Functional Mirror Shield

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

I've noticed, the Mirror Shield is pointless. I would like to change that. So can anybody make a script that checks if you have the mirror shield, stand in the light, and it reflects to trigger a secret? It sounds not possible, but whatever. icon_shrug.gif

#2 Captain Magenta

Captain Magenta

Senior

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:48 AM

While it would be cool, this sounds extremely difficult to implement, even with scripting. You would need a script that would first check to see if Link possesses the Mirror Shield, which I would think would be simple enough to do. But then you would need to have that script affect a combo in some way that represents the light source which in itself would likely have to be layered, and then the combo target of the light source would need a means to detect the light source so that it could trigger whatever effect it governs. Since the Zelda games that use this principle are pushed by a much more advanced gaming engine that likely computes light sources and the effect objects have on them whereas ZC's engine is not capable of that function, I don't see how this could really be accomplished in the manner you're thinking. You might be able to pull some sort of trick using advanced combo techniques and scripting to fake the effect, but actual light reflection sounds impossible to pull off with ZC.....

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:19 AM

Nah, it's pretty easy. The shield isn't scripted after all. It's just a ffc script that does something if link has an item. You just check if Link is on the ffc then draw some fancy crap or warp him or whatever. Basically just turning the shield into another item that has to be collected like keys. More like a cutscene than a impossible graphical array.

Edited by Gleeok, 17 February 2008 - 04:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users