Photo

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest (*-*Completed*-*)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:28 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard]

q373s1.png

Genre: Dungeon Romper.

Released in 2016 (Originally in 2013) to the PureZC Database.

Designed by Moosh.

Description:

This is the new update of Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest which was originally released in 2013. Apparently Moosh can't take criticism and was butt hurt by Lunaria's negative review that he simply had to rework his entire quest and make it more danger free. Trust me, this quest is Straw Man approved for the most part. This update takes itself so seriously that it even takes inspiration from TRIFORCE's overworld tileset now and has since been unintentionally getting credit for creating the the damn tileset... Thanks Moosh! :P

Despite not being the original creator of the tileset, Moosh however proved his skills with Zquest and even made a better looking overworld with the tileset than I could possibly imagine. He surely exceeded my expectations and have probably made the best looking quest using this tileset. It's stunning really, and I'm almost envious! Great job, Moosh! Now this description is starting to sound like a review!

Most of the dungeons remain unchanged outside of a few balance tweaks and a few more custom enemies. Most of the dungeon changes will get really noticeable when you reach the underworld where some dungeons are completely redone or even simply replaced altogether. Also, if you're afraid the nerfing may have affected the quest in a negative way, Moosh promises a few challenges, and even a superboss (I'm pretty sure a superboss existing is not a spoiler now) that's probably even harder than anything that's been in this quest before. Sounds pretty exciting if you ask me.

Stream & LP Information:

I will be streaming this quest on Hard Mode exclusively while playing the new Updated version. I doubt I'll be visiting Legacy mode, but it's a possibility in the near future. I usually stream once a week, and this falls on either Friday night or Saturday night at 8:30pm or 9pm EST. All Lets Plays of past streams will be uploaded in this topic, starting today. I announce all streams in my main topic, so keep an eye out for them there. I'm currently 70% through the game, so if you're just tuning in now, you've surely missed some, but the most exciting stuff is yet to come. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 26 June 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:47 AM

Now I'll be able to catch up on the streams I missed :D

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:08 AM

default.jpg
(Duration 24:40)

Description:

NJF: Is that a burn on me?! Haha! Is that ah.. Because I ah.. made a map for ah.. Are you referring to me here?! Hahaha! (9:06)
Moosh64: That's a reference to you, yup. :P (9:34)
NJF: Ah, that's wonderful! Yeah! In the level Moosh's ways I drew up a whole map for it. (9:35)

NJF: Okay, Miss entitled!! Just because there's a door there, you don't need to know what's in it! It's none of your business!! It doesn't have be your business. You don't have to make it your business!! (14:45)

In the prologue, Link explains the details of a difficult week he's been having. He and his girlfriend was zapped into a portal into a parallel world where money was scarce. Zelda was kidnapped by parallel world Ganon. To save her, Link had to do a long quest to get his hookshot by getting all the world's money. Zelda god kidnapped again by an evil being named Poek. So Link beat him up and saved Zelda, and she got kidnapped again. Link got knocked unconscious, and when he woke up, he found himself in another parallel universe. 

Here, he spoke to an old man who explained that the only way to save Zelda was to collect 7 moral compasses and defeat sin. This all before he stole Link's end game gear and ran off with them.

Link now meets another stranger who explains that the old man always does this, and Link's stuff is probably already lost by now. He invites Link to his village here he reveals his name to be Satan, which is pronounced Suh-tan. Satan provides Link a new sword so he can start his new adventure. 

After speaking to a few villagers in the village, Link heads to the Shifting Ruins. These ruins are filled with mean traps. Here, Link discovers an old man named Manhandalaha is helping people through dungeons giving advice using tablets. He will be helping Link in his quest from now on, unless some unfortunate circumstance ever to happen to him. After defeating an Aquamentus, Link obtains his first moral compass. 

