The Eight Eights

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:31 AM

What are you doing with the eight bottom screens of the map (80-87)? They aren't accessible by the player the same way as the upper (big) rectangle, only 80 and 81 can be accessed as Cave and Three-way passage (overworld DMaps) or Item and Passageway (dungeon DMaps). But apart from that, anything can be done with them.

I for example, fully use them for layers. This way I need to open less maps only to have place for layers (I usually put layers to separate layer maps.). However, it's also a witty use that you make a simple room and when next time you make an interior with the same walls, you only need to copy/paste. I used this method when making my first, Classic quest. Additionally, you can put combos there, so when you need them, you just right click select them and so you don't need to scroll on the combo page that much. (In the betas, you put them there and do a right click "scroll to combo" instead of "select combo".)

What other witty uses your Eight Eights have?

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:36 AM

I use them if I have one layer that I want to put over a lot of screens, like a rain overlay or something.

I don't really use them otherwise though; I like to keep my layers organised mostly.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:34 AM

I never use them. But the scroll to combo thing is a good idea. Then again, that's what favorite combos and large mode are for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users