1 screen massacre

• Please log in to reply
1045 replies to this topic

#571 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:02 PM

Normally I like to wait until at least two claims have happened before I claim again, but I'm really bored at the moment, so [claim]

EDIT:

tx7fn7h5a1835pi4g.jpg

Kill all enemies to make a bridge appear.

Speaking of which, I added Terrorpin enemies - hit them with a hammer, they split into incapacitated ones you can actually damage (gave the incapacitated one 4HP - 4 hits from the sword, 2 from the Hammer. Might up this to 6 or something). Also, hitting it with a Super Bomb also kills it outright. If we decide to have super bombs.

Other changes:

• Hammer's power is now 2
  • Very slightly edited the screen to the right of mine so the foliage has a sensible shadow
  • Added a chest containing a small key to the Treeforce room's lower level - it's inaccessible from above anyway.
  • Edited my previous screen to make sure you can't skip most of Underlit Cavern after you get the Shortshot:

2acipk4q1cchzua4g.jpg

Stepping on the switch brings up a hookshot grab beside the cacti.

http://www.mediafire...m2-s7C.qst/file

Edited by klop422, 24 August 2018 - 07:51 PM.

• Anthus and Formidable like this

#572 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:50 AM

Normally I like to wait until at least two claims have happened before I claim again, but I'm really bored at the moment, so [claim]

Similarly, I try not to continue my own screens, but...

[CLAIM/DONE]:

1sm-lut-m23-s0b.png

Quest: https://drive.google...I9zQ2eCSGj8NaBy

Magic container in place.

Also, I finally realized what that extra blue swatch in CSet 8 is - the blue padding when you open the treasure chest.

Not addressed in this build, but worth addressing: now that the entryway on Overworld 2C has been converted into a locked door, the exit on Caverns 2C should also be some kind of lock block, and both screens should have locked state carry-over between each other so that opening the door from either side opens it as a singular locked object. This is similar to how the bombable entrance on Overworld/Caverns 0D already works - bomb either side, and they both clear.

And really, this needs to be consistent across the caverns, or else we'll be having people enter/exit different places only to end up in front of a blocked off/locked up wall that they already opened from the other side. I'm not sure how to do it with the locks, which is why I refrained from sticking a lock block on 2C, but we should decide a method soon, bearing in mind that lock blocks don't actually show the lock icon in the cave palette due to its blacked out primary swatches.

#573 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

My excuse this time is just to keep some momentum going.

[claim]

EDIT:

sdj2h313cd2b5m34g.jpg

Item is the key. You have to go up to the top to get a platform (a big plant) to appear.

In the screen underneath, it's currently possible to reach the top-right platform using a baba bud (bypassing the hammer pound in the screen to the right of it). Not sure if this is intended, but I'm pointing it out.

http://www.mediafire...m2-s5E.qst/file

Edited by klop422, 29 August 2018 - 06:21 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#574 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:43 PM

That could probably stay as is. That hammer peg in question is just a shortcut to be opened once you have the hammer (Which when I made that screen, the hammer was going to be above it, presumably reachable from the north.) I want to claim, but I have to wake up early. Maybe tomorrow night.

#575 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

I mentioned this on Discord (here's a link to the server, since we don't have one on this page yet), but I thought it'd be important enough to put here as well - with my last screen, I've accidentally almost written us into a corner as far as level 2 goes. Pretty much every path requires the hammer to do (except getting the key on my screen, although that one was by accident because I didn't realise you could jump to the platform on the right in the screen underneath).

Basically, screen 6C (between the terrorpins and the minimentus transformation) pretty much has to be progress which doesn't require the hammer - whether that means having the player walk all the way around, just having a warp (which we could dress up in some kind of forest), or some other method. Otherwise we're pretty much stuck.

To be fair, we can solve it some other ways - Anthus suggested removing one of the pegs on his screen, or we could remove the terrorpins from my one, etc. etc. but I feel like it's not entirely in the spirit of the project to change old screens if there is another option.

Anyway, I thought I'd have to mention that at some point.

• Anthus likes this

#576 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:10 PM

[Claim]

#577 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

[Quest File]

1fngpJm.png

Here is the (an?) entrance for Frigid Fortress in Peppermint Peaks.

I didn't make any other changes, except setting the correct subscreen type on the new d-maps.

• Shane, Deedee and Lüt like this

#578 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:19 AM

Pffft.

Who needs all that fancy decoration when you can have plain simplicity?!

[CLAIM/DONE]:

1sm-lut-m23-s1a.png

Quest: https://drive.google...owtCe-WT0AIfW8z

Caverns are on a roll.

Note that 2 screens below this one is the entrance from overworld 3A. I'm thinking that path might head upward and to the left from this screen.

But who knows :freak:

• Anthus and Shane like this

#579 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:59 AM

[CLAIM]

#580 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:56 AM

zelda056.png
Map 2 Screen 6C

Serving to gate the player off from exploring too far afield before collecting the first key and as a connector screen, this screen is fairly basic in scope and structure.

Quest File

Additions/Changes:

• Yellow Baba Buds are now in as a feature. They appear as blockades or hiding items. When the player activates a secret trigger they disappear or reveal whatever they are hiding. Just place them down on Layer 1 like you would normal combos and attach secret flags to them.
  • Screen 2D has had slight changes to reflect this.
  • Screen 5D's chest has been removed. It has no reason to be there when there is a chest with a Small Key on the screen above.

Edited by Orithan, 03 September 2018 - 07:57 AM.

• Lüt likes this

#581 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:58 AM

[CLAIM]

#582 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

DONE:

1sm-lut-m23-s0a.png

Quest: https://drive.google...gfjO64-KmKIS_jv

A wand secret in the tree. What could the special item be? :awesome:

(Seriously, I have no idea.)

Also:

* Added rain sound FX to Misery Ruins screen 7D.

* Fixed Snow Mountain DMap to "use caves" and "special rooms and guys are only in caves"

#583 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

[Claim]

#584 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

[claim]!

EDIT: Ninja'd! I'll get the next one, though :P

Edited by klop422, 03 September 2018 - 11:05 AM.

#585 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

[Quest file]

HtYWJlZ.png

One more screen for the Level 2 sword trial. Just a simple enemy gauntlet.

I made some minor tweaks to the conveyor/ hookshot screen below. Link won't fall into a pit if it is from a downward conveyor, so it was tweaked to remove that. I may nerf the top part if people find the timing window too small.

• Lüt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users