The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#16 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

I totally swiped made an account on youtube called "ZeldaSpiritTracks." [/advertising]

Anyways...

I'm hoping that this game will have a forest. That's one thing that I really missed in PH. A forest.

#17 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

icon_cry.gif

Of all the things they could have done... It had to be PH with a bloody freaking train, didn't it!? I think I can fairly say I'm extremely disappointed in Nintendo and Miyamoto. "Lampshade of No Real Significance", anyone?

Well, the gameplay had better make up for this ridiculous excuse for a story.

Edited by Beta Link, 25 March 2009 - 08:58 PM.

#18 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

I think I'll just be happy if the game actually has MUSIC- you know, unlike Phantom Hourglass.

#19 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

icon_eek.gif Link traveling on a train with Weird clothes WtF, they just replace the boat for a train, one cant still run or fell free around a overworld? well..this time the map looks like Kanto Region from pokemon icon_unsettled.gif
the same PH gameplay, some new weapons, and a epic "first boss"
Im gonna try to buy this, If is zelda must be OK....maybe..

#20 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

Well... anyone remember the first PH Trailer aired? It had a lot of things that didn't look as good as when PH actually did come out. So, hey, if the overworld looks like it sucks... remember that it might just be a beta to show how it works, or something, same as how the original PH trailer showed how the boat worked.

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Mar 25 2009, 07:25 PM) View Post

I think I'll just be happy if the game actually has MUSIC- you know, unlike Phantom Hourglass.

Hey, PH had music. Just not much of it. Okay, most of it was garbage, but some (like the boss music, ghost ship, lineback, etc.) were good.

Anyways, I'm going to go with Prospekt and hope that map is just a demo or something. Surely they won't keep Link on the train for the whole overworld.

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Mar 25 2009, 05:59 PM) View Post

This sucks. No roaming around Hyrule...

I can't believe it. This is SO lame. I was really hoping there would be a FREE ROAMING overworld. It would be so awesome to just run around Hyrule Field. Well, I guess that's out of the picture. And did anyone see the map? The tracks were all over the place! wtf!

I at least hope there are free roaming side areas that are better then the cruddy PH islands.

Yeah, cause that would be SOOO NEW! -.-

No, you know, we know NOTHING about this, other than that Link has a job.
I think this is going to be good.

PH was a good game, and if you don't wanna realize that, that's okay.
Sure, it was NOT the best Zelda game in any way, but I enjoyed every single part of it... more than I ever did with Z1.

The game was new and unique, which is what Zeldas have always been. Arguing about how stupid a new consept are, is just annoying.

See, when I where younger, I had some awesome Zelda play throughs. The likes of AlttP and Ocartina of time is what I played. That gave me the proper Zelda feeling, cause it was the first time I played the games. Last summer, when my little sister got herself PH, she was really happy with it, and she seemed to get the very same feeling I got years ago, EVEN though it was PH.

Nintendo is targeting another aduience right now, and we're gonna have to live with that. If you don't enjoy a game, trade it in.
I know I'll buy it either way. I know Nintendo can make me have fun with another Zelda, one more time.
I KNOW they can. Thank you and goodbye...

#23 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:43 AM

On the one hand, I always insist that Zelda loses something when it doesn't have a free-roaming on-foot overworld with fields and mountains... so I'm really glad to see that Nintendo hasn't insisted on keeping Toon Link waterbound for the rest of his existence. By default I consider the Zelda franchise to be a field-and-stream fantasy sort of series.

...On the other hand, Link on a train looks really... really... really corny. Furthermore, I don't see a train as a vehicle for exploration and adventure. It's a linear vehicle that can't leave the tracks. (I fully expect Nintendo to circumvent this with magically appearing train tracks, given the game's title, but it's still kinda lame.)

Anyway, I've been a good boy and given the cartoon Link franchise a fair try so far. I quite enjoyed Wind Waker but didn't finish my second play through since the extras weren't at all interesting. I got a big kick out of Minish Cap, but it didn't have enough depth to warrant a replay since everything boiled down to the same game mechanic (Kinstones). Phantom Hourglass was entertaining, but felt even more watered down and far less refined, and by the time I finished the game, the novelty of the DS stylus implementation had worn off.

There was a time when I didn't play handheld Zelda games, and this time around I may return to that modus operandi.

#24 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

This video I made sums up my feelings for the game.

#25 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE(Bengal @ Mar 25 2009, 08:42 PM) View Post

It would be nice to see a Zelda game that actually had effort put into it, yes. The recent games have all been about gimmicks, even if the gimmick itself is the fact that it's a new Zelda. After the Oracle games came out, there has not been a single Zelda game that I really cared for (and I really could not stand Wind Waker; chores do not a good game make.) Go ahead and earn your money off of this, Nintendo, but you won't be getting any from me. At least Metroid is still in good hands. I hope Retro creates something even better than Prime 3 next.

*mourns the loss of the Zelda series*

I agree. Stuff like this is why I stick to classic games. icon_shrug.gif

#26 4matsy

4matsy

SHE WILL WAKE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF NO. 3 CHEESEFORCE

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

lol, did anyone else immediately think "giant enemy crab, flip it over and attack its weak point for massive damage" when they saw the boss fight? icon_razz.gif

#27 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

Don't care about your negative comments ....

A NEW ZELDA!!!!!!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
icon_heh.gif

#28 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

Sweetness I can't wait.

#29 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

When a new Zelda (or anything) comes out, some people wave in happyness, others are doing a FACEPALM. Now I do a FACEPALM.

"Link... coming with train! ...to bring a letter to Zelda. Oh how lame, nothing like LttP, no, no, no, NO!"

Really looks like a new PH. I want a non-handheld Zelda. If it's not retro, be it like OoT (not like TP) and if it's indeed retro (Mega Man 9, anyone?) then be it like LttP (but not like FSA).

#30 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

It would be cool if Nintendo went back and made retro remakes or brand new games of their top titles, such as Zelda. Maybe Mario, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, and a few others. The concept is already a win in most people's minds especially with Mega Man 9. So yeah basically I want an oldschool top down kick butt adventuring Zelda game. Gimme gimme gimme!!!! icon_mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users