Castlevanie movie!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:24 PM

I was reading the biggest Hungarian VG forum when I saw a link: Hungarian movie news.

It is about a Castlevania movie. The person on the left is the director. It says that originally the movie was going to be made in Romania and Hungary, but Hungary was dropped in favor of South America.

Nevertheles... there will be a Castlevania movie!

I made a search and found this: Castlevania movie information

The next should be a Zelda movie! icon_rolleyes.gif

#2 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

Well, if this is true, and if it's going to start off the belmont clan against Dracula...that would mean that it would likely be based off of Lament of Innocence, which is when the first known belmont, Leon Belmont. But of course, it probably won't be. Many video game movies usually stray away and make an original story on their own.

This might be interesting to see, to say the least. But 2009? Damn. But then again, I found out about Advent Children in 2004, it wasn't released until 2006 (Americans got it April 2007...what an adventure that was to get). So maybe it'll be worth the wait.

Notice I said maybe worth the wait.

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

DUDE! My bro was just fantasizing about this kind of thing a few months ago, man... sounds awesome...

#4 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

This movie could only end up really really good or dang-awful. I'm just hoping they don't wreck it.

#5 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

Wow! There are so many ways to make a Castlevania movie... As for a Zelda movie...I'm skeptical. I think it would be impossible to make a good Zelda movie.

I think video game movies should be done in all-CGI like Advent Children. Live action just presents too much of a lameness chance.

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

It's really the best to do VG movies in CGI, but seems like this Castlevania will be traditional flesh-blood. Maybe, a monster movie is better in that way.

I don't think that somebody could make a good Zelda movie, either...

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:59 AM

Agreed. Please, no Zelda movies. Doom was a great game, but movie = icon_thumbsdown.gif . I would HATE for that to happen to Zelda. Plus, Link needs to remain mute, and it's hard to do that in movie.

#8 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

I really, REALLY, REALLY hope they dont screw this up, and we end up with just another lame Van Helsing clone, urg... {Or worse yet, a totally bass-ackwards translation like, um, MORTAL KOMBAT!!}

I agree. CGI would most definitely be the way to go. And I never thought I would find myself saying THAT!! {But in my defense, Advent Children went a loooong way to get me to change my mind.} I just dont want to wait two years, {actually, more like two decades, since Ive wanted a Castlevania movie since Castlevania II}, and have a giant letdown on my hands, AGAIN!! Can anyone say Hitchhiker's Guide?? Yeah, sure, I knew ya could, LOL.

Everyone say a prayer to whatever Gods are in control of VG-to-Movie translations.

~apoetalone~

#9 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, not another Van Helsing clone! o.O If they're going to do this right, whoever is making this Castlevania movie needs to pour a lot of money and effort into it, and not change the characters/plot/setting for time or money's sake. Video game movies seem to be really cheap-looking imho except for a select few.

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

I almost feel as if they could do more with Soma Cruz's plotline than with the Belmonts'... I mean, after all, there *IS* a Belmont in Aria Of Sorrow. (I haven't played Dawn of Sorrow, unfortunately. >.< )

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:25 AM

I don't like Soma... X( Plagiar character... They should rather choose Alucard. Symphony of the Night would be so so perfect from every viewpoints. The inverted castle would be great... that is even harder than Mega Man X6! Just imagine as Alucard runs between gigantic armored fighters and almost gets decapicated by a gigantic ghost with a sword that is as big as a medium sized room... Watch out, medusa heads!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users