Photo

CG Rendered Zelda Animation

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

Dark Sage

Ignore the name a sec. - this is a brilliant 3D animated short, like a tidied up version of some of the OoT cutscenes.

The thing is, I only found out that this is online today when I looked up Zelda on Google Video. However, I saw it last Monday, before it was on the internet, as (small world) the guy who made this sits next to me at work.

However I can honestly say that if I wasn't biased I'd still think it was the best fan-made animation on the net.

Edited by jimbob, 28 May 2007 - 05:35 PM.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, that's friggin sweet, dude, except for the flaw all fan-made CG Zelda movies have: nobody can make a good-looking Link. icon_rolleyes.gif

#3 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:05 PM

I got goosebumps from this video.... The ONLY other Zelda thing to have given me goosebumps is in one of the TP trailers where Link is riding straight into King Bulblin on the bridge (towards the very end).

This is a rare (and phenomenal) thing indeed..... I feel like talking in Olde English now.....

#4 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

what is CG anyway?

#5 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

I'm betting it means "Computer Generated"? Maybe I misunderstood your question.

#6 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

I'm thinking it was a program x.x

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

That's cool. The exterior of the Temple of Light looks really nice.

#8 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:39 AM

I just watched this and I liked it.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:31 AM

Anything said about this was EXTREMELY underexaggerated. James, please tell your friend that I think he's absolutely brilliant.

This will be in my mind for the next few hours, I'm pretty sure. I mean I cannot even tell you how many ZC-related things just popped into my head just now.

#10 stpdjrk99

stpdjrk99

Enemy of the internet

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

that was concentrated badass unconcentrated into the coolest thing ever.

Edited by stpdjrk99, 30 May 2007 - 12:47 AM.

#11 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:54 PM

I'm speechless. This is easily one of the most awesome things that I have ever seen on the internet, right up there with ZC and Cave Story.

Just...wow.

#12 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:29 PM

However I can honestly say that if I wasn't biased I'd still think it was the best fan-made animation on the net.

I have to cast my vote for The Light of Courage 3. icon_kawaii.gif

#13 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:05 AM

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Like Noir said, anything I say would be an underexaggeration. Words really can't describe how beautifully that was done. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#14 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:35 PM

Cheers guys. I'll be sure to pass all the praise on to Jack. He's been doing this on-and-off for about 2 years after he finished university.

I work for a company that produces CAD software, for kitchens/bathrooms. So if you think that's good, you should see his toilets! icon_lol.gif

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

The quality downgrade is always evident when you see fanmade stuff, mainly because they don't have the equipment or the manpower that a professional studio has, but for a single fan to have created this is very impressive. icon_smile.gif That would be a great addition to any CG artist's portfolio. I really liked how consistent it all was with the Zelda series -- you can see references to TP, OoT, and LTTP throughout the animation.

So, he's aiming to make this into a multi-part fan movie?... Hmm, he may be in over his head. But even so, if this were all he ever finished, it'd be enough to be proud of. I hope he sticks with his purely visual style and the OCRemix music. That would make it quite excellent.

By the way, CG stands for either "Computer Graphics" or "Computer Generated" depending on the context.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users