Need Help - Continue Spots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

Okay... I don't know what individual questions I should ask, so I'm just going to state what I want to happen and if somebody knows how I could make it happen, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I'm revamping Eternal Winter, so that my Overworld won't look so bland and grey; this, however, will put in a plot twist. Only two dungeons into the game, the player will be warped, through time, to a completely new overworld: it will be basically the same one as the one covered in snow, except more passageways will be open and it will be in completely different CSets.

What I want to happen is simple: If a player turns off their game before beating the first two dungeons, then they will turn on the game and be in the Eternal Winter Overworld: However, if they save and turn off their game AFTER being transported to the Summertime overworld, then they will STAY in the summertime overworld, until near the end of the game they are warped back to the wintertime overworld, where they will then continue from that wintertime overworld.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
LostInHyru1e

#2 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

Well go to dmap and set what the continue area is and if you want it to continue there when you reset or play zelda classic again check continue here

#3 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:34 PM

But but he needs to change the continue point he's saying.^

The only way I can think to do this is always have them start on a title screen and press down to go to the game. But when the area is changed use either room state carryovers or boss flags (depending on the version, 2.5 for room state carryovers and anything else for boss flags) to change the title screen to warp to the new overworld.

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

Thats always good to but if its a long long game its kinda irritating to start from the begining like link to tortuga it is like that until you get the wistle

#5 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:45 PM

Well how would you avoid that without a warp system/whistle or continuing doing what I said with the title screen to start in a different spot after activating the room state carry overs? ...Actually that's a really good idea, I might do that.

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:28 PM

Remember, every time you side warp you will ALWAYS continue to the point where you side warped to.

#7 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:48 PM

So, will checking "Continue Here" make me continue there AFTER you save and quit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users