• Please log in to reply
590 replies to this topic

#46 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Feb 27 2012, 04:56 PM) View Post

Try this: drop this version into your rc3 directory (Note**You cannot use the ZCLauncher to start zc unless you rename it) and set win_proc_fix = 1 in the config file before you run it.

Download: http://www.mediafire...gq5xx/rc3.1.zip
Side Note: The only changes from this build are extra debugging info and a modified DrawLayer() . This is not a replacement for rc3 so use the download link in the first post if you haven't downloaded it yet. This will not run without it.

Ok I tried my DrawLayer test again. DrawLayer() now works MUCH better. icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif The performance seems to be more inline with what I would expect and transparent pixels work. In addition it seems that culling now works as well. Also the coordinate space is also proper now. icon_smile.gif Rotating seems a little weird but I'll have to look into that more. All in all, very nice improvements.

Should I test DrawScreen() as well? Or has that not been touched yet?

#47 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Feb 27 2012, 08:39 PM) View Post

I'm pretty certain Saffith replied to you.

Oh wait, whoops. You're right. Didn't see the first part of the post. Thanks. :3

#48 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(blue_knight @ Feb 27 2012, 05:39 PM) View Post

Ok I tried my DrawLayer test again. DrawLayer() now works MUCH better. icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif The performance seems to be more inline with what I would expect and transparent pixels work. In addition it seems that culling now works as well. Also the coordinate space is also proper now. icon_smile.gif Rotating seems a little weird but I'll have to look into that more. All in all, very nice improvements.

Should I test DrawScreen() as well? Or has that not been touched yet?

Layer arguments not equal to 0 still don't work and screen layers > 0 are not drawn yet so please be patient and work around that issue for now. Otherwise there should be about a 3x speed increase from calling drawcombo.

Anyone test the proposed threading issue fix yet? (In case it got buried in the last page) http://www.mediafire...gq5xx/rc3.1.zip

#49 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I switched just because the Windows Aero thing is fixed :3

#50 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Feb 27 2012, 06:15 PM) View Post

Layer arguments not equal to 0 still don't work and screen layers > 0 are not drawn yet so please be patient and work around that issue for now. Otherwise there should be about a 3x speed increase from calling drawcombo.

Thanks for letting me know, I can work around that by changing the map directly so that's actually not a big deal. icon_smile.gif Thanks for such a quick turn around.

Edited by blue_knight, 27 February 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#51 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

DrawLayer seems to work better now with RC3.1 but it seems that it only can draw Layer 0 just like DrawScreen only seems to draw Layer 0. Will this be fixed?

#52 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(aaa2 @ Feb 28 2012, 01:13 AM) View Post

DrawLayer seems to work better now with RC3.1 but it seems that it only can draw Layer 0 just like DrawScreen only seems to draw Layer 0. Will this be fixed?

Gleeok mentioned that this is still a problem and will be fixed.

In the meantime you can get around the problem with DrawLayer() by changing the map you are drawing from. You can get the Layer map from a screen using Screen->LayerMap(layer_num). There's a similar function for getting the LayerScreen as well.

Edited by blue_knight, 28 February 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#53 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

Thanks that is what i will do then. That is a very good idea i must have been too stuck up with the feature to even think about that. Thank you!

#54 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Feb 28 2012, 02:16 AM) View Post
Your code doesn't actually do anything.
CODE
                    if(LttP_Tunic_Defense*4 >= nme->Damage/LttP_Tunic_DMG_Reduction_Factor){ //Reduce the enemy's physical attack.
                        nme->Damage/LttP_Tunic_DMG_Reduction_Factor;
                    }
                    else{
                        nme->Damage - LttP_Tunic_Defense*4;
                    }

Those should be /= and -=

I did that and it worked. Thanks, I never saw that you had to do that icon_blink.gif.

#55 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

icon_smile.gif
Hi
Now i really dont know why is not working this happens when i try to run
zc

Picture here

see the red line all around?

and here is my allegro.log
allegro.log

and mine ag.cfg
ag.cfg

ZQ runs fine but not ZC and i have vista64 bit i never tryed ZC yesterday.

Need some help please

Edited by judasrising, 28 February 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#56 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

I think what's happening there is that the game is being run in a sandbox. Probably something your antivirus software did automatically (Avast?). If that's the case, you'll just need to tell it ZC is safe.

Mac build is ready: http://l.j-factor.co.../ZC-250-rc3.tgz

#57 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

I thought i might ask here is there a way to change the cset of a combo without rebuilding the whole combo alias? I realize that you can build up a combo alias by combos each using different csets but wouldnt it be possible to increase the cset of all combos in an alias by pressing + like in normal mode(of course after that modulo the number of csets)? Same should be possible for lowering csets shouldnt it? I am asking because building each combo alias for each cset is a lot of work. This would make it a lot faster.
One reason i am asking is because i spent several hours now building combo aliases in the wrong cset before realizing that for combo aliases one cannot change cset.

Edited by aaa2, 28 February 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#58 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

So far, both programs hang every time, and have to be closed with the task manager.

#59 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(aaa2 @ Feb 28 2012, 10:50 AM) View Post

I thought i might ask here is there a way to change the cset of a combo without rebuilding the whole combo alias?

At the moment, it's not possible. It might not be hard to add; I'll look into it.

QUOTE(Anthus @ Feb 28 2012, 11:10 AM) View Post
So far, both programs hang every time, and have to be closed with the task manager.

Set zc_win_proc_fix and zq_win_proc_fix to 0 in ag.cfg. If that doesn't help, try setting disable_direct_updating to 0.

#60 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

thank you for looking into it if its really possible to change it by + and - like with normal combos that would be so cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users