Have you ever died in a dream?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

All I remember is a dream about a car accident. We were all in the car dead. I could see myself and my parents lifeless bodies. Then I woke up scared.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

I died many, many times. At least I got slashed into pieces and such, but lived after it. So, I became "undead". I mean, even after being slashed into two, I continued to live with little to no pain. Once a helicopter's propellers totally cut my lungs, but I didn't feel pain... I felt excitement towards the afterlife. And continued to live with slashed lungs. I died many times in my dreams, but never could really die. Figures...

#3 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

Wow that's interesting. Makes me think of fighting zombies in Old Haven.

#4 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:21 PM

I die in nearly every dream I have. Usually falling off cliffs or killed by some sort of monstrosity.

#5 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:29 PM

Ah, Exate. If you're falling off cliffs a lot, or at least the last thing you feel before you wake up is a sensation of falling, then you were probably sleeping in a position that was getting in the way of your breathing or nervous canals at the time. I'm not some mad person who believes that all dreams mean things that will happen (as it is quite the reverse), but many people do have the sensation of falling just before they wake up.

I think I have the same thing as CastChaos: If something happens in a dream that should have killed me, and hasn't woken me up, I don't ever feel pain, but just very annoyed that the thing happened.

#6 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(jimbob @ May 30 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post

Ah, Exate. If you're falling off cliffs a lot, or at least the last thing you feel before you wake up is a sensation of falling, then you were probably sleeping in a position that was getting in the way of your breathing or nervous canals at the time. I'm not some mad person who believes that all dreams mean things that will happen (as it is quite the reverse), but many people do have the sensation of falling just before they wake up.

I think I have the same thing as CastChaos: If something happens in a dream that should have killed me, and hasn't woken me up, I don't ever feel pain, but just very annoyed that the thing happened.

This is a reminder for me to elaborate more in my posts. =P

There are actions that lead to me being killed, but I wake up pretty much a whole second before I actually die. That's a good interpretation, though.

#7 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

I die in lots of dreams I have - I must hate myself or something.

Usually, they involve cats or chickens, or sometimes cars. But usually cats. I did have this one about a chicken killing me by sqawking when I was ten, and it still is stuck inside my head. AARGH!

Its funny like that. You always remember good dreams and bad dreams. icon_eek.gif

#8 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(jimbob @ May 30 2007, 08:29 PM) View Post

The falling sensation comes from when we lived in trees. It was a reflex to stop us from falling off a branch when we woke up.

I dream I die a lot, but sometimes it's worse than others. I dreamt I got my throat slit by an (ex) friend once, (untrustworthy!!?), and I dreamt I got shot by a terrorist. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyways, dreams kinda mean stuff, but it's like your brain thinking for you while you sleep, not some mmorpg prophecy.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:23 PM

I once got sucked into a very tall brown ratty couch by a rotten apple. D: ... It SUCKED, No pun intended.

I was also being chased by the undead once. They tapped me on my shoulder, and I somehow acquired the property of being "Dead," so I just turned around, started moaning, put out my arms, and followed them. Eh. icon_blah.gif

#10 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

I never ever die in my dreams, as far as I know. I got ran over by 3 big rigs in the same dream, but I never died

#11 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

I never die in my dreams! Bwah hah o_O

Sometimes I end up killing other people though...
And then strive to hide the evidence.
I always wake up before I get caught though.
Which is probably a good thing.

#12 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:22 PM

Oh yeah I had lots of falling dreams. Falling down into a big downtown street? I could see myself falling from the sky and there were cars below me. It was like a slow motion dream. I can't remember if I died in this one because I'd wake up right as I hit the ground or something and then I feel like I'm floating above my bed and then WHAM I feel like I was slammed down hard onto my bed. It's scary! icon_eek.gif

#13 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

I remember one time when I went to the back room of my Grandma's house, and R2-D2 and Darth Vader were there, and R2 shot my heart with a laser.... I didn't really feel anythin, though. When I asked my mom about it (still in the dream) she said that my heart was on the other side of my body, so I'd be fine...

Another time, I was about to be killed by hobgoblin-esque creatures, but I realized that I was dreaming before they killed me... have you ever had that sensation before, when you knew that you were dreaming? It was really cool... basically, I just started hitting them with a stick and they didn't do anything.

So, yeah.

#14 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

I'd say I die all the time in my dreams, but really, it only happens about as often as I experience nightmares, which really isn't all that often to begin with. Still, when it does happen, it's usually incredibly uncomfortable and sudden, and I just as suddenly sort of wake up all at once afterwards...

#15 The_Amaster

The_Amaster

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

The closest I've come is when I dreamed I was in Super Mairo Bros. and when I got to Bowser he "killed" me, but I started over at the beginning of the stage again.

It was a wierd dream....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users