got into the dark world now, and I am enjoying Level 5 so far. I'm going to explore as much as I can of the darkworld though, cause I just beat levels 3 and 4 back to back. It was a nice surprise to find another world.

Here's my thoughts so far:
I think this is a really solid classic quest at it's core. The dungeons flow well, and there is a real sense of accomplishment when you beat one of the awesome bosses. Now, the difficulty is a bit higher than my preference (but it's not impossible:)) but the game keeps things fresh with some new enemies here and there. So far, Level 4 is my favorite dungeon, and I usually hate water themed dungeons. I found level three to be really annoying though, but the boss was nicely done.

The scripts used all add very nice touches, and nothing feels gimmicky.

So far, I'd recommend this quest to someone looking for an above average challenge. and a classic experience with some new twists.

Nicely done, Moosh, I'm looking forward to finishing it.

#55 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Ultimate Challenge, is it just me? Haven't been able to get past the first two rooms.

Level 7 same thing, tried hard and easy mode can't get far in either.

The Grey Zone has me befuddled as well. This game may be over my head.

I haven't give up yet. Have the spirit lamp from level 7 (hard) and the key beyond it just before I got whisked away by those grrrrrrrr windrobes.

Edited by Mister Snooze, 06 April 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#56 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I found a serious bug. I started a new game and I was greeted by a giant duck that rained potions on me. I was unable to proceed onward past this point. O_o

All I did was make a new quest file and named it "Dolan".

#57 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

AWESOME!!!! icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif Is this the cheat code??? -- name Dolan to a new game and is true icon_blink.gif icon_blink.gif
-
IPB Image

QUOTE(Evan20000 @ Apr 6 2013, 04:20 PM) View Post

I found a serious bug. I started a new game and I was greeted by a giant duck that rained potions on me. I was unable to proceed onward past this point. O_o

All I did was make a new quest file and named it "Dolan".

#58 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

The Dolan as filename thing is kinda an inside joke. It's referring to a certain meme of Finnish origin. There's nothing you can do on that screen except let the Russpotions rain down upon you. That item is a reference to Light of the Heavens DX by Russ and the whole thing was hinted at in a special message string I hid in the quest just for him.

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Apr 6 2013, 01:21 PM) View Post

Ultimate Challenge, is it just me? Haven't been able to get past the first two rooms.
Ultimate challenge was not for the sane. It requires near pixel perfect timing and an overall different way of thinking from the average quest player. It's probably best to just treat it as a joke. If you want to see what's found within, try coming back with cheats after you beat the game and get the password or watch this pain filled playthrough by Eppy.

Level 7 same thing, tried hard and easy mode can't get far in either.
Level 7 easy mode requires that you use the whistle you found in Level 6 to cross the pits. I really should have hinted at this. Hard mode is also pretty crazy. I'll leave it up to you if you want to try that.

The Grey Zone has me befuddled as well. This game may be over my head.
If it's the boss at the beginning he's a real challenge, but I'm pretty sure if you could beat Level 5, you can beat this. If it's the gimmick behind the three corridors, each time you reach the end of one and trigger the thing it removes a triangle shaped rock somewhere in the dark world. These rocks are located where levels 2, 4, and 5 were in the light world.
I haven't give up yet. Have the spirit lamp from level 7 (hard) and the key beyond it just before I got whisked away by those grrrrrrrr windrobes.
That level's a real nasty one on hard mode. In the end what you can't accomplish with skill it makes you accomplish with time and patience. I think you'll enjoy the easy version a lot more when you figure out what to do. You're so close to beating this thing, it would be a real shame if you gave up now.

#59 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Apr 6 2013, 05:22 PM) View Post

Level 7
That level's a real nasty one on hard mode. In the end what you can't accomplish with skill it makes you accomplish with time and patience. I think you'll enjoy the easy version a lot more when you figure out what to do. You're so close to beating this thing, it would be a real shame if you gave up now.

I haven't given up and am in the second half of level 7 after having thought I beat the boss (oh, you are mean icon_lol.gif).

#60 durbano77

durbano77

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(Aevin @ Apr 4 2013, 02:39 AM) View Post

Now that you mention it, I've been to that shop, and my brain deleted the flippers because I didn't have the wallet at the time. Thanks for the help, I'm sure that'll solve it for me.

Where's the shop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users