Photo

How do you solve possible life disasters?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Your life decisions

Where would you go if yor life went completely downhill?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:42 AM

So, if your life went totally disastrous, where would you go? Imagine that your favourite things/places/etc. are close to being closed/sued/etc. while you have family problems and disastrous school/college/workplace happenings, and... *starts crying*
It's not a simple "What if..." question, you also can tell about already happened anti-disaster solutions.

For example, I had a deep discussion (which almost turned into a religious debate) with one of my teachers. He told me about how downhill his life was, he was thinking about suicide, but then he went into a church, became religious and *insert long christian speech here*.
I met/heard other persons with disastrous memories as well. Every of them chose one of the first eight poll solutions in some form (for example there were one who went into not a christian church, but rather to a krisna thing, etc.). Of course, there are some persons whos chose the ninth poll option, so they can't speak up here. Finally, there are some persons whos claimed that they never lived below the average emotional/economical/etc. line.

I'm for the 8th option. How about you? Or somebody you know(/knew)?
Any comments, questions, suggestions?
By the way, I think these options fully cover an extremely totally extremely desperate person's most common choices.

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:47 AM

I don't think anybody could truly know that their life will never go downhill. But for any of those choices, the one I find to be what I resort to is going to my favorite place. I have one side of my family that is generally very caring and I could always go back to them during times of trouble, confusion, or doubt. We look out for each other.

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

It's not easy... I mean, if somebody you know dies, you have to understand that you can never see that person again, and it can take a while to get over that pain. I'm sure each and every one of us here has put up with that pain... I have, multiple times. And it could happen to me in a couple of years, again. And it would be my best friend who dies.

#4 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

Well, being through Katrina (yes, everybody hears me refer to it several million times a month, I know. But it is one of my biggest learning experiences), I have sometimes felt that I did something wrong, so I would pray a lot for forgiveness and, most of the time, a second chance. Well, later on through, I felt that Katrina was not a judgment on my life. Rather, it was a trial. After about 8-9 months of recovering from the hurricane, I felt stronger than ever (and my room is also nicer than ever, as well. icon_biggrin.gif ). My mom would often say that out of the entire family going through post-Katrina, I handled it best. In fact, this thread reminds me of another story.

Contains Biblical reference. Do not highlight if you do not wish to read it: The book of Job can be every man's inspiration when it comes to disasters. Job had his house taken away, his wealth, his children, and even his health. His friends and even his wife didn't help, either. They wanted him to do away with his faith in God. Yet, he still was faithful to God, and He blessed him with twice what he had before (sounds like my Katrina moment, but on a much milder scale (big emphasis on "milder", as in "my Katrina moment was paradise compared to Job's situation")). END REFERENCE.

So, what did I do sometimes during my disaster? I didn't go to a church. In fact, my family had a conflict with the last church we went to, so I stopped going, altogether, until recently. I went to my favorite spot: my bedroom, yet nothing but an empty space with walls and a floor (though, not yet carpeted), and prayed. I prayed a lot. I prayed for strength. I prayed for forgiveness. I prayed for many things. And just before I left the house to go back into the trailer, I cried on my mom's shoulder. I cried for my room. I cried for peace. I felt happy that I cried. It made me feel good again. It's amazing how tears washed away the stress I had at the time. I am very thankful that I cried. It was just what I needed.

#5 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

I believe that trials in our lives are for us to be stronger. I don't believe that Katrina or 9/11 was God's wrath on anyone...I can't. I can't judge situations like that because, well, I'm not God. icon_wink.gif So I would turn to the Lord, definately, as I have in times past. His way always seems to work things out.

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

Heh heh... evolvement...

I vote for that one! icon_deformed.gif

#7 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

I didn't choose anything but can tell you this when things can't get worse then there is only one way left .......things get better again icon_smile.gif
We all get those moments in life

#8 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:36 AM

Look for love, preferablly spiritual or mental. Having people around when I'm down always seems to help, and to know there is someone there with would be greatly helpful as a subsititue for other, more dangerous indulgences. If that fails though, I'd probably look toward a better future and work my hardest in any way possible to get back to a average level.

#9 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:19 AM

I wonder who said he/she would just die. I would have also expected that some will claim that he/she will never get so down. I should have thought that the religious part will be such strong, but I never imagined that the virtuous part will get the same votes. What I absolutely didn't expect is that nobody wanted to run to a lawyer. Not like it would be a sensible solution, except against the katrina-hurricane and such not-human-crime things (however, there were people whos were so stupid that sued hurricanes and such unliving things...). I once knew a forum board (it doesn't exist now, thank goodness) where most of the people would have choosen to be criminal. I'm happy that Nature and Wizardry got votes, too. I knew that there will be at least one who votes Construction.

It's good to know that so many people has security backup plans to get out from desperate disasters. And Elise... you are an optimist! icon_deformed.gif icon_biggrin.gif

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:37 AM

Well, since late last year, I was depressed. (Because of my finical problem, dropping out of school because of it, losing my best friend, MBW ending, family troubles, etc. etc.) I was depressed, but I always thought that even though things are crappy right now, they will get better. You have to believe in that, or you will just be sucked into the crappy now.

I stuck to things that I do for fun, play video games, go to the gym, make videos, and just having fun. I didn't want to vote as there is a lot of things that I would vote on, on the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users