• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:30 AM

Well, I wasn't on for a long time yesterday because I had fellow band members of The Supremacy over. The weirdest part is that we already have a manager (My mother icon_eek.gif - family business?) and she says that we may have a gig in July sometime. I'm rapt, and so are the other two members who turned up. (The rhythm guitarist couldn't make it.)

One problem is songs. We already have one song made and are currently practicing a cover (Roll With It - Oasis; if you've been to the purevolume site you would have noticed.). The manager said that we need four songs if we are to get anywhere. I'm also writing one song - some of those others i had earlier just don't sound right.
The problem is lack of experience. I'm the most experienced one there (four years) and the second most experienced is the rhythm guitarist. Damn.

So, what cover should we do? We're choosing between:
- Coffee And TV by Blur
- Another Brick in The Wall (Part II) by Pink Floyd
- TNT by AC/DC (The rhythm guitarist can play this - icon_thumbsup.gif)
- Time of Your Life by Green Day (The drummer suggested this one)

So, help me out. Or you can suggest your own.

#2 Antilochos

Antilochos

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:25 AM

maybe Strutter by Kiss?

Or maybe if that's too advanced, Basket Case by Greenday? You can find a tutorial on youtube fairly easily going over how to play it. The guitar section is a series of about four or five powerchords played with palm muting - simple, right? And it'll earn you more kudos than Good Riddance, which nobody wants to hear after it was everyone's graduation song ever since it was released.

#3 attaxofdoom

attaxofdoom

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

You should do the crawling towards the sun by hush sound.

#4 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

Play "Song 2" by Blur. Only Blur song I ever liked.

#5 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Antilochos @ Jun 10 2007, 10:55 PM) View Post

Or maybe if that's too advanced, Basket Case by Greenday? You can find a tutorial on youtube fairly easily going over how to play it. The guitar section is a series of about four or five powerchords played with palm muting - simple, right? And it'll earn you more kudos than Good Riddance, which nobody wants to hear after it was everyone's graduation song ever since it was released.

You make a point about Good Riddance Antilochos. Now that I recall, i think the drummer wanted to do Wake Me Up When September Ends. Scary. I must have a bad memory.

#6 Light_Warrior

Light_Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Jun 10 2007, 04:30 PM) View Post

So, what cover should we do? We're choosing between:
- Coffee And TV by Blur
- Another Brick in The Wall (Part II) by Pink Floyd
- TNT by AC/DC (The rhythm guitarist can play this - icon_thumbsup.gif)
- Time of Your Life by Green Day (The drummer suggested this one)

So, help me out. Or you can suggest your own.

I would suggest those TNT, basically because AC/DC always gets the crowds going (and its a pretty popular song), and also, Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit. An easy enough song if you get all of the parts working right. I'm in a mock-band at school, and we had it almost perfect with a guitar, bass and drums... The only really hard part is remember which parts go where. icon_razz.gif . Good luck with the gig.

#7 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:54 AM

I'm also considering Song 2 by Blur, suggested by Evan the Great, who, by his name, is great. But don't ask me. I'm just the guitarist/vocalist/bass player guy. also the frontman. TNT or Song 2 seems to be swinging my way.

Also, i made this really awesome riff earlier and I am rapt. Once I can start recording with the guys again I feel we can kick some butt. Another song, perhaps?

And can anyone say whether or not it was a good idea to play Roll With It by Oasis? In particular, anyone that's heard the recording? icon_shrug.gif

#8 Light_Warrior

Light_Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:31 AM

Can't help you there sorry. The songs we are currently learning are rather difficult for a small band.. (we have about 8 guitarist for one of these songs) But yeh. Guitaring is good. I get to play bass ^_^. Its great to see you guys write your own stuff. I should start listening to it..

#9 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:45 AM

What do you mean.. listening to it? icon_eek.gif That sounds like a conspiracy.

Anyway, I must continue writing songs. Otherwise I could have a drumstick in my head by week's end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users