Photo

Best/Worst Final Fantasy Game

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: FINAL FANTASY MANIA!!

Best Final Fantasy Game

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Worst Final Fantasy Game

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:22 PM

Seeing that Symphonia owned Baten Kaitos badly, the next topic is Best and the Worst Final Fantasy game.

For me, best VI, worst V

::TYPO:: the first VI is suppoed to be IV.

Edited by Trimaster001, 03 June 2007 - 04:23 PM.

#2 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:46 PM

Best, VI or III or I or II or VII. I'd say III.
Worst, Tactics for the psx, but you left it off the list so I'll say x-2...but you left it off too...

Edited by Sir Pimpalot, 03 June 2007 - 04:47 PM.

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:58 PM

I'm not voting because I haven't played most of them. My favorite is Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls, which is a remake of 1 and 2. It's hard to decide which I like better, but I guess I'd have to say FF2.

#4 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

Being a Nintendo gamer, I never played any game above 6, so I couldn't vote properly either. I would've chosen 6 as the best, but if I picked a least favorite out of the FF games I've played, well... I honestly don't have a least favorite, anyway.

#5 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

Final Fantasy VII has to be the prime of the Final Fantasy series. It gets a perfect 10 in all categories from me.

The worst...Christ, now this one is a tough one. It's possible that it's a tie between Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy 5. The class system and how they worked was not fun to do and it was annoying trying to get them perfect and everything. At least with FF5 on the Game Boy Advance, it was awesome once you got the Gladiator class. But these games were also boring to try and figure out what to do next, since some stuff wasn't self explanitory.

#6 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:22 PM

What?
I LOVE FINAL FANTASY THREE
I LOVE IT!
BEST GAME

Though I voted for FF 7, no one here likes FF 7?????

wow....

#7 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

FF2 was my least favorite. The whole 'level up stats/skills you use in battle' idea sounds good in theory, but is horrible in practice.

#8 Tatsudoshi

Tatsudoshi

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

Out of the ones I've played (I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and XII), Final Fantasy VI (with XII being a close second) seems to by my favorite out of all of them, while Final Fantasy VIII is my least favorite.

Best Final Fantasy:
First of all, I like Final Fantasy VI because it's story isn't as cliche as other games. Sure, you know who the bad guys are from the start, but Kefka, who took the backseat for most of the first half of the game, [spoilers] actually manages to obtain his goal of becoming a god and ruling the world,[end spoilers] unlike many other villians. Plus, he wasn't all "look at me, I'm a badass." Instead, he was an insane, flamboyant-looking clown. And we all know clowns can be scary. icon_razz.gif

The characters were also likeable as well. There was no true "main character" (although, Terra is probably the closest). Instead, most of the characters tied in equally to the story, with the exception of some (Gau, Mog, Umaro, Gogo). None of the characters became pitufully emo, nor could they be classified as "prettyboys".

Worst Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy VIII is my least favorite. Not because of the Junction or magic system (although I didn't like the magic), but because there are almost no likeable characters, and the story is basic highschool drama (minus the evil sorceresses).

Characters is where the game mostly went wrong. Squall is the epitome of an emokid. When asked a question, his usual response is "... Whatever." That's not a lone wolf personality, it's an annoying one. For the first half of the game, Squall acts as if he's the only person in the world who has problems. Then for the second half, he's whining about Rinoa.

The rest of the characters aren't much better, save for Irvine. But he doesn't even play much of a role in the story.

As for the story, it's you're basic highschool drama like I said earlier. Think about it. Loner kid (Squall) and his school friends (Zell and Selphie at Garden) are constantly picked on by a bully (Seifer). Teacher (Quistis) shows sympathy, but bully continues. A new girl (Rinoa) shows up, and loner kid falls head over heels for her. Meanwhile, bully starts hanging out with more questionable people (Edea/Ultmecia). The rest of the story then revolves around the loner trying to get with the new girl and take care of the bullies.

I can go on about why I didn't like FFVIII, but those are the two main points. Now that I think about it, most of the games that had characters designed by Nomura (FFVII, VIII, X, KHI and II) I disliked. Maybe it's because many of his character designs turn out to be overly pitiful, or are blantant yaoi-bait (aka prettyboys).

Edited by Tatsudoshi, 03 June 2007 - 06:58 PM.

#9 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 3 2007, 07:26 PM)  
FF2 was my least favorite. The whole 'level up stats/skills you use in battle' idea sounds good in theory, but is horrible in practice.

Unless you attack yourself of course...*suicidal* icon_cool.gif

#10 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

My favorite is the newest one, FFXII.
I'm in love with Balthier >,< But that's only one reason. I love the graphics and the real-time game play. The bosses are pretty sweet, and the ending didn't disappoint me at all. In fact, I loved the storyline altogether.

The worst has to be FFX-2 >__>
I can't believed I paid money for that. It was just horrible! All of the mini-games... You couldn't get the good ending unless you played it a hundred percent, and the bosses in the final area are just way too hard. I haven't even finished it yet, because my characters were dangerously under leveled by the time I got to the end, and that's because just walking around during the story wasn't enough to level up like it is in most other games. So I have no motivation to go finish it.

#11 VelairWight

VelairWight

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

The favorite of mine is definitely Final Fantasy III for the NES/DS. The remake is just epic in graphics and gameplay.

While my least favorite, don't yell at me, but I could never get into Final Fantasy VII. I don't know why, but it didn't appeal to me.

#12 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(NineLives @ Jun 3 2007, 05:22 PM)  

Though I voted for FF 7, no one here likes FF 7?????

wow....

I just said that FFVII (7) is the cream of the crop in my post. Please tell me you know your roman numerals.

#13 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

Yes I know roman numerals.
the things is.
when I posted, NOT MUCH IS VOTED FOR FF7

Dude, I don't read posts after the first post until I really want to.

#14 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

The Original. It's really the only one that provides me with a real challenge.

My least favorite is probably V. It sucks. Just plain so. It's very linear, easy, and the job system is a pain in the ass.

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:16 AM

I would say Final Fantasy V is the worst of all Final Fantasy games. It's like a crappier version of Final Fantasy I.

* Job System Sucks because it's a chore leveling up.
* The characters suck especially on the PS1 version where Leena looked like a man and Krile looked like she was wearing a swinsuit.
* The storyline is the linear of all storylines. Oh no the evil ExDeath is coming!!! What should I do?
* THe sound track made my ears bleed.

Final Fantasy VI is probablythe best of all
* Great Characters
* Nice magic System
* Unique Abilites
* Everyone hates Gau
* Great Story
* Amazing Soundtrack
* Shocking Final Boss
* Lengthy

The Runner Up is probably Final Fantasy IV
* Another Great Story
* Great Characters
* Everyone loves Cecil and Rydia
* Second Best Soundtrack
* Coming Soon on the DS

Edited by Trimaster001, 04 June 2007 - 07:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users