Multiple characters with different dominant hands

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Bombs and arrows that don't reference any counter are easy, since both weapons can just be created via script. As for the character switcher, look at this.

The concept works fine (Custom Item 01 is the switcher in that demo). Are you sure the error isn't somewhere else, like the switch item costs MP and you don't have any?

#62 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

oh....huh,that WAS the problem. Not sure why though,the MP cost was 64 and the character starts with 3 Magic Containers, so, 96 MP

EDIT: And it appears the FFCF_Carryover on the Follower global was what was causing  the extra sprite issue. removed that, since it didn't fix what I wanted it to, anyways, all is dandy,now.

Edited by Lineas, 11 January 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#63 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

you could probably go back to having the character items as Ring class, and the switch item as Nayru's Love.  just make sure you don't have an MP requirement.

#64 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, I could.... BUT, I could ALSO take this opportunity to include defensive upgrades in the game. And I wanna use Nayru's Love for one of the songs,anyways. I just used that item, originally, because it was already set on the subscreen, so it made it easier to set the subscreen items and their positions up, and I'm not terribly concerned with forward compatibility

#65 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

Bombs and arrows that don't reference any counter are easy, since both weapons can just be created via script.

Yeah, but I had issues in the past with making the "missiles" actually work on bomb flags. If I recall correctly, it spawned a bomb with a 0 frame fuse upon collision, but it wouldn't activate bomb flags, and didn't affect bomb-weak enemies like bombs. I ended up scrapping the whole thing and just using a generic FFC trigger. Which I SUPPOSE I could do, here. But I'd prefer not to, if I can find a better way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users