Dungeon pushing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

I was on ZQuest (duh) and I tried actually havingopen dungeons, where I had wide passages connecting the rooms, instead of LOZ size doors. It wants to push me as far as a door would. I've tried all the quest rules that might have to do with it, but no dice. icon_mad.gif

#2 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Dungeon DMaps will always push Link. Try interior/cave DMap types. Note that automatic doors can't be used in non-dungeon DMaps.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

Don't forget to check "freeform dungeons" quest rule, since what you want to do is a freeform dungeon.

#4 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, if you want shutters AND open passages in the same dungeon, you'll either have to build around the link-pushing clause or use Secret Flags and the Enemies->Secret screen flag to emulate a working shutter in each room on a Cave-type Dmap. Also you can set the locked door combos to Lock Blocks, but I recommend making a seperate set of combos for those (so you don't mess up your existing dungeons).

#5 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

I had the same problem and I had changed to the freeform dungeon as CastChaos said (and was probably the one who suggested it). I had to go back and change the between the doors to overhead combos, but everything else worked fine.

I also have a question in regards to the same thing. If you have the dungeon set as "cave" because you don't want it to push you, are you still able to make passageways and item rooms since they fall under "cave" as well. I tried it with a cave I had made and it would keep putting link into the middle of bricks at the bottom. I made sure that the start points were where I wanted link to start, but nada. It also won't seem to let you have any guys talk to you from normalcave rooms. Instead of the "cave" room the guy talks to you from, you get the item room with the guy in the middle not saying anything and you are stuck in bricks.

Is this mainly that you can't have a cave within a cave? Or would I need to use a tile warp to another screen other than 80 and tile warp back to correct this?

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:54 AM

If you want a professional quest, you need tile warp not to screen 80 and side warp back from where you were. However, cave/item rooms and passageways should work well from cave rooms, too... icon_shrug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users