Subway subs.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

I seem to remember seeing a thread like this either here, or at AGN a while back. Basically, this thread is for sharing your subway creations icon_biggrin.gif

Today, I went completely out of what I normally order. I usually stick to the Italian sub variations, or Tuna; mostly cold stuff. Well today I ordered a Steak and Cheese toasted, on Monterrey Cheddar, and added bacon, ordered provolone, and shredded cheddar. For veggies I got Lettuce, Tomato, Black Olives, Spinach, and Jalapenos. I got mustard, and mayonnaise too. It is pretty tasty icon_biggrin.gif

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

I think we did have a Subway thread here not that long ago, but eh, what the heck.

I never really go out of the ordinary on subs; I just pic something off the five-dollar menu to save cash, and customize it that way. Even then I usually go for the same thing each time: Lettuce, onion, banana pepper, and jalapeƱo. That's really it for me.

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

I don't eat s***ty sandwiches. I get my sandwiches where the employees actually care.

#4 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Jan 7 2012, 03:16 PM) View Post
I don't eat s***ty sandwiches. I get my sandwiches where the employees actually care.
Oh, then you must go to Subway all the time icon_awesome.gif that or the Subways in your town are lame or something. Every Subway I've ever been to has had exceptional service and high-quality food.

My favorite is the Spicy Italian on Monterrey Cheddar bread, with lettuce, banana peppers, honey mustard, a bit of mayo, and pepperjack cheese. Delicious.

Edited by DavidReinold, 07 January 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#5 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Subway? Sorry pal, Quizno's is much better icon_razz.gif

(althogh I did like the meatball sub I had)

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

I view Subway as McDonald's- I wouldn't go there unless I was starving to death, and even then, I might continue crawling to somewhere else anyway. Anywhere else, particularly Quiznos, Jimmy John's, or Firehouse Subs; is like going to the Olive Garden- it might be a bit more expensive, but I'll actually enjoy my meal. Or another analogy, Subway is an RC Cola.

And yeah, my experiences with Subway are that the employees act like they have the worst job ever, or are entirely imbeciles and have no idea what comes on a sandwich. Or they just can't speak English. And considering the last sandwich I ever had from there wasn't made with any care, of course I'm gonna call their food s***.

#7 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Jan 7 2012, 03:44 PM) View Post

And yeah, my experiences with Subway are that the employees act like they have the worst job ever, or are entirely imbeciles and have no idea what comes on a sandwich. Or they just can't speak English. And considering the last sandwich I ever had from there wasn't made with any care, of course I'm gonna call their food s***.

It's a horrible job.
Their food is good though. Just because a sandwich isn't Made With LoveĀ© doesn't mean it can't be tasty. Maybe you're just a bad customer?

#8 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Jan 7 2012, 03:44 PM) View Post
I view Subway as McDonald's- I wouldn't go there unless I was starving to death, and even then, I might continue crawling to somewhere else anyway. Anywhere else, particularly Quiznos, Jimmy John's, or Firehouse Subs; is like going to the Olive Garden- it might be a bit more expensive, but I'll actually enjoy my meal. Or another analogy, Subway is an RC Cola.

Wow, in Minnesota it's the exact opposite: the Quiznos here suck, and we don't even have Firehouse. I don't know why, but here, our Subways are spectacular. Even the employees are nice. Comparing a Minnesota Subway to a McDonalds would be giving McDonalds WAY more credit than they deserve, and I'd still be selling Subway short.

So there are places where Subway isn't amazing...this is an interesting discovery, and I'm going to have to make note of this. I'm never gonna take a Minnesota Subway for granted ever again.

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

I think making anything with "love" or whatever the hell you call it does make the difference. If you at least care enough to get something done right, it does go the extra mile. If I made a quest without giving a single damn, it probably wouldn't do so well; but if I made one that I put effort into because I cared about what the player wanted, it'd probably do better than that one.

And am I a bad customer? I can't exactly prove that to you, but I've never treated anyone who works in the food industry like s*** unless they're that bad- particularly because I work in the food industry. And usually then, it just means a terrible tip, if one at all. But hey, what do I know? All I know is that by treating people well, I got a better pay raise than most people I work with get. And it doesn't matter what side of the counter I'm behind- I'm not a fan of putting up facades.

#10 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

http://www.purezc.co...&...st&p=720349

Submarina is HORRIBLE, Quizno's is decent, Port of Subs is better than Quizno's.
But my local grocery store makes better sandwiches than all of these combined!

Edited by Cukeman, 07 January 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#11 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

Allow me to be the first to call them grinders... icon_deformed.gif

I can't eat Subway anymore, due to my food allergies, but I used to get a plain old BLT with some cucumbers thrown on. And it was heaven.

#12 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

If there was anything I'd go for a cheap, decent meal for lunch, I'd go Subway and have the meatball or some other $5 sub. Also, the one in the shopping centre near my local TAFE allows me to have either a free cookie or a reg. drink with my sub since I'm a secondary school student, on weekdays.

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

Subway is the only fast food restaurant I ever go to anymore, and I go about once every other week. My favorite is the Spicy Italian, but I also enjoy the Chicken Finger, Buffalo Chicken, and Steak and Cheese. Nothing but the sub. It's a meal in itself.

#14 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Jan 7 2012, 05:00 PM) View Post

I think making anything with "love" or whatever the hell you call it does make the difference. If you at least care enough to get something done right, it does go the extra mile. If I made a quest without giving a single damn, it probably wouldn't do so well; but if I made one that I put effort into because I cared about what the player wanted, it'd probably do better than that one.

Game design =/= sandwich ingredients.

#15 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

Here is my contribution to this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users