Bombchus =D

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 sonlen

sonlen

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

I just downloaded build 809 like 2 minutes ago, so don't worry about it joe. icon_smile.gif

#47 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

I'd be very surprised if that demo works in 809.

#48 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

Its not. I really doubt it will work.

#49 sonlen

sonlen

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

First off, 802 is the first build that you have to have at least windows xp to use.
Second off, it doesn't I tried it on my grandmothers computer and it crashed it, then I downloaded the most recent build and exported everything, the only problem is it doesn't let you export the items, so if you can just tell me EXACTLY whatyou put on the items and what you had to edit to make them work, then it will be fine. I exported unencoded quest and quest template and it crashed the program as soon as I imported just one of them, and it did that to both of them.

Edited by sonlen, 23 December 2008 - 08:50 PM.

#50 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(sonlen @ Dec 23 2008, 08:50 PM) View Post

First off, 802 is the first build that you have to have at least windows xp to use.
Second off, it doesn't I tried it on my grandmothers computer and it crashed it, then I downloaded the most recent build and exported everything, the only problem is it doesn't let you export the items, so if you can just tell me EXACTLY whatyou put on the items and what you had to edit to make them work, then it will be fine. I exported unencoded quest and quest template and it crashed the program as soon as I imported just one of them, and it did that to both of them.

Of course its going to crash. There is no other way around a changelog. How hard is it to download 910 the most recent build? Its actually a lot stable than 802. And I believe joe already submitted that script to the database and he actually explains step by step on how to set it up. What's the problem?

#51 Elmensajero

Elmensajero

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

The problem that prevents him from being able to download a build higher than 802 is that he has Windows ME, which apparently doesn't support those builds for some reason. Therefore, he can only access the demo quest at his grandmother's house. However, the script itself should still work in builds older than 802 should't it? What other major change was there besides the lweapon step parameter that would affect this script?

#52 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Nothing, hopefully.

#53 sonlen

sonlen

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:32 AM

Don't even think about remaking that quest on an earlier version. I got a laptop for christmas with vista and I have the latest build (901 or something like that), and I am finally happy. icon_biggrin.gif

#54 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

Ah, well that's good =)
Merry Christmas!

You got the demo to work then?
It's not very interesting, after all that =P

#55 sonlen

sonlen

Junior