How to place link and warps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zelda fan gamer

Zelda fan gamer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:38 PM

How do I place link on the map and how can create warps? (to houses and caves.) icon_confused.gif

EDIT:And how can i remove the black on the layers?(When I`m making trees on layer 2 the is stile there, waht do I do?)

Edited by Zelda fan gamer, 04 September 2007 - 12:44 PM.

#2 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

I'm sorry. But you're not making any sense.

Are you asking how to get Link to warp into a dungeon/house?

And what black on layers?

You're gonna have to explain a little better what you need.

#3 Zelda fan gamer

Zelda fan gamer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

When I am placing treetops on the screen the background at the treetops, is becoming black. And how to I place link on a screen? And at last how do I create cave? (warp from a map to another) icon_blink.gif

Edited by Zelda fan gamer, 04 September 2007 - 02:01 PM.

#4 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:09 PM

What tileset are you using and which version of ZC are you using?

Are you placing the treetops on the same screen, or a different one and combining the two?

To warp from one map to another just use a warp combo.

I would really suggest you check out one of these tutorials listed in THIS thread.
At least one of them should be able to answer some of these basic questions for you.

#5 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:03 PM

Link shows up in your game when you play it and you use the zelda-w program to play.
When you want link to start on a certain screen, go to Quest-Dmap Data-The first you see(probably 0).
The type the number of the screen you want link to start at Continue: 0x(type your number).
If it's on a other map, change the map number to the number it has to be, but I guess you don't need to make a change to that.
Example: Here
Now go to the starting screen to set the certain spot, link needs to be. Scroll around on the work bar on the bottom until you see some sort of stairs, a green and blue warp, a rupee and a flag next to each other.
Click the green warp and set it on the spot where Link needs to start.

To make warps, place a tile(also named combo) with the properties of stairs, direct warp, or the cave stuff where you want. Now go to Data-Tilewarp to set the properties, it's alot like the stuff about the starting screen I told ya before.

Erasing the black outlines? Make sure the pixels are black with a X trough it, and if you want people to walk under the treetops, use layer 3, not 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users