• Please log in to reply
2278 replies to this topic

#31 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:12 PM

Well, there you go.

It's most useful when getting out of the way of attacks, or even into attacks. I.e. it's a speedy way of moving about the platform. Samus can hang off the ledge, press down to release herself off the platform, INSTANTLY jump and shoot a smash-missile forward, wavedash back onto the surface from the air, and outrace the missile to the other end using her wavedashes. Can't do that while walking.

You can wavedash out of the way of a smash attack and wavedash back in with your own smash, as you can indeed smash while moving after the wavedash.

You can wavedash out of the way of a Link Downthrust, rather than rolling, and be in the perfect position to Smash attack him while he gets his sword out of the ground, yeah?

#32 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, gotta love them wavedashes. icon_cool.gif

Though I usually don't have a hard time rolling around opponents. Eventually, while I keep rolling back and forth, they do something stupid (like try a smash attack) and I smash back. icon_superevil.gif

#33 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

Yeah... although useful, I don't think that the wavedash is as essential as you make it seem, ShadowTiger. It's good for quickly moving and changing direction, but I prefer arial combat. I try to get someone off the stage, then I can use Marth's dair to spike then down. I've been using him for about a year now, so I "tip" really well. Instant KO on almost everyone... Kirby and Jigger can sometimes recover, but only if they have a lot of space to do so. Or I could pull a Ken and just chaingrab into oblivion. icon_razz.gif Only bad thing about Marth is that he's not good when teamed up on, so during the Classic team stages, I have to spam counter to retain lives...

Plus, his smash is AWESOME.

Edited by Ebola Zaire, 07 June 2007 - 12:37 PM.

#34 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

If you make sure the opponent touches the tip. icon_razz.gif

I've yet to hear of anybody who's successfully used Roy's fully charged B button attack, which generates an instant KO, against a worthy human opponent. Though people have gotten lucky with Ganondorf's Warlock Punch. icon_superevil.gif

#35 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:10 PM

I've seen the Flare Blade done, but only once, when I saw someone break their own shield. It pretty much puts you out of comission for enough time to get a beatdown. And Ganondork will never hit me with Warlock Punch, but his side-B (whatsitcalled attack) and up-B (???) combo has annoyed me since I unlocked him.

#36 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 7 2007, 01:35 PM) View Post
Yeah... although useful, I don't think that the wavedash is as essential as you make it seem, ShadowTiger.
Depends on the situation. icon_shrug.gif Of course, that answer can and will be given quite often. You need it when you need it, is all. It just happens that the pros use it more than often since they've mastered it completely and know exactly when and where to use it.
It's good for quickly moving and changing direction, but I prefer arial combat.
Me too. I'm in the air far more often than I'm off the ground. You get hit harder when you're in the air, sure, (If you're on the ground, about to be hit, just hold in Down on the control stick and you're far harder to throw off; it's why I usually follow death-inducing Smashes with a charged chargebeam attack or smash missile.)
I try to get someone off the stage, then I can use Marth's dair to spike then down.
Works wonderfully to edge-hog. You just tap jump, and you're in business. icon_razz.gif
I've been using him for about a year now, so I "tip" really well. Instant KO on almost everyone... Kirby and Jigger can sometimes recover, but only if they have a lot of space to do so.
And if they meteor-cancel. ... Gotta master that.
Or I could pull a Ken and just chaingrab into oblivion. icon_razz.gif
LOL HATED That! XD I think you can get out of it eventually by just jumping out of it at the last second. Hard to do as fox though, far easier as Samus.
Only bad thing about Marth is that he's not good when teamed up on, so during the Classic team stages, I have to spam counter to retain lives...
I tend to use his forward/up/down non-smash attacks when I've got lots of people around me. Up+A slash tends to work fairly well, I suppose, especially when Link.

Plus, his smash is AWESOME.
Quite. icon_blah.gif

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 7 2007, 01:40 PM) View Post
If you make sure the opponent touches the tip. icon_razz.gif
It's only hard when they up+B into it in the hopes that you'll hit them again so they can Up+B again themselves, if they're not already close enough to the platform to snag it, leaving you out of luck. icon_razz.gif

I've yet to hear of anybody who's successfully used Roy's fully charged B button attack, which generates an instant KO, against a worthy human opponent. Though people have gotten lucky with Ganondorf's Warlock Punch. icon_superevil.gif
Easy enough to Jump+R away from it at the last second. Rather cruel too. O.o'

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 7 2007, 03:10 PM) View Post
I've seen the Flare Blade done, but only once, when I saw someone break their own shield. It pretty much puts you out of comission for enough time to get a beatdown. And Ganondork will never hit me with Warlock Punch, but his side-B (whatsitcalled attack) and up-B (???) combo has annoyed me since I unlocked him.
Ugh. XD Ditto. I am so oddly susceptible to Falcon or GDorf's Up+B. It's the strangest thing...

#37 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 7 2007, 02:37 PM) View Post

If you're on the ground, about to be hit, just hold in Down on the control stick and you're far harder to throw off.

Gotta love crouch cancelling. icon_razz.gif

#38 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

Half of it is the product of button-mashing against a real Pro. icon_blah.gif Seriously. The QC Anime Club has some badass players in it. Most of them have played Wess. My Samus is therefore somewhat less effective against them. My only boon is to play erratically. @ @.

#39 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 7 2007, 03:50 PM) View Post

Half of it is the product of button-mashing against a real Pro. icon_blah.gif Seriously. The QC Anime Club has some badass players in it. Most of them have played Wess. My Samus is therefore somewhat less effective against them. My only boon is to play erratically. @ @.

Wess? You mean Ness? I'm pretty sure that's what you were trying to say... anyway, I really don't have anyone besides my siblings to play, so I'm probably less than skilled... just be thankful that you have someone better than you in a five mile radius!

#40 Krion

Krion

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

The SSB Website has just undwergone some major changes. They have a lot more information, and some pics that aren't from the movie. Here's a link.

#41 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

Nooted VERY much. I'm actually gonna add that link to my first post!

#42 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 7 2007, 04:57 PM) View Post
Wess? You mean Ness? I'm pretty sure that's what you were trying to say...

Oh really? icon_razz.gif

anyway, I really don't have anyone besides my siblings to play, so I'm probably less than skilled... just be thankful that you have someone better than you in a five mile
My sister sucks terribly, relative to the people I can play. The only really good chances I get to play against people who don't kill themselves are at the College's Anime Club. I get to face some really, really amazing Captain Falcons, the best Mario player I've ever seen, and the ultimate Marth Master.

QUOTE(Krion)
The SSB Website has just undwergone some major changes. They have a lot more information, and some pics that aren't from the movie. Here's a link.
Nothing has changed since the link I posted before.

#43 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

I ALWAYS use Link. I consider myself pretty decent, and try to use strategy rather than blind smash attacks. I am currently trying to master (as much as possible) the "Have a bomb out so if you get sent flying, you still have a chance to get back via the bomb hurting you and giving you an extra jump"

#44 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 7 2007, 05:21 PM) View Post

ZOMG!
QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 7 2007, 05:21 PM) View Post

Nothing has changed since the link I posted before.

You posted a link? icon_eyebrow.gif

#45 Krion

Krion

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 7 2007, 06:57 PM) View Post

ZOMG!

You posted a link? icon_eyebrow.gif

I don't recall this either. Maybe you were hallucinating?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users