Credit:
myWizards @ deviantart.com for title image.
Moosh @ PureZC for sharing his Zelda Classic quest.
Lunaria for hurting Moosh's feelings... lol

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (02 - Dangerfree Dungeon)

default.jpg

(Duration 16:09)

Description:

"Oh I sure did get butthurt." - Moosh64 @ 1:18

"Hey door can you please FUCK OFF!!" - NJF @ 7:32

arceusplayer11: This is (15:09)
arceusplayer11: PROBLEMATIC (15:11)

Link explodes a hole into a wall to find a secret dungeon owned by Samual Strawman. He's very passionate against any form of difficulty and has designed his entire dungeon around making the dungeon crawling experience for Link as easy as possible. In this dungeon. Link cannot die from damage. Shutters move when kindly asked. A problematic rating score is added to each room to ensure it is not too difficult. Everything seems to go smooth and comfortable in this strange place. Even a Gleeok is permanently terminated for violating the rules of the dungeon. It would appear as if nothing could possibly go wrong until the very end where something, a boss seems to breach the dungeon and breaks it's rules. This boss creature defeats Link, ruining Samual's dream dungeon. 

Credit:
Moosh @ purezc.net for sharing his Zelda Classic quest.

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (03 - L2 Bramble Hole)

default.jpg

(Duration 25:51)

Description:

"he dont know the contra code, lol" - oldschoolgamerjim @ 2:27

"Probably the thumbnails that look nothing like the quest :P" - Moosh64 @ 8:07

"Mayor of the world is my Twitter handle" - LejesR @ 8:30

After leaving Dangerfree Dungeon to fend off it's intruder on their own. Link heads to Konami Grove where a location called the Bramble Hole contains his next moral compass. Bramble Hole is a dungeon full of bombable walls, said by Manhandalaha to have been left there by the boss out of greed.  Despite this, Link is able to find the boss and defeat it, obtaining his 2nd moral compass.

Credit:

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (04 - Getting the Guided Sword)

default.jpg

(Duration 23:34)

Description:

"I should have just lifted all of the triforce's dungeons and stuck em somewhere random in this quest file" - Moosh64 @ 15:17

Link now has two moral compasses. Determined to get the 3rd compass, Link is forced to backtrack and search the world for the guilded sword that Manhandalaha suggests he seek out before challenging the Tower of Athena. 

Credit:

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:56 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (05 - L3 Tower of Athena)

default.jpg

(Duration 23:01)

Description:

"Imagine being tied to a chair, like some kind of.. You know like, for example like an interrogation type of thing. The government got you tied up to a chair, interrigating you for, well I dunno, terrorism or whatever, and they put on this song and you listen to it for 3 days straight.. Would you crack?! Would you crack?!?! Would you tell them everything they need to know?!?! Because I know I would!!!! " - NJF @ 10:00

Link enters the Tower of Athena now with his guilded sword and blue ring. This tower has several floors Link must climb to reach the top. Fortunately Link obtains a boomerang which he will use to aid him to defeat Pokey, Deadly Sin of Sloth. This earns him his next moral compass.

Credit:
byWizards @ deviantart.com for title image.

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:02 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (06 - L4 Bitter Tears Temple part 1)

default.jpg

(Duration 24:37)

Description:

After collecting the moral compass in the Tower of Athena, Link heads south to take on the Bitter Tears Temple, a temple he previously visited by felt not ready for. Before exploring the Bitter Tears Temple however, he must obtain an item within Lifted Cavern which he will need to get the treasures within the Bitter Tears Temple. Link is able to get the spring boots, and explore the majority of the Bitter Tears Temple before buying the flippers. These will allow him to access the lower chambers of the temple.

Credit:

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (07 - L4 Bitter Tears Temple part 2)

default.jpg

(Duration 22:12)

Description:

Now with both the flippers and the ability to breath under water, Link explores the darker submerged chambers of Bitter Tears Temple. The aquatic beasts here are a little more aggressive than the ones above the water. Link must transport between bubbles however for he is only able to breath for so long before needing more oxygen, because I guess Link hasn't heard of holding his breath. Link eventually fights Trinexx, the sin of wrath to obtain his 4th moral compass.

Credit:
byWizards @ deviantart.com

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 16 April 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (08 - L5 Pissy Patra Crypt part 1)

default.jpg

(Duration 22:44)

Description:

"snow next to the desert" - Bluefoxicy @ 6:05

""Sometimes patience is key" Let me guess, I'm gonna get a key, inn't I.. I'm gonna get a key!!! Cause sometimes patience is KEY!!! How did I know I was gonna get a key because Moosh's fuckin' humorI!" - NJF @ 21:15

Link now has 4 moral compasses. Now with the ability to swim, Link access the desert area to the world of Quest. Here, Link finds the Pissy Patra Crypt. 

