Photo

Not many Australians on PureZC...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Australians and PureZC

Do we need more Australians?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 13 2007, 01:47 PM) View Post

I voted "no" by the way. We don't need any more Australians. For a country that small there are actually a pretty good number of them here.

Australia is a big country. icon_sweat.gif
Maybe you mistaken Austria? Just because it's small.

(Notice that there are hardly any places on the net without Australians?)

#17 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:43 PM

I voted no because I don't think communities need more of different cultures. Australia's pretty big though I thought...

Edited by Joe123, 13 June 2007 - 12:44 PM.

#18 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Majora's Wrath @ Jun 13 2007, 09:44 PM) View Post

I always thought Taco was the only Australian.

No, NoeL is also Australian, but he always posts in the ZC Threads.

And btw, Australia is the biggest island continent in the world, and I think we're on the list behind Europe, Asia, North and South America and Antartica. I forget.

#19 Antilochos

Antilochos

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Jun 13 2007, 03:59 PM) View Post

No, NoeL is also Australian, but he always posts in the ZC Threads.

And btw, Australia is the biggest island continent in the world, and I think we're on the list behind Europe, Asia, North and South America and Antartica. I forget.

Australia is the biggest island country in the world, you mean? It's the only country that is it's own continent, too.

But I don't know about biggest island continent. Either you've mixed continent and country up, or you're saying we're bigger than the only other island continent, antarctica. Which isn't saying a lot. It's mostly floating ice.

#20 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(Antilochos @ Jun 13 2007, 04:41 AM) View Post

I heard Australians all drink beer and herd kangaroos and wrestle crocs all day, and there's no internet because it's too hot all the time and they don't have electricity anyway.

So I voted no.

You're my hero. (btw Hobart sucks icon_deformed.gif)

Well, if we're bigger than Antarctica then we ARE the biggest island continent, and since Australia is referred to as the biggest island in the world I guess we must be.

I used to think "Surely the Africa/Europe/Asia land mass is the biggest island" but then I found out that an island isn't just a body of land surrounded by water, it also has to be smaller than a continent icon_wink.gif So it can't really be that Australia can be both an island AND a continent... but we ARE! That just shows how damn cool we are icon_cool.gif

"Australians all let us rejoice..."

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, Antarctica is larger than both Australia and Europe... I guess we do suck after all icon_frown.gif unless the article included the surrounding ice, and the actual rock is smaller than us... I don't know, I'm not a cobbler.

Now excuse me, a croc is trying to get at my pet kangaroo *grabs his machete and akubra (it's a type of hat... made out of rabbit skin)*

Edited by NoeL, 14 June 2007 - 12:38 AM.

#21 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:45 AM

I say we need more Australians here on PZC. We also need more people from BC like me icon_heh.gif

....we could also use about 5 more heroin addicts too!!

#22 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:48 AM

BC SUCKS!!!!1 JFUC FTW!! LAWLZ!!!1

mmm... spammy.

Heroin addicts don't own computers, and are far too mellow to make a zelda quest.

#23 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:09 AM

We need more from those nations whiches are nulled yet, plus we need more Hungarians. Seriously. One active member and one inactive member is not enough. A global advertising is what we need.
Slovakia, Slovenie, Malta, Italy, Spain, Egypt... Maybe there should be a jungle scientist who lives in Quatemala and has a computer and internet and does ZC sometime.

Come on, the more colourful, the better! Just imagine DS... 10 different languages in one thread...

#24 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:54 AM

I don't care if we need more or not. Australians act just like any other people I meet online, so it doesn't really matter to me. icon_wink.gif
Besides, by the time another Australian has joined another 1000 americans will have also joined. You'll still be unbalanced. icon_frown.gif

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jun 13 2007, 08:32 AM) View Post

Australia is a big country. icon_sweat.gif
Maybe you mistaken Austria? Just because it's small.

OH NOES THE HUNGARIANS ARE TALKING ABOUT AUSTRIA! THEY MUST BE GONNA JOIN FORCES!:O
TO THE WW1 FIGHTER JETTAMABOBS!!! *doesn't know how to fly a plane* *crashes in a ditch*
icon_wacky.gif

#25 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Jun 14 2007, 02:59 PM) View Post

You're my hero. (btw Hobart sucks icon_deformed.gif)

Agreed! Actually, I hate Sydney more. I've been there. Scary place.

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jun 13 2007, 10:02 PM) View Post

You make a point. I have noticed on this guitar forum i don't usually go on has its own forum for Australian bands. That's nice.

#26 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:05 AM

I am an american.

#27 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:15 AM

I don't think that we need more Australians, though it would be nice if there were. Hell, Zelda/Nintendo etc has had almost no popularity here in Britain over the past few years, and we have more brits than one would expect (myself, Billy Ronald, Andrew, Jimbob, Spantac, Joe123, Link1, and I'm sure there's more.), so really there should be more Australians here, as far as trends in use of the internet go.

#28 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:39 PM

Just remember Limzo. The Australians came from England wayy back in 1776, right?

That's the end of the history lssson for that.
Also, I don't understand what you just said. Can you please speak in English next time?

#29 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

Well, more Australians use the internets than Brits do (due to the size of Australia's population), and more Australians are fans of Nintendo/Zelda et cetera than Brits (though this has nothing to do with the size of Australia, this is simply a popularity issue), so as far as internet trends go, it would be expected that there are more Australians here on PZC, however, that is not the case. Don't worry, the number is sure to grow larger. icon_wink.gif

#30 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Jun 14 2007, 02:39 PM) View Post

Just remember Limzo. The Australians came from England wayy back in 1776, right?
That's the end of the history lssson for that.
Also, I don't understand what you just said. Can you please speak in English next time?

yeah it was England's penal colony so we don't need no more criminals here! nope they will steal our quest and claim them as there own! <J/K!!!!!!
naw if more come then they come if they don't then they don't! I think we need more Japanese here, so they can revolutionize zc!

Edited by ennonfenom, 16 June 2007 - 03:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users