[Request] Super Metroid: Botwoon Tiles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

I've been spending a bit of time trying to find the sprite tiles for Botwoon from Super Metroid (the miniboss in Maridia). I tried looking on a couple different sites like spriters resource, but couldn't find them. I even tried downloading SMILE to extract the GFX right out of the ROM, but it seems like SMILE doesn't even use tiles for enemies, it's like they use pictures, or something... icon_freak.gif

Short story short, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could find/make these Botwoon sprite tiles, thanks!

#2 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

The tiles ARE in the ROM, but you have to either use Romview or download Tile Layer Pro. TLP is a ROMgraphics editor and, once you find the Botwoon sprites (note: Super Metroid uses only two seperate 16x16 tiles for it. The coding handles the rest of the boss), PrintScreen it and paste it into MS Paint. From there, you can crop it down to the Botwoon tiles you want. It helps if you rip the pallet out using SMILE and put it into TLP.

Edited by Orin XD, 26 May 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#3 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Well, I got TLP, but it's probably gonna take a while to find 2 specific tiles out of this whole mess. I mean, more than half of these tiles look like random garbage tiles, but that might just be mode 7 gfx or something (Yes, I'm using the SNES 4Bpp setting). I also tried using a save state for the palette, but I still can't seem to find any enemy tiles, or anything that looks like an enemy to be more specific...

wait a second, how could Botwoon fit into 2 tiles?

AHA! I found some ripped Botwoon tiles! If anyone else was ever looking for these, you can find them at Metroid Fan Mission.

http://metroidr.brpx...t...;c=1&id=246

Edited by Octorockoncrack, 26 May 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#4 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

I'd be interested in this sprite sheet, too. I was thinking of making a Moldorm version of Botwoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users