Credit:

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (09 - L5 Pissy Patra Crypt part 2)

default.jpg?v=5718d1b3

(Duration 31:47)

Description:

"Moosh's reaction was something equivalent to "WHAT IN HELL'S NAME DID YOU DOOOOO!?!?!?!?"" - arceusplayer11 @ 25:37

After earning a new hammer at the Pissy Patra Crypt, Link heads to the chamber of the Megahelm, deadly sin of envy. This creature turns out to be the toughest sin Link has faced yet. However, Link preservers and defeats Megahelm and collects another moral compass. 

Credit:

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:13 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (10 - Hall of Wizardry)

default.jpg?v=571b90c4

(Duration 20:17)

Description:

Link now has 5 moral compasses. However, his path is being blocked by a mysterious magic barrier in Snowver World. Link's quest takes him to the Hall of Wizardry, a mysterious place full of Wizzrobes. Deep within, Link finds a new sword called the Great Fairy Sword. This sword is the key to breaking the barrier. Behind the barrier Link finds the Ancients' Stair. What lies below these mysterious ruined stairway?

Credit:
Moosh @ purezc.net for sharing their Zelda Classic quest.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 25 April 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:28 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (11 - Discovering the World Below)

default.jpg?v=571e4497

(Duration 23:31)

Description:

"scrambleban: switches the order of every single word in their sentences" - Moosh64 @ 11:17

"from deep within the cave, you can hear a voice whispering "haaaaaammeeeeer, use the hammer NJF..."" - Moosh64 @ 18:35

After descending the Ancients' Stairway, he discovers the world below where more dangers await Link. Here he explores the Firefields and the Grinding Chasm. He continues his journey through the world below until he eventually discovers the Tablet Factory.

Credit:
Moosh64 @ purezc.net for sharing his Zelda Classic quest.

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (12 - L6 Tablet Factory part 1)

default.jpg?v=5720cc30

(Duration 25:07)

Description:

"Manhandalahalahala Factory" - Dimentio @ 1:02

LejesR: ZC is such a good program. (11:00)
Moosh64: ZC is 100% bug free (11:00)

"It's like you're called a bubble! No you're not a bubble!!! You're a fuckin' skull wrapped in fire!! Jeeze, give you a fuckin' motorcycle and call ya Nicolas Cage!!" - NJF @ 17:32

""For the love of God, why?!?! Like, was this the purpose of my life?!?! Just to be flattin' by a thing, is this why I was trapped here for the past 700 years?!?! To be flattened by a tablet?!?! Why Moosh!!! Why would you do that to me?!?!" That's what the Darknut says!" - NJF @ 23:08

"Remember how NJF was calling this enemy pathetic before?" - Moosh64 @ 24:09

Link enters the Tablet Factory to learn from old man Manhandalaha that this used to be the supplier of his old tablets before he went with a competing company. Manhandalaha tells Link there is an item in the factory that Link can use to control the machinery. The item turns out to be the flute which controls the cranes which can grab and carry tablets and even Link himself to allow him to access new rooms and areas. Link pursues through the Factory looking for his next moral compass.

Credit:

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:32 AM

NJF Plays Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest [Update/Hard] (13 - L6 Tablet Factory part 2)

default.jpg?v=57236fc6

(Duration 22:47)

Description:

"Doch nfuckit neno dududunedudu neh..." - NJF @ 0:26

"QUIVER ME TIMBERS" - arceusplayer11 @ 22:09

"So wait.. I get to keep his teeth?!?! Like I don't... I don't have the gracious sense in me to say "Here! You can have em'"??? I take em' back with me?! What the fuck do I want his teeth for?!?! Like ah.. Luh!! Why?!?! He's like lookin' at me.. He's like lookin' at me as I'm walking out the door like "fuckin' cunt" or "MMmmmmmMMmMmmm" because he can't talk!" - NJF @ 16:35

Link continues to push his way through the Tablet Factory. The enemies here appear tougher than the enemies Link has faced before and he's forced to leave momentarily to find better armor. Fortunately, Link returns with the red mail to try and tackle his way through further.

Credit:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users