Photo

Link faces wrong direction when entering warps

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

Okay, so, I try to have Link enter a cave/dungeon, etc., and whenever I enter the warp, he enters the cave facing downward, therefore immediately walking out of the room. How do I fix this?

Also, normally, if there's a Stair combo on the screen, it activates as soon as you walk into it. Instead, you have to walk directly onto it and stop in order to activate that. Help?

Details: Orion's ALttP Tileset, ZC version is 2.11 beta 15

Oh, and I've tried it in other versions, and it's not just the version that's causing it.

#2 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

I think there's an option that states what direction link faces when exiting the warp/"coming out the other end". Oh wait... I may be thinking of RPG maker. Meh. You can check anyway.

And for the stair combo, I had a similar problem with pushing blocks and it was solved by a quest rule. So maybe it's a quest rule you're missing?

Sorry for the lack of help, I'm not that knowledgeable with ZC, unfortunately. icon_shrug.gif

#3 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

1: You set the Green Square directly overlapping the checkerboard stuff at the bottom that marks what won't be shown on the screen normally.
2: I dunno 'bout this.

Sorry I couldn't help you with #2, but there's not enough info for that, and it's never happened to ME before. Maybe you need to check the rule Walk affected combos are linked together, if it's not?

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 30 2007, 06:11 PM) View Post
Okay, so, I try to have Link enter a cave/dungeon, etc., and whenever I enter the warp, he enters the cave facing downward, therefore immediately walking out of the room. How do I fix this?

Also, normally, if there's a Stair combo on the screen, it activates as soon as you walk into it. Instead, you have to walk directly onto it and stop in order to activate that. Help?

Details: Orion's ALttP Tileset, ZC version is 2.11 beta 15

Oh, and I've tried it in other versions, and it's not just the version that's causing it.
I bet you have Z3 animation on. Z3 animation screws up a lot of things.

#5 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:33 AM

I'm having a similar problem with stairs. I can't enter mine Satirs [b], [c], or [d] at all. What gives?

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Aug 30 2007, 08:21 PM) View Post

1: You set the Green Square directly overlapping the checkerboard stuff at the bottom that marks what won't be shown on the screen normally.

That wasn't it. icon_unsettled.gif
QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Aug 30 2007, 10:11 PM) View Post

I bet you have Z3 animation on. Z3 animation screws up a lot of things.

Nope. I have Z3 MOVEMENT on, but I'm using BS animation.

I moved the square though, no change. icon_unsettled.gif

#7 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

1. If I can remember right, you but your green square under the door, and the blue square at the edge of the doorway. I believe that it's set up where Link spawns on the green square, but walks toward the blue square.
Vise versa if it doesn't work that way.

2.Sensitive Warp? I'm pretty sure it will activate as soon as you touch the combo.

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

Okay, now he enters the right way. Thanks, Linkus! icon_biggrin.gif

As for Sensitive Warp... is that a quest rule?

#9 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:07 PM

No. Sensitive warp is a new warp type that warps you as soon as you touch it, not like the other warp types.

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

Okay thanks. icon_smile.gif

Problem resolved.

... at least, I would like to say that. Sensitive Warp doesn't work. Again, I tried it on more than one version, so that's not the problem. icon_unsettled.gif

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Sep 1 2007, 12:12 PM) View Post
Okay thanks. icon_smile.gif

Problem resolved.

... at least, I would like to say that. Sensitive Warp doesn't work. Again, I tried it on more than one version, so that's not the problem. icon_unsettled.gif
Try turning off Z3 movement and seeing if it works. I rememberone bug where fairy flags weren't activated if Z3 movement was on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users