Favorite Sci-fi TV show?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

What's your favorite Sci-fi TV show? As for me, it's definately Doctor Who... Even though it's British. icon_sweat.gif I sometimes watch Star Trek too.

#2 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

Stargate SG-1. It's the only TV series I'm interested in, and it is really awesome.
I am very much behind American viewers but seems like RDA left after season 8 and it is a dang shame. I can't wait to get my hands on SG Atlantis (the spinoff series) DVD box.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

My favorite Sci-fi series of all time is Firefly. I was always diappointed that it never made it past one season. Not your typical sci-fi, and probably more entertaining and more realistic (if that is possible) in comparison with the others. A close second for me would be Star Trek: The Next Generation.

#4 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ May 22 2007, 07:49 PM) View Post

What's your favorite Sci-fi TV show? As for me, it's definately Doctor Who... Even though it's British. icon_sweat.gif I sometimes watch Star Trek too.

I would have to say the same there Beta Link! IPB Image
Doctor who is the best sci fi, have you ever seen the original from back in the sixties I think, it was on the bbc.
I wish I had this> IPB Image
here is a pic from the original
IPB Image

#5 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

Star Trek: Voyager

#6 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

No one will ever guess mine.

#7 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

I'll take a wild guess at Stargate SG1.

#8 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

I haven't seen it for a long time, but Sliders is, and will always be, my absolute favourite icon_razz.gif .

#9 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(Zemious @ May 23 2007, 07:22 PM) View Post
I'll take a wild guess at Stargate SG1.
It's uncanny!

#10 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:12 PM

I can't say that I've ever seen any sci-fi tv shows. I find it difficult to get interested in any sort of fiction so I don't really watch that kind of stuff.

#11 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

@ ennonfenom: Yeah, I've seen the originals. That old guy is the Doctor, the girl on the far right is Susan, the Doctors grand daughter, on the left is Ian, one of Susans school teachers, and then between the Doctor and Susan is another one of Susans school teachers. (I don't remember her name)

My dad has recordings of reruns of the originals, so that's how I'm able to watch them.

I wish I had this> IPB Image

Yeah, tell me about it. icon_razz.gif

The Tardis is supposeed to disguise itself wherever it goes, but the chameleon circuit or something was damaged, leaving it in the shape of a British Police Box.

Anyway, I keep hearing that Stargate SG-1 is good. But I don't even know what it's about. icon_razz.gif Oh yeah, when I said I sometimes watch Star Trek, I was talking about Star Trek: Enterprise, even though it hasn't been on in a while.

#12 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ May 23 2007, 08:28 PM) View Post

@ ennonfenom: Yeah, I've seen the originals. That old guy is the Doctor, the girl on the far right is Susan, the Doctors grand daughter, on the left is Ian, one of Susans school teachers, and then between the Doctor and Susan is another one of Susans school teachers. (I don't remember her name)

My dad has recordings of reruns of the originals, so that's how I'm able to watch them.
Yeah, tell me about it. icon_razz.gif

The Tardis is supposeed to disguise itself wherever it goes, but the chameleon circuit or something was damaged, leaving it in the shape of a British Police Box.
Anyway, I keep hearing that Stargate SG-1 is good. But I don't even know what it's about. icon_razz.gif Oh yeah, when I said I sometimes watch Star Trek, I was talking about Star Trek: Enterprise, even though it hasn't been on in a while.

Actually Star Trek: Enterprise has been on a lot lately were I'm at! SG-1 is a good show too, its about A big cirlce thing that links between worm whole or something and the go all over the place. The movie SG-1 was way better than the show, if you ever get a chance to watch the star gate SG-1 movie do it, its superb!

#13 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

I'd say Red Dwarf. Particularly the first 4 serieseses where they didn't rely on in-jokes and cheap shtick.

I'm not usually fussed about sci-fi, especially not in terms of the sciencey side of things. I prefer "entertaining things in space". I forgot about Sliders, but that was awesome. I also liked STTNG (Patrick Stewart FTW!) and the first series of FarScape, and of course, 8/10th of Stargate SG-1.

Dammit Te'alc
Indeed

#14 The_Amaster

The_Amaster

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

Red Dwarf yes! Once Rimmer left, it kinda went downhill, but it's still one of the best Sci-Fi series' out there.

Dr. Who is also good, and I love to watch Next Generation as well.

Edited by The_Amaster, 28 May 2007 - 05:42 PM.

#15 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

Stargate SG-1. My most favorite episode is the Time Loop episode. O' Neal and Tealc or however his name is spelled go crazy because of the Time Loop happening over and over again. Oh and I also loved Sliders!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users