Photo

Screenshot of the Week 798

Taco Chopper Architect Abdiel Bagu

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 798 (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 October 2023 - 11:20 PM

Architect Abdiel
ArchitectAbdiel.png
Link is ready to enter, the next dungeon....
If he can just get past this stupid fence and those dumb dungeon copycat block locks.
Why are there no items and only 18 seconds? I had to make a new DMap and load back up.

Bagu
Bagu.png
...stuff I made for my girlfriend's son

Taco Chopper
TacoChopper.png
splash

• Bagu likes this

#2 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2023 - 05:53 AM

My screen is just a test thing....
...as most of my latest shots (except the MotU stuff) it's a bunch of tiles, made for my girlfriend's son's ZQ experiments.

Tacco Chopper's screen is so authentical. Pure GB Zelda vibes...

I left a vote, and this week it goes to Architect Abdiel.
I like the aesthetics of colors and arrangement...
...and his shots are absolutely underrated IMO.

• Taco Chopper and Joelmacool like this

#3 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 09 October 2023 - 08:43 AM

My screen is just a test thing....
...as most of my latest shots (except the MotU stuff) it's a bunch of tiles, made for my girlfriend's son's ZQ experiments.

The important thing that is you're getting the kids into ZC at an early age. I very much respect this decision.  :approve:

• Matthew and Bagu like this

#4 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 October 2023 - 04:16 AM

I try voting every week yet never seem to get around to giving my two cents.

Abdiel - I definitely love the functionality of all the screens you've been submitting recently. The shapes of the screens overall are rather straight and not terribly dynamic in that sense, but I love the playability factor. A lot of them have shown multiple entrances which are needed to activate buttons etc. like in this screen and all of them look super fun to play. This one is no exception.

Bagu - You've been on fire lately with the creative use of the engine and (what I assume are) a lot of original tiles. Actually it was this screen that made me want to drop a reply this week. At first glance it reminded me of this desktop PC game called "Yoda Stories" which I played the heck out of as a kid. It was essentially randomly generated side quests that Luke would go on. It always started on Degobah but you would take off on your X-wing for adventure at the start of each mission. Your screen gave me so much of those vibes and made me feel super nostalgic. Would love to see more of this project, though your He-Man one is looking fantastic!

Taco - Talk about hitting a home run. This screen is out of the park. Palette is on point, there is action in the shot with Link jumping in the water, and the design is crisp and fresh. I love the one tile gap (or is that brick background?) with a blooper you have to avoid. I dunno if this is a mock-up but if it isn't it looks like it could be one of those fun intro dungeons where you have to avoid enemies before you get your weapon. Vote went here.

I loved the work the three of you put in this week. It's rare to have that feeling of "I want to play that screen!" for all of the entries on a SOTW, but that's definitely what I felt. Bravo to all of you for that! Really enjoying seeing the contest up every week again. Hope you all can keep it up.

Thank you so much:)

-ス

• nicklegends and Taco Chopper like this

#5 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 16 October 2023 - 01:56 AM

With 70.83% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 798 is Taco Chopper!

TacoChopper.png
splash

Congratulations!

Voting totals:
  • Taco Chopper - 16 (70.83%)
  • Bagu - 5 (20.83%)
  • Architect Abdiel - 2 (8.33%)

• Bagu likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Taco Chopper, Architect Abdiel, Bagu